Who wants an animation-accurate MP Seeker mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ejector369, May 27, 2014.

?

Animation-accurate MP Seekers, anyone?

1. YES!

19 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. NO!

36 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. I don't care.

25 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. Maybe

12 vote(s)
    12.6%
  5. I'm not sure...

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the MP-11 Seeker mold isn't animation accurate. After MP Megatron Version 2.0 is released in the eventual future, would anyone like a third Masterpiece Seeker mold based on the G1 animation model? And I do understand that you guys obviously don't want it made because the MP-11 Seeker mold is too recent, but I'd like to see it happen.

2. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I was just about to post something like this in the Masterpiece speculation thread! I know that some people are absolutely sick of the seekers (to the point where they don't even want the conehead trio), but I would actually like the Starscream mold to be redesigned from scratch for the original trio and maybe set up appropriately for conehead remolds.

Why? Not so much for cartoon accuracy but to make them more fun and enjoyable to pick up, fiddle with, and pose. When I set up my MP collection I've noticed one thing - I constantly repose all the MPs post MP-10 but pretty much never touch Starscream or Thundercracker. Why? They're simply NOT FUN. They look decent, but their arms are slmost impossible to move without breaking the chest apart, the long piece at the bottom of the wings stops the legs from moving around easily, and without ankle tilts or better feet it's really hard to get them into the range of cool poses the other MPs can pull off.

3. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

I am undecided would need decent side-by-side pictures with some comparisons. That being said, I like the current MP Seekers... now only if Hasbro would release Skywarp and Starscream in the new mold.

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I don't care.....I've got all 6 in the MP11 mould anyways so more than likely would not start again as they are good enough,

5. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I thought the MP seeker mold was as animation accurate as you could get while still having a plausible transformation to a jet that, I don't know, actually looks like a jet?

Realistically, I don't think any of the MP figures will ever get to be "true" representations of the animation models (EVERY SINGLE ONE has taken liberties), not if you want it to transform into a realistic jet

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    MP11's close enough.

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In all honesty, I could care less. For those who do, I hope they're made, but I'd be perfectly fine with the 11 Mold forever if it never happens.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-11 is as accurate to the Seeker's toon versions as every other MP is to theirs (read: they ALL have changes/compromises/etc. that had to be made), so no, we do not need a third shot at this. They did everything they needed to when revising MP-03 into MP-11, and while it may not be "100% perfect", it's as damn close as it needs to be and fits in perfectly with the other MP's.

PS: where's the poll option "No, we already have an animation accurate design"?

9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I don't really see it getting much better than MP11 to be honest.

10. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I say release the MP-11 ( proper ) repaints . Then retool the entire mold for the coneheads.

11. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    sure, if they want to buy back the other 5 seekers i have...

12. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. MP-11 is great.

13. Timesynch

Timesynch Oni Ichibanya Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The MP-11 is good but there is definitely room for improvement, such as being able to lock the shoulders and chest assembly so stuff doesn't get loose when posing the arms (even iGear solved this problem with their MP Seeker and Conehead KO figures so why couldn't HasTak fix it?). Then there's the ankle tilt issue, annoyance of slipping the (collapsed) head past the little bridge of plastic behind the canopy, the tenuous strut joints connecting the null rays, and tailfins falling off. Still a decent mold though.

Doubt HasTak will try to reinvent the wheel at this point though when they could more easily offer up easy repaint after repaint (other than Skywarp apparently, of course....).

14. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Oh Skywarp. It really does seem like they attribute his poor performance at Walmart to the character, doesn't it?

15. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Here's the problem with this question, the Masterpiece line is going to have style changes, new designers, methods, ect. over many years. The older the figure gets the more out of place it will seem. They can't keep redoing figures every 4 or 5 years to keep a small amount of anal fans happy.

Also as mentioned none of the MPs look exactly like the cartoon, just heavily inspired by the show, with some toy design added in.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I didn't even care about MP-11, the MP-3 and repaints are great, I don't see the need to have yet another run of the Seekers. The mold may not be 100% animation accurate but it's absolutely unmistakable who the characters are. I don't think the differences are enough to warrant a brand new mold.

17. Extendarr

Extendarr Well-Known Member

Next time, on Completely Unpleasable Fandoms...

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. I'd rather they do several other characters, G1 or not, before they redo Starscream for a third time.

I also don't see how MP-11 isn't animation accurate. Any issues I still have with this version of the mold are design issues (chest locking, lack of alternate faces, no foot swivel), not accuracy issues.

19. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please, no more seekers for a while! Maybe after Takara does some of the other major decepticons (Megatron V2, Shockwave, Reflector, Galvatron, Insecticons, Coneheads) they can refine the basic seeker mold ahgain. Until then, I really hope Takara stays away from the seekers for a little while longer

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

No, definitely not. I'd rather see new development funds go towards characters who haven't received MP's yet versus doing a completely new mold to replace one that is, like, 90% great.