Who should direct the next big TF movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rais Hussain, May 13, 2019 at 3:56 PM.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Make TFW2005 Shrektastic Again! Veteran

Nolan is the perfect example of someone who shouldn't direct Transformers, and I loved his Batman flicks.

Take Interstellar as an example. It's a fine film in many ways, and it's visually gorgeous, but it was so lacking in joy and took itself so seriously that I couldn't enjoy it that much, nor, being a scientist myself, could I take its "serious" science fiction seriously either. Meanwhile, I can take the crazy McGuffins and their effects in the TF and MCU films fine, because while those films certainly have serious moments, they also have plenty of silly things and aren't pretending to be serious, realistic science fiction either.

So Adamson would be my first pick, and not because I like Shrek, but because I think he might actually a good choice for TFs, and after that I honestly am not certain.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Pirate Lord

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think Gore Verbinski would be an interesting choice.

3. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think the answer's obvious.
    tumblr_p4mfdztpVF1sr2ig1o1_1280.jpg

4. Rais Hussain

Rais Hussain Member

Ebay:
    Why isn’t Chad Stahelski in anyone’s possibilities? His action scenes in John Wick are just insane, imagine it in a transformers movie.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

Ummm, Oooookayyyy. . .Were you watching the same movie that I and others saw when seeing Interstellar??? Reminds me of how many complained that Sam Flynn in TRON LEGACY wasn't a joy to be around. . .Ummm, if your Father had been missing for 20 years due to being locked inside a digital universe called "The Grid"(which he neglected figuring out a way to override it), I'm pretty sure that most people would be pissed off, cause, ya know, of a thing called child neglect/absent parenting. . .

Plus, I'm pretty sure a film involving a global crop blight and 2nd Dust Bowl which pretty much was rendering the earth inhabitable (which is literally the plot of interstellar) wouldn't be a laughing matter:rolleyes: ;) . . .AT ALL. . .And last time I checked, while some of the science was hoaky, Interstellar is, ya know, a science fiction film, and wasn't trying to be the science fiction/satire/comedy/musical/Shrek-related movie that you wanted it to be. Why? Because it is a film that clearly knows what it is , clearly represented what it is and what it isn't, and, the science involved for the most part (at least what is known, since ya know,
    humans currently are unable to survive a black hole to even be able to make it to the event horizon), isn't that far off actually.

Comparing Interstellar to the bayverse and MCU is a huge stretch, moreso a false equivalence . .That's like saying carrots and potatoes should be sweet like apples and oranges, just because they're all plants. . .Doesn't work that way, as they all have definitive traits that distinctly identify them, irregardless of the fact that they grow in soil . .Maybe it's just me, but when I bite into a carrot or a potato, I'm not expecting the sweet taste and aroma of a fruit. If someone else wants to drench those 2 veggies in sugar and cool whip, to each their own. . .:rolleyes: o_O 

Now, while I could see maybe the characters wanting to share a few laughs in a film like Interstellar (to help deal with the dire situation they faced) not everything is meant to be silly or evoke laughter, (and certainly not the "humor" which the bayverse used) nor did Christopher Nolan and Anne Hathaway, Matthew McConaughey, and the other cast and crew sign up for a silly, punchline-saturated comedy. Their job in the story was to eliminate and reverse the death of the Earth, and the Earth's population, not to make the audience laugh their asses off-yet, again, maybe that's just me:rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Maybe it just wasn't the film for you. . .

SOURCES:
    What 'Interstellar' Got Right and Wrong About Science

The science of Interstellar: fact or fiction?

14 Things That Happen In "Interstellar", Ranked By Scientific Accuracy

The Science of 'Interstellar': Black Holes, Wormholes and Space Travel

Neil DeGrasse Tyson Separates Fact From Fiction In 'Interstellar'

Interstellar Gives a Spectacular View of Hard Science

And many more. . . But don't take my word for it. . .

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 4:52 PM
  6. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    I mean, that's essentially what he said.

7. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense to all, but I still like Michael Bay. For me in hingsight, the Bumblebee movie was boring. I was on the bandwangon when it first came on but realized later that it wasn't all that great. it pretty much suffers from the same issues that the 2007 movie had - bots not being the focus, too much humans, etc. - PLUS unmemorable action scenes.

I say Transformers should be given a break from the big screen, and if there's an obvious trend brewing, it is that people are going to be watching films on their devices (TV, phone, laptop) through some streaming service. I think this would be good opportunity for Transformers to come back as an animated series and focus on the robots like the G1 cartoon. Seeing how Netflix will be releasing the next Transformers series I am keeping an eye to see if they will do something serious with the series.

8. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either one of 3 James - James Wan, James Cameron or James Gunn

• Like Like x 1
  9. Skjalddis

Skjalddis Generations Strongarm when?

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'd like to see Duncan Jones take a stab.