Who is your favorite Youtube toy reviewer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lee9, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

Whose reviews do you all count on?

My favorite is Thew, because he covers everything in detail (and remarkable insight) in just 3-4 minutes. And he's gut-bustingly funny.

2. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    I count on peaugh the most
    I need optibotimus for reverse transformations
    Barutazaru vangelus and emgo for comedy
    Pizdets79 for g1
    Dyansis and kalelprime for characters
    I could go on forever

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Vangelus, Thew, Peaugh, FXFranz, Optibotimus, TJOmega, and sometimes Emgo. That's all I watch.

Out of those, Vangelus is my favorite, followed by Peaugh, FXFranz, and then Thew.

4. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 Former Toys R Us Commander

Ebay:
    Peaugh and Optibotimus all the way!
    These guys have convinced me to get so many Transformers that they should get a commission check from Hasbro!
    lol

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    the only ones i really watch are Thew, Peaugh, Vangelus, Kalelprime, and Optibotimus.

ive seen some other peoples reviews too if im just looking for one for a random figure, but they're the main guys for me i suppose?

6. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Peaugh is consistent. If a toy's been released, he probably has a review of it, and usually does a great job of showing off all the features. That said, he could stand to do with a little more production. I don't mean he needs to get fancy in the post-production like Vangelus, but his whole setup is a little blah and isn't always the most attractive way to show off the figures. He also tends to like almost everything. I don't care for reviewers going off on rants about figures in an attempt to be funny, but Peaugh can never seem to bring himself to say so when something flat out sucks.
    But he is the best. He reviews everything, he is a complete review resource unto himself. My quibbles with his work are a testament to how much of it I've viewed.

Vangelus, however, is the most entertaining. He gets super in-depth, usually with expensive stuff. He has the most consistently high-quality videos, production-wise. He is the most enjoyable to watch. My only complaint is that I think the subtitle jokes are usually pretty weak and distract from the content, he'd be funnier without them.

T2rx6 also tends to get super in-depth with reviews, and it tends to be expensive or hard to find or generally off-the-wall stuff. He also tends to do lots of size comparisons with stuff from various lines which I always appreciate. He's not afraid to let a review go 22 minutes if he has 22 minutes worth of stuff to say.

I tend not to like reviewers who begin every single video with the words "what's up?" This isn't a jab at anyone in particular- a ton of people do it. I can't explain it, it just drives me nuts.

I also generally don't like when the reviewer appears on camera. Chiefly because so few of them are attractive. They always just stare at the camera while they blab and don't show off the figure. I can only think of one guy who pulls the talking-head style off pretty well, that's collector75. He sticks the figure right up close to the camera lens. Most people sit too far back and it winds up you're just watching some fat guy fumble with a toy.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Vangelus is my number 1 reviewer, he reviews almost all the stuff i am into

TJOmega is a close second

then in order: Peaugh, Optibotimus, Emgo, Seth buzzard when he reviews stuff, Thew, Kalelprime

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    What up, Transformers fans?

Kidding. Peaugh for life. :p 

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

1.Peaugh
    2.Thew
    3.Vangulus
    4.TJOmega
    5.Optibotimus

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I can't believe I used to WATCH that guy :sly: . But that was when I was younger and more stupid...

11. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not too sure how to feel about this. I'm a fat guy who fumbles with toys.

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    My favorite reviewers are Vangelus, Peaugh, Emgo, and Thew. Sometimes I watch Optibotimus's reviews, but occasionly.

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Peaugh.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hands down it would be Peaugh,he sure does great reviews.But like one poster said Optibotimus is my second choice as he is Freakin Hilarious.Those are bout the only two I look at mostly.

15. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Yeah! WTF! Me too!

Mandyseven does some funny reviews. I watch em all really. Everyone brings something different to the table.

16. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Thew/Barutazaru and Peaugh, though I'll watch others if they get a toy I'm looking forward to first.

I like peaughs reviews because he's calm, thorough and methodical. Plus, he tends to get shit first ;) 

When Thew releases a video, however it's a case of "STOP EVERYTHING, MAKE A CUP OF TEA AND WATCH THE SH*T OUT OF THEW". I'll watch any review he does. He doesn't get the bang up to date figures, but I think that works in his favour as he doesn't need to rush a video out to be the first.

Remember that guy/kid who first reviewed DotM Skids? Not so much a review, more an exercise in saying "oh my god... I'm the first to review this guy.. oh my god..."

Bad review.

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Who was that?

18. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Peaugh... When he was straight to the point, didn't take 6 minutes to start the transformation and didn't try to be quirky. He's still my go to for reviews but I end up spewing profanities aloud during some of his reviews

Vangelus is my absolutely favorite though. Whenever he has a new review I watch it the second I can. Even non TF related reviews, it's the first thing I watch

Not much of an Optibotimus fan anymore since the DotM Skids/Mudflap review. I will watch a review of his to get another opinion of a figure I'm itching to get my hands on

I watch Robotadventures now and then. Not as much as I used to as he's Gundam video crazy lately

Baltmatrix once in awhile for another opinion

Runescape228 has been a frequent one for me lately. He's very thorough and to the point. His Beast Wars reviews are top notch

Edit!:

Forgot to mention Dr.Prime. He's always straight to the point and thorough, but doesn't have overly long videos. Also he's a class act and great to trade/buy/sell with

19. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Seanlong. Ugh

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Yeah,I'm a little embarrassed...I have realized in the past 2 years that he's shit though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.