Who named Galvatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hup2thepenguin, Jun 30, 2014.

1. hup2thepenguin

hup2thepenguin Beagle.in.red

Why did Joyce name Galvatron Galvatron in the first place if he wanted him to look like Optimus Prime? I figured he should've given him a name that ended with Prime. He was even mad when Galvatron looked like Megatron, so why give them similar names? I think it would've been a lot cooler if Galvatron named himself.

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I posted it in another thread a while back, but I was curious myself and did a search to see if "Galva-" meant anything, and apparently it means "head" (as in the body part) in Latvian and Lithuanian. So maybe some of the scientists had that heritage, or even Joshua himself.

It'd be quite fitting considering they're literally building him using the head of Megatron.

It's something at least. :p 

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also it sounds like "galvanize" which is, you know, a cool word.

Of course, since as we know Megatron HIMSELF was in control the whole time, he could have easily inserted it onto a list of possible names, manipulated focus group results, etc. As soon as he reveals himself he screams that his name is Galvatron, so it's not like he was just stuck with it!

4. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    That's my personal theory on it. Megatron was controlling much, so it would make sense that he got into their systems and was able to alter their market research to make Galvatron sound like a great name.

...now that I say that, my mind wonders if Megatron also altered e-mails and stuff so to convince KSI to go along with Attinger to hunt down the Autobots. You know... alter a lawyer's letter so he says 'yeah, totally protected', sent letters to Attinger to make it seem like Joyce was 100% down with brutal murder, hid from everyone just who they were melting down...

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Maybe she did that because Galvatron sounds more mainstream than somethingus Prime

6. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Hasbro called KSI and said "Hey we want to sell toys of your new robots mind if we do the names? Please, WE MUST SELL TOYS!" By this point Megatron took control of Hasbro marketing department...

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Oh God it all makes sense now...