Who wants Generations style Rescue Bots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hanzkaz, Jan 17, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rescue Bots to have their own Generations style figures?

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    Oh, I still have my original Wedge somewhere! I just have a mania for rebuying every Car Robots character I can when they show up in later lines - granted, so far that means all I've bought is Botcon Sideburn, Sky-Byte, and a 3P Fire Convoy, but still!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

What's there to explain? Lots of TFs have similar modes, color schemes, names and jobs.

3. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I watched the 1st season with my kids when it came out. I got my son the main 4 plus Optimus and Bumblebee, some of the non-articulated human characters, and the Firehouse/Optimus play set. Then my kids grew out of it and moved on to other things.

I'd be down with Chase, Boulder, Heatwave, and Blades. While I'm not a big fan of the show, I have fond memories of bonding with my son over Transformers for that 1 year he was into it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It would be neat if they at least do a box set of the RB in their dino modes from the POTP molds.

Optimus Primal from POTP Grimlock
    Blades from POTP Swoop
    Boulder from POTP Slug
    Chase from POTP Snarl
    Heatwave from POTP Sludge
    Bumblebee from POTP Slash.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    More than anything, I think there was a missed opportunity to have the Rescue Bots form a combiner during RID Combiner Force.

6. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

I'd love generations Rescue Bots. I think they're among my most wanted.

7. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

Oh, that would be brilliant. I would love to see Salvage with an update.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I'd like Generations versions just because I'd like to get representations of Optimus, Bumblebee, High Tide, and Salvage that are more complex than the simple one step preschool toys and actually have decent articulation.

Also wouldn't mind a Heatwave as well if they could work in all four modes into one toy. Not just Inferno/Hot Spot with a new head but a whole new figure who can transform from robot, to fire truck, to speed boat, to Brotasours.

Optimus I'd also want to be a triple changer cause as he's designed not including the T-Rex mode would just be G1 Optimus. I would really like some version of RB Optimus for my shelf but the preschool toys are just way too simple for me. If they made him as a robot/truck/t-rex triple changer I'd be all over that.

Also I don't really feel like getting multiple versions of a character when I don't have to. In the show they're able to transform between more than two modes at a time so that's how I want their toys to work. It's impossible with how simple the preschool versions have to be but if they made generations versions it's a lot more likely to actually work... except I have no idea how to work in Heatwave's boat mode just due to it being a drastically different shape to his other modes. The dino modes already look like they're made of vehicle parts anyway so that shouldn't be too hard to engineer but going from a bunch of angular blocks in three of his modes to a boat with smooth rounded shapes just doesn't seem like it would work well. They could probably work it in but it might end up being his weakest looking mode.

Salvage I think could be a retool of Animated Wreck-Gar.

Bumblebee with a new more complex transformation they could probably make something that actually looks like the animation model.

And High Tide I think with a more complex transformation and taking some ques from the PotP leaders they could probably get his ship to transform into the armor like it does in the cartoon which his current toy actually can't to at all since they sold it as a play set there isn't a proper robot mode on that thing. The smaller High Tide does transform and I'm pretty sure it's just a retool of Heatwave's boat toy but the larger ship doesn't really have a robot mode like the show.

My reasoning behind these, Optimus and Bumblee just cause I've been collecting all their figures... well at least one toy for each of Prime's on screen representations, and any deluxe class Bumblebee. Heatwave and High Tide cause I'm a sucker for aquatic transformers. I'm a Pieces and there aren't a lot of them despite most of the Earth being covered in water. And Salvage just cause
    I really like his character on the show. I even made my own version of G1 Salvage using a spare Generations Wreck-Gar.

Also given the design I could totally see them reusing High Tide for an Omega Supreme toy.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I’d buy that for a dollar.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Me personally? Not at all.

If Hasbro made them, I wouldn't bitch. If they managed to make one or two of them that were good toys and didn't have something stupid like an Earth Policeman's hat on their head, then I'd probably buy them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ampere

Ampere Isn't the sharpest crayon

Hellz-to-the-yes! I've been dying to own more complex Rescue Bots figures for years. RID Blurr wasn't enough as far as I'm concerned. I want the whole cast.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

Might be on to something here. Tho most in need is Armada. And Hasbro can actually easily double dip with them:

Inferno into Heatwave
    Cyclonus to Blades
    Hotshot to Chase
    Scavenger to Boulder

• Like Like x 1