who should they kill of Miko or Raf???

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by tfprime32, Sep 3, 2011.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I love how just because it's UNICRON it's going to be Unicron from the 1986 movie. Chances are he's going to be the big baddy behind the scenes, and he'll get resurrected or revived or whatever just long enough to get his ass kicked by the Autobots. I wouldn't be surprised if Unicron held primarily a manipulator role rather than any kind of active destruction, like how Megatron was for much of season 1 of Animated...there...but manipulating things in his favor, setting up everything for the finality of whatever plan he had.

I doubt the earth will be in any REAL danger that isn't already there with MECH and the 'Cons.

2. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Am I going to need to quote the dictionary at you AGAIN?! Your repetition answer might work for a third-grader who really doesn't know when you're trying to shore up a lackluster argument by tossing the same opinion-based phrase out repeatedly, but sorry, you used the same term so much that you muddled your own statement - IE, you obfuscated your own argument. It's the the phenomena of how saying a word over and over eventually causes the word to lose meaning and just sound funny for a while.

Also, really, the only thing you were obvious about is that you hate things and declare them 'utter shit,' which, unless you are literally talking about a pile of fecal matter, is very, very clearly opinion-based.

I'm sorry that my kung-fu grip on the English language actually allows for more definitions of a word than just the first entry underneath it, or that I understand the way parody and sarcastic humor works, or that I get that you have an opinion but don't actually have any facts to back that up. I apologize for all of that. Really.

I wasn't even actually arguing with you here; I was pointing out that your repetition had no effect other than to make the phrase 'utter shit' mean absolutely nothing because you had effectively spammed it. But if you want to somehow turn that into an argument, go for it. I've got other things to do.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That what I've been thinking too. Unicron will be the mind behind the actions, never showing up himself. Atleast for Season 1 and 2.

4. Electra1408

Electra1408 Mini-Bot

i don't think they should kill anyone...humans, i mean... and also autobots...

5. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

What is with all of these threads that want to kill the kids off???????? Are you people sick or something? Absolutely not. I've watched some of the show, and I think the little boy and the girl are more fun than the taller kid who acts like a stiff, but I'd never want anyone to die, humans or Autobots. And for what???????

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Some fans just don't like human characters for some odd reasons, some of them even dislike human characters to the point of wanting to kill them off just to get rid of them.

What's weird is that Miko and Raff could have the exact same personalities they have now but if they were robots then fans wouldn't be calling for their death. Something odd about it's okay for a robot but not okay for a human character.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Either the fanbase is jealous of the humans or are humilated that they represent us?

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps it's the jealous thing because I honestly can't blame Miko for wanting to see all the cool robot fights. Or wanting to watch her buddy Bulkhead's back even if there isn't much Miko can do other than yell "watch out behind you Bulkhead".

9. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I agree with ya. I love how the kids act, because I'm used to it. I am an aunt of 2 soon to be 3 kids, and I have no problem with them. As for the Autobots, I am neutral in general but until one side starts winning than, I choose my side. So I second your motion there.

10. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Your sig is awesome.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Many fans don't like human characters portrayed badly, especially in relation to Transformers. On the Transformers end, it's "okay" because they're the ones alien to us. The dissonance is having an elementary school kid and a middle school kid interact in ways with alien robots both directly and indirectly socially that are unrealistic. Sure, it seems "cool" to have a show with an elementary school kid that's completely unafraid, totally unthreatened by, and even possessing technological intelligence even superior to an alien robot possessing more advanced technology than the human race. However, the likelihood of this is slim to none. Sure, middle-schoolers can be (and are, mostly) silly, giddy, and such - but not in relation to a group of alien robots.

Like him or hate him, Jack and his portrayal are the most realistic of the three, as he can be a bit fearful of the Transformers, but in the end he just wants to be a "normal" high school having the typical high school life.

Also, admitting my own biases, Transformers: Prime is a bit of a stylized cartoon show, but at the same time it does have a bit of an angle of trying to be a somewhat realistic portrayal of the story. Honestly, this is one of my major gripes with the show is that it seems to have a bit of an identity crisis with style. On one hand, it wants to look like the live action movies, looking as realistic as possible, while on the other hand it's aspiring to be what Transformers: Animated is. When I watch a cartoon, the visual style should cue me into whether or not to really take it seriously or not (compare Ghost in the Shell with The Looney Tunes: I love both, but the visual style helps determine the tone). When I watch Transformers: Prime, I'm constantly having to remind myself, "Ok, this is a cartoon, so this shouldn't be taken too seriously," and "Ok, this isn't a silly cartoon, and this is quite a bit realistic." Contrast Cliffjumper being brutally murdered and coming back as a zombie (coupled with Arcee's horrifying reaction) to Raf's science project blowing up the school).

12. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Prime is certainly not trying to be TFA if you ask me. They're both in stylized american cartoon visuals but the overall look, proportioning and detailing is much less cartoony, it's more like stuff like Men in Black cartoon than TFA which looked more like Teen Titans with robots.

It's detailed without being over realistic, and that is pretty much the show's tone, serious with the drama but not so far as to never do humor, and honestly that Raf volcano scene is the wackiest the show got so far humor-wise, a 10 second scene out of 23 episodes that came during a mostly humoristic scene after the episode's threat was done, I'm not seeing this identity crisis at all.

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, just to clarify, what I mean to say is that Transformers: Prime is deliberately trying to be stylized in a cartoon illustration angle. Transformers: Animated is very blatantly stylized (which is part of its charm), and Transformers: Prime is trying to do the same thing. I just don't think it's as successful in doing so.

I guess where we've came to things is that this sort of thing is Transformers: Prime's style now. For me, it's has a certain dissonance. I guess at the end of the day, I still really like it, but there are things I want to see done differently.

The only time I've ever liked a little human kid (pre-high school age) in a series was RiD, but that series is intentionally completely silly. Sari Sumdac doesn't really count for me, cuz she's a robot kid. :) 

Hopefully, that makes a little more sense. Honestly, I've actually had a hard time putting my finger on what it is that I don't like about Transformers: Prime, as I want to just really like it a LOT. The closest I can come is what I dislike about the human portrayals, and wanting the show to be less cartoony looking and more realistic, since I feel the show is more than halfway there to begin with *shrug* I'll still enjoy it for what it is though :) 

14. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    If they could, kill Miko. She is the most annoying of the group.

15. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I honestly don't think so. Just by comparing the two aritsts portfolios you can see they've got different ways of stylization with different tones. Prime is stylized, but it's stylized in a completely different way than Animated.

Just look at... the hands, yes? In Animated the hands are like, french fry fingers, a super animation friendly finger, design, but in Prime their hands have all those angles yet they keep depth and lots of detail. Both styles are clearly based on the original robot style, but TFA is going a <--- route with it and Prime is going a ----> route with it.

I might be biased because I think TFP's art style is the best TF style ever but I don't think this applies in my argument, that there's different purposes and paths to be taken with art style and I don't think it's right to say that Prime is trying to be TFA, I do however agree that they are obviously trying to be like the movies in how the transformations and stuff happens, if they weren't trying to be like the movie Bumblebee, Optimus and Megatron (the FRANCHISE FACE characters) wouldn't be so overly Bayformers inspired.

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I never said it was trying to be like Animated other than that Transformers: Prime is also trying to be stylized. Also, I never said I didn't like the visual style of Transformers: Prime. What I am saying is that I feel that Animated does a better job in this category. Also, I guess I've been spoiled by G.I.Joe: Renegades and Thundercats while finding myself wanting more from Transformers: Prime. Others may disagree with all of that (and that's fine), but that's how I feel about it.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Jumping in late here, but as for being Bayformers inspired, I would agree that Bumblebee and to some degree Megatron look more like their Movie counterparts, but Optimus is more a G1 inspired throwback, imho. There have been scenes in TFP where he looks so much like G1 Optimus, it's almost eerie.
    The snowstorm scene is one that comes to mind..several of us at the time it aired remarked on how much he looked very much like his G1 Optimus, sitting there in the snow.

I have no problem with the CGI for TFP and when it's well done-and I love the scenery and characters in TFP- I prefer it over the classic animation styles of TFA or the Trilogy.

18. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

The way I see it, Prime Optimus has G1 Prime's character design, TFA Prime's outline/shape, and movie Prime's aesthetic.

19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Yep, I think it's the little changes in color and his arms & legs that make the difference.
    Found some pix of my fave bot...and I had forgotten in TFA his arms had the blue and red, not just red only as in TFP. I kept thinking his arms seem so much longer in TFP, visually the blue breaks up the arm length. Also he had very skinny legs in TFA as well..not a fan of the skinny legs, like the "beefier" leg build in the movie and G1. But still, TFP Prime is more G1 and TFA with a few movie bits thrown in the mix. :thumb 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dang!!, this wasn't about Optimus was it? :lol 

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011