Who is your favorite combiner limb?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UltraMarcus28, Jul 25, 2010.

1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I'm the biggest fan of Swindle, but also like Dead End. The decepticons have the better combiner limbs. In fact, they just have the better characters period.

2. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Tonight, on "My Favourite Limb"

Aerialbots: Skydive. He's brilliant, incredibly skilled, the best flier the Autobots have, and he'd rather be reading up on aerodynamics and history than fighting, but he's so damn good.

Combaticons: Swindle. I mean come on, it's Swindle! Loaded with personality.
    Just look: [​IMG]

Stunticons: Dead End. There is something hysterical yet awesome about a nihilistic fatalist who preens and primps. His deadpan dialogue never hurts, either.

Protectobots: Blades. He's the "ironic" member of the team, a vicious, brutal streetfighter who will CUT you. I love the dysfunctional Autobots, the ones everyone else is sort of concerned about.

Terrorcons: Rippersnapper. First, walking sharks are cool. Also, in the Marvel comics, he showed a real hatred and repulsion for fleshlings. He really tore things up on Nebulos.

Technobots: Lightspeed. I like the dichotomy in him. He seems like he's got it made, yet his real dream eludes him and he's too much of a stand-up bot to make a thing out of it in the middle of a war.

Seacons: Overbite. See above? Walking sharks. Cool. Also, in the Marvel comics, he developed creepy habits like sinking ships and attacking the drowning humans.

Constructicons: Scrapper. He's the boss, and his absolutely abhorrent "hobby" makes it clear that he's a brilliant architect and a total sicko. And yet he's always so civil with the other Constructicons.

Predacons: Divebomb. No doubt. Much of my love for this character comes from the awesome backstory he has with the Dinobot, Swoop, again in the Marvel comics. He fights his own battles, loves a challenge, likes to live well, and is just so damn upbeat all the time.

- Coeloptera

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Aerialbots:Silverbolt-He is have a fear of highs.
    Protectobots:Groove-He is the first ever Cop Hippy.
    Technobots:Shattorshot-The first one that transform into a Jet.
    Construticons:Scrapper-He is Grimmy's Rival.
    Predacons:Razorclaw-He is like a Decepticon Lion version of Grimlock.
    Combaticons:Swindle-He is just like greed,but sells you stuff.
    Terrorcons:Hun-Grr -He is so scary.
    Seacons:Snaptrap-Who want a turtle to leaded a army of sea animals.

4. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

limb? the only one I can say has really gotten exceptional characterization in the media is Swindle

5. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Aerialbots: Silverbolt. I love the idea of him being afraid of heights.

Combaticons: Here I'd say Swindle, but I have a special attachment to Brawl, as he was my second Transformer.

Stunticons: Breakdown. I just love that he's so stressed that he causes himself mechanical failures. Motormaster cuts it close, though.

Protectobots: Hot Spot. I like his go-to attitude.

Terrorcons: Blot. Very disgusting and very funny.

Technobots: Lightspeed. I feel bad for the guy.

Seacons: Overbite. As someone said, he's a walking shark. Come. On.

Constructicons: Hook, the perfectionist. Reminds me of myself, plus some douchebag thrown in there.

Predacons: Rampage. It's funny that he's so easily distracted by television.

6. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Counting limbs only - arms and legs, no "bodies/group leaders":

Aerialbots: Never liked any of them actually. They were just planes with robots hanging underneath.

Combaticons: Brawl

Stunticons: Breakdown

Protectobots: Groove

Terrorcons: Rippersnapper

Technobots: Afterburner

Seacons: Seawing

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Aerialbots - honestly, never paid attention to them

Stunticons - they're all pretty amusing. Dead End has the best colors, at least

Combaticons - yes, Swindle has the most personality, so for the sake of not being obvious, I'll pick Brawl

Protectobots - for a while, I didn't know anything about them (like the Aerialbots. Really, I don't care about Autobot combiners, and I'm gonna end up skipping the Technobots too), but after reading Blades' Universe tech spec, I decided he's pretty awesome

Terrorcons - this is my favorite team, so it's hard to choose. As far as toys go, all of them look cool in bot mode... ya got a walking shark, a Cerberus, whatever Blot is.... Sinnertwin definitely has the coolest name, though.

Technobots - like I said, I dunno em

Seacons - I like these guys nearly as much as I like the Terrorcons, so again it's hard to choose as they all have awesome beast modes. Skalor might be the one I think looks coolest, though

8. Pac_tim

Pac_tim Urban Achiever

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are several ways that these guys can be picked (who got the most attention/characterization in the cartoon/comics, who looks the coolest, ect.) I have to go with the first guy I got from each group when I was a kid, because why wouldn't you get the one that was your favorite first when all of them are sitting on the rack in the store?

Constructicons - Scavenger

Aeriallbots - Slingshot (I suppose that's because the only other one that had any personality was Silverbolt, and he was a wuss)

Stunticons - Dragstrip

Protectobots - Groove

Terrorcons - Sinnertwin

Technobots - Scattershot

Seacons - Meh. Got them all at once when I was older. None stand out.

EDIT: I forgot the Predacons - Tantrum

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Overall? Gotta be SWINDLE. Nuff said. Though I've always liked BLAST OFF too for some reason. Guess who pre-ordered the FP Munitioner/Explorer sets? ;) 

But by team?

Aerialbots
    SKYDIVE because he's underrated. 2nd SLINGSHOT because he overrates himself. Overall though, Aerialbots never really grabbed me.

Stunticons
    I care little for this team, though it would have to be BREAKDOWN because of his paranoiac ways.

Protectobots
    BLADES, because of his incongruous Go Nagai-style psychotic hot-bloodedness.

Constructicons
    I'd like to say Scavenger for his pathos, but it's gotta be SCRAPPER. I have a thing for twisted artistes. Buzzsaw is my favourite cassette.

Terrorcons
    Another team I don't like much. BLOT is the most distinct, though he's a terrible design. Rippersnapper takes 2nd because, as Coleo pointed out... he's a walking shark. :) 

Technobots
    Strafe's neurotic nervousness is fun, but I like AFTERBURNER just because he's such an unmitigated a$$hole. He's as Slag to the Dinobots. Plus I kind of dig his weird in-line wheeled vehicle mode (NOT a motorcycle!!)

Predacons
    RAZORCLAW if I could. Otherwise DIVEBOMB. I like the fact that he hates the other Predacons. Also, in terms of personality, I find it interesting that he is essentially identical to Swoop.

Seacons?
    Who cares?

zmog

10. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

Constructicons: Bonecrusher (left hands finish the job!)

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    :tumbleweed: 

12. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aerialbots=Skydive
    Combaticons=Swindle
    Stunticons=Drag Strip
    Protectobots=Groove