Who is your favorite combiner limb?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UltraMarcus28, Jul 25, 2010.

1. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    So this is my 200th post and I wanted to put up a poll of sorts. For each of the Generation One Scramble City combiners who is your favorite limb? Mine are:

Aerialbots: Slingshot ftw. I always liked his nose area I'm not sure why :) 

Combaticons: Blast off. How can you not like a blooming Spaceship?

Stunticons: Dead End. I love his stripe and the character gives him major bonus points. We're doomed...

Protectobots: See here I'm kind of indifferent but if I must pick one, it's First Aid.

Terrorcons: Im a sinner twin kind of guy.

Technobots: My first thought was to say Lightspeed...but c'mon Strafe is just so original!

Seacons: Well I'm going to be a newb and say Overbite. He's a walking shark. I know you think the same.

So now that you know mine, please tell me yours. See ya.

2. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Through the abuse of copy and paste, I shall answer you query:

Aerialbots: None of them, really. None of them really stand out to me.

Combaticons: Swindle. He's got the most personality. You've got angry guy, elitist douche and crazy jerk and then there's the slimy money hungry smooth talker.

Stunticons: Breakdown. One of the few overly paranoid characters to be kinda right, given that the Autobots wanna kill him cuz he's a Con and the Cons are backstabbing loonies, so technically everyone is out to get him. In a way.

Protectobots: First Aid too. Dunno why, though.

Terrorcons: Blot. The other three are just different variations on "violent psycho". Blot? Cybertron's Biggest Slob.

Technobots: I don't know why you say Strafe is original, he's just Nerd!Blades to me. I choose Lightspeed, the adorable dreamer with an energon allergy.

Seacons: I say Nautilator. He's proto-Waspinator, the incredible klutz that everyone wonders why he hasn't been shot by Megatron/Galvatron yet for his incompetence.

Constructicons (YOU MISSED THEM): Scavenger, the work experience newb. What a bundle of nerves.

Predacons (YOU ALSO MISSED THESE GUYS): Rampage. The TV fiend! It's the only thing that holds his attention. I find that hilarious.

Yeah, I'm done.

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I'm not going to do it group by group because a lot of them don't stand out. Swindle and First Aid are where it's at.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Aerialbots: Air Raid
    Combaticons: Blast Off
    Stunticons: Wildrider
    Protectobots: Streetwise
    Terrorcons: Sinner Twin
    Technobots: Strafe
    Seacons: Overbite
    Constructicons: Scrapper
    Predacons: Rampage

5. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Great question, OP.

I'll say...

Aerialbots - Yes, Slingshot, he was the only one to really get some character development on the show, all that righteous anger and gung-ho attitude with a NY accent? TF's own Bruce Willis.

Protectobots - Groove, mainly out of a love of CHiPs, and not enough bike-formers in '80s TFs.

Constructicons - Mixmaster, I like cement trucks and having a truck cab as the foot of Devastator always gave it a sense of (imposing) scale.

Stunticons - again, Dead End. A depressed narcissist? Awww, lickle emo sportscar.

Combaticons - again, Swindle. Most character development in the show (and only expanded by TFA). The idea of having a mercenary arms dealer slid in to a kids' show is greatly irresponsible and irresponsibly great.

Couldn't really tell you about the others, though, but I'll vote for Rampage as I didn't know about the quirk that only TV can hold his attention.

6. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

Aerialbots: Fireflight - He's a daydreamer and a crazy pilot. I can relate to him.
    Combaticons: Brawl - Somehow I just love how angry and over the top he is.
    Stunticons: Breakdown - Paranoia is such a bizarre character trait. I love it.
    Protectobots: Blades - A combat hungry Autobot who chops Decepticons into little pieces? Sign me up.
    Terrorcons: Hun-Grrr - His need to feed gives him the will to survive! His ice-cream dispenser mode is great too.
    Technobots: Nosecone - I love the drill tank mode.
    Seacons: Snaptrap - A violent turtle. This is cool.
    Constructicons: Scrapper - I don't have any real reason for liking him.
    Predacons: Tantrum - A very angry cow. I am amused.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Whoever is Devastator's balls.

8. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Not much of a limb person... I believe IMHO that once they merge
    it is the combiner that counts, not one or two pieces that count but I see
    where you are going at with this. But when separated:

Stunticons: Dragstrip - man he is awesome.
    Protectobots: First Aid - That compassionate autobot is a fantastic character.
    Constructicons: Hook. He is one of my favorite from all 6.
    Combaticons: Brawl & Swindle - can't choose between the two. Both great characters.
    Arielbots Silverbolt - His fear of heights does make him a great leader.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  9. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's see...

Protectobots: First Aid - I like how he looks so alien but is still completely compassionate, even moreso than Ratchet.
    Predacons: Divebomb - he's a cool design, adds Predaking's most distinct design feature and has a cool backstory with Swoop.

Other than that, I don't care much for the limbs and most of them are quite forgettable. However, I'm a huge fan of Hot Spot, Hun-Grrr, Scattershot, Silverbolt, Razorclaw and Snap Trap... that is, most of the leaders. Mostly because I owned most of them back then.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Mach. Nubby Space-shuttle for much win.

11. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Sling Shot, First Aid, and Swindle were the only 'limb' characters to have any real time devoted to them. Out of all of them Swindle was my favorite - he was a character that seemed to stand on his own apart from any of the combiners. This is why I believe he worked so fantasticly as a character in TF Animated.

12. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    scramble city! lol but yeah im liking the answers

13. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aerialbots: Fireflight
    Combaticons: swindle how could it be any other
    Stunticons: Breakdown always loved the colours and the chest design
    Protectobots: Blades because he was badass in g2
    Terrorcons: cut-throat dude has an awesome name and colour scheme
    Technobots: Nosecone cos of is foppishness
    Seacons: Nautilator
    Constructicons: Scrapper
    Predacons: Divebomb cos of the swoop name story in the comics and fight or flee

14. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Aerialbots: Air Raid. Just love his daredevil nature. Was psyched to play him in WFC. Love his G1 toon model.

Combaticons: Brawl. Have the oversized Combaticons. The deluxe sixe really suits him. Not normally into the thugs, why I hate Blitzwing, but Brawls' motto"I was built to be wild", just gets me.

Stunticons: Dragstrip or Breakdown. Dragstrip was my first combiner limb but Breakdown makes me feel sorry for him. Would love to see G1 Sideswipe repainted as him.

Protectobots: Streetwise or Blades. Love their depictions in Dreamwave. Lousy toys though.

Terrorcons: Sinnertwin

Technobots: Afterburner. Just like angry characters. Found him funny in Money is Everything. Coolest motorcycle in sci-fi.

Seacons: Seawing

Constructicons: Hook or Scavenger. Strangely I like both the snob and the underdog.

Pretender Monsters: Slog or Icepick. Neither are completely evil and do question the harm to innocents.

Liokaiser: Leozack

Road Caeser: Gripper. Loved him in Masterforce.

Technically, Hook, Leozack and Gripper/Blacker aren't limbs but they're still my favourites from said teams.

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now are we talking Characters or what the actual limbs look like?

16. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    well i did a combination of both just whoever i like the most in all facets

17. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

Combaticons: Brawl.
    Stunticons: Wildrider.
    Constructicons: Hook.

Those are pretty much the only three I can answer really. Not too fond of any of the Autobot combiners, and haven't seen the Predacons/Terrorcons or anyone else in action.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Constructicons: Mixmaster, just because he's a cool, mad scientist of sorts. I always had a heart for Long Haul too; he's kinda like the Decepticon Gears :lol  I always thought Scrapper was a cool leader, and Hook is just cold. :ev: 
    Aerialbots: Silverbolt - I've always enjoyed the irony of him being the leader, but the fact that he has to overcome his acrophobia to succeed.
    Combaticons: Onslaught - He's tough, but he's got a lot going on upstairs.
    Stunticons: Sorry, I'm not picking just one as they are my favorite merge group.
    Protectobots: I love First Aid's character, but I have a fondness for police cars, so Streetwise is a close second.
    Predacons: Razorclaw - he's just cool and ruthless, yet honorable to his foes.
    Terrorcons: I've always had a fondness for Blot that I can't quite put my finger on.
    Technobots: Lightspeed and Afterburner really are a tie for me just because they're fast and cool.
    Seacons and the Monstructor: Honestly, I just haven't given them too much thought individually enough to pick a favorite. I just recently completed my G1 [vintage] Seacon set, so I've not had a lot of time to reflect on them. Monstructor is so small toywise that it's hard to see them as individuals, and I don't tinker with mine a lot either.

19. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Tough one! hard to choose.

Aerialbots: Has to be Sky-dive. I just loved his alt-mode
    Combaticons: Blast Off - I loved how uppity he was. Plus he was sinister looking. Can't wait for the fansproject kit!
    Stunticons: dead end was funny! in a gloom ridden sort of way
    Protectobots: draw between blades and first aid. one a violent scrapper, the other a non-violent medic. Glorious!
    Terrorcons: Blot - his alt mode is great.
    Technobots: Nosecone
    Seacons: Tentakil - just for how dumb he looks.
    Constructicons: Hook!
    Predacons: Divebomb. As nemisispringer pointed out, he had a great backstory with swoop. And his figure is awesome.
    Pretender Monsters - Slog. Great name, squat figure and awesome background story.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Aerialbots- Fireflight- Maybe because he's the daydreamer type.

Constructicons- Mixmaster- I have a thing for cement trucks.

Stunticons- Breakdown- Because he's paranoid and pyschotic.

Protectobots-Blades - He's a friggin Pyschopath.

Combaticons- Onslaught- I like Swindle also but Onsalught is Badass.

Predacons- Razorclaw- I think of him as the Kraven of Transformers

Computron- Strafe- Becuase he's not a jerk or a braggart or emo.

Terrorcons- Blot- I just love his name.

Seacons- Naultilator- Poor guy never got released in a G1 Box set and cause he's a Lobster.