Who shouldn't have died

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Ultra saber, Jul 27, 2013.

?

Who shouldn't have died in prime

Poll closed Aug 3, 2013.
  1. Cliffjumper

8 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. Skyquake

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Breakdown

25 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. Hardshell

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Dreadwing

32 vote(s)
    35.6%
  6. Megatron x2

11 vote(s)
    12.2%
  7. Thousands and thousands of "highly trained" vehicon troopers

11 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Breakdown. The personality he had just screamed so much possible redemption. He's one of the few Con's I could have seen accepting the war as over and joining with the Autobots. Like Knockout.

The creators wanted to get Adam Baldwin however and I can only imagine that, given the choice between doing Law and Order and continuing to voice Breakdown, the former gave better opportunity to Adam.

They honestly should have found someone they could have held onto for the whole show like with Daran Norris. Even if Adam's voice was really good, he didn't have the schedule to linger for three years.

2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm fine with the Cons that died, and for the most part how they were taken out. my one gripe in that regard is Breakdown/Silas. I felt Cylas should have gotten a three parter.
    Part 1: Silas' resurrection as Cylas where he still continues leading MECH. the new power slowly going to his head. and in the end he decides to eliminate Mech and join the Decepticons
    part 2: a solid episode of Cylas as part of the cons, Knockout's resentment building.
    part 3: a slightly expanded Human Factor episode.

however my major gripe with the series at large was the lack of autobot casualties. I honestly felt that Bumblebee became superfluous once Smokescreen was introduced. and I feel that Bulkhead's demise could have led to some good Character development for Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus and Miko.

3. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

We should have Seaspray on this list too.

4. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

I loved Dreadwing. He was my favorite con in the show. But, while I would've liked him to join the bots, I'm happy with his death. It served a purpose, gave a fitting end to his character arc, and was one of the show's best moments.

Breakdown was pretty cool. I never did get the huge love for him but I had no issues with him and thought he was a nice enough character. But I voted for him. It's not so much him dying that was the problem. I think he should've died and become Silas' body. But, the plot points tied to him should've ended first.

5. BumbleDeez

BumbleDeez Well-Known Member

I'm okay with Skyquake being dead, but I think they really dropped the ball on how they handled that character.

6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Breakdown. If I had my way, he would've survived to the very end.

7. maku098

maku098 indeed a wise choice

News Credits:
    It was originally supposed to be Smokescreen who died in the episode, but for reasons unknown to me, they changed it to Cliffjumper.

On topic, I chose Dreadwing, because I thought he could have done more.

8. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

I wish Megatron was just arrested or something like in TFA

9. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dreadwing. His character arc was cut short. Could've became an Autobot

Breakdown as well. We didn't get as in-depth with him as we should have. His past with BH and promise to SS were never elaborated on.

I feel like Megatron will be back. Unicron taking over his body will revive his mind and spark. No doubt in my mind

10. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

Breakdown and Dreadwing both shouldn't have been killed.

11. Rewire

Rewire Whiskey Grimlock

Yes, he COULD have become an Autobot, but it was his choice not to--that was made explicitly clear in the episode. Dreadwing is one of the few who definitely SHOULD have died, I think--it closed his arc neatly and was a direct result of his choices and actions.

Definitely the Vehicons, but as far as named characters, I think Breakdown's death was handled pretty poorly and they should have at least made a token effort to wrap up at least one of the little side things they had started up with him. History with Bulkhead? Brought up often enough to be awkward when suddenly dropped. Debt to Starscream? NOPE. Practically painting 'redeemable villain' on himself in day-glo orange? I mean really.

All that said if I could bring anyone back it'd be poor Quake'n'Bake.

12. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

I wanted Cliff to be resurrected, but would deal with Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde scenario, him dealing with his Terrorcon self within his mind.

Dreadwing could of held on for 2 more episodes, but is death was needed for drama.

Breakdown shouldn't have died. Period.

Seaspray should of had an introduction for a 3 part story arc in which he dies at the end.

Hardshell died, fine, but I wish Kickback and Sharpshot, sensed his death due to like a hive mental link. Both seeking revenge and governing the Insecticons.

Half of the Vehicons killed, did not need to die, instead actually overcome the Autobots, succeed and retreat.

But, I would of killed off Breakdown if it meant the introduction of Barricade and with Prowl hot on his trail (Depth Charge, Rampage, cops and robbers scenario). In which Barricade took control over the ground Vehicons.

I also would of introduced Hot Shot, but after about 5-10 episodes he would die.

13. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would've said Dreadwing but a little more of his potential came to fruition than Breakdown's.

Breakdown was an interesting character, for actually caring about the Vehicon troops, being intrigued by Airachnid and remained with some sort of respect for his former partner, Bulkhead. He also did seem a little close to Starscream but for the wrong reasons.

14. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Tie between Breakdown and Dreadwing, but I picked Dreadwing.

I loved Breakdown as a character, but Dreadwing had the most potential. Although he chose to go rouge instead of becoming an Autobot, he was such an honorable character that he could have later.

What if Dreadwing had survived and he'd been the one to banish Soundwave to the Shadow Realm as payback for Skyquake? Now I would have loved that.

As for Cliffjumper...they killed him off too early imo. I know it made a splash when the series first started but I think it would've helped the series in the long run if they'd kept the original plan of having him die later.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Breakdown.

Honestly I'm okay with Dreadwing dying. There's literally nothing for the character to live for.

16. Driskull98

Driskull98 Love that Driskullhausen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    This. My god this. It also applies to Breakdown and Hardshell.