Who is Autobot 2nd in command in season 1 and 2?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Sep 24, 2011.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    isnt ultra magnus primes "brother"? perhaps he was feeling sentimental in the time of his death?

also, why couldnt Elita-1 have been a candiate? she too was upgraded by alpha trion right? and her systems are similar to that of optimus so much so only optimus could donate parts to fix her.
    whats her rank? why couldnt she become supreme commander?

2. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think of Jazz and Prowl as being co-second-in-commands.

3. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

I always thought it came down to Prowl, Jazz and Ironhide. Each in charge of his own division but second-in-command as a type of triumvirate to Optimus Prime (who himself probably answered to Autobot council/Alpha Trion/whoever).

The cartoon wouldn't have really emphasized this though because Hasbro probably assumed rank structure past the basic "single leader and his followers" formula would be confusing to kids. It also ended up not being that important overall to the content of any of the episodes anyway (except for Starscream's challenges for Megatron's rank). For this reason, I personally have never looked to the cartoon to ever answer that question, but to actual evidence presented by other sources like the comics and tech specs on the characters.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Jazz was the one who gave orders while Prowl was more of the security.

Ironhide seemed more like a advisor.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I think it had to do with Soundwave not wanting it more than Starscream claiming he was.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

depends on continuity

7. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I've always thought Ironhide was. Jazz was number two. Then again maybe the held the same rank.

8. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya...i've heard it's was Jazz too.
    But were'd did it say he was second in rank?
    the toy bio said "indispensable right-hand man" But seeing how that bio says 'Special Ops' I just figured that ment he was a solider; so skilled he reported right to O.Prime.
    And I think Prowl has a higher rank...could be wrong.

Side note: People keep saying Ironhide...and...that's wrong...but...i totally understand that! So what if on paper it says someone else was second. Ironhide was the one that was always there, filling in that spot. I mean look at Tunderwing. Says he's a rank6, does anything think of thunderwing as a rank6? He got all the panel/screen time and that IS all that matters.

9. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, but "in season 1 and 2" i think means G1

10. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Ironhide was Prime's bodyguard, he even took a blast for him in Transport to oblivion. That's why he was always with Prime. Prime may not have liked it because he can take care of himself, but he accepted Ironhide's role. This is evidenced by the fact that Ironhide was almost never sent out on "patrol", insuring that he was constantly at Prime's side.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always thought she was a commander, but as she was left on Cybertron her role of commander was quite similar to that of Shockwave, commander of faction members remaining on the planet, which (apparently) for the Autobots were all females—didn't Elita-1 stay in command until her death; I recall her dying saving Optimus from a vat of Energon or something by using her time stopping ability for too long?

12. Louk

Louk Well-Known Member

I always thought the same, but each was in command of something specific. Optimus was in overall command, Prowl was the main strategist, Ironhide was senior unenlisted officer, in charge of the grunts, with Hound and Inferno acting as sergents; Jazz was in charge of special Ops, Mirage, Smokescreen, the scouts(Beachcomber, Bee, etc), the flyers, and Seaspray. Red Alert, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Grapple and Hoist are their own science devision, engineering and medical, under Prowl's guidance.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

you need to follow the post I was replying too.

grunge asked the question..."isnt ultra magnus primes "brother""?

the answer was "it depends on continuity"

14. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    yes in fact she nearly did, but becuase they shared similar systems alpha trion was able save her. so she's still alive ... somewhere ... but aside from Acree no female autobots seemed to exsist after the movie. it was sucha shame too, i would have liked to see some more of them. now tat i think about it they were all cybertronian el caminos .... hm ... in any case, she was rebuilt a female hero to compliment optimus, so if anything i think she'd have made a good choice as well ... (maybe they broke up?)

ah. well if thats the case, then i say that perhaps he gave to the most suitable soldier in hopes that they could carry on in his steed, since he as a data clerk on some loading dock wasnt able to finish the mission. perhaps, the more militant approuch is the way to go?

15. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

There was no second in command in the first and second series of teh G1 show.

In the comics' chain of command Jazz and Prowl were joint second in command with Mirage (chief intel) and Jetfire (aerospace commander) answering directly to Prime.

16. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

In what comic was Mirage entrusted to be anything? Along with former Decepticon Jetfire as a commander?

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

In the US comic, they never treated Jetfire as a "former decepticon". meaning it was never really brought up.And he was among the high ranking Autobots that chose the new leader when Optimue died.

In the UK comic, Jetfire acted as temp leader when Optimus was losi to limbo due to time travelers.

18. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really like the trio of Ironhide, Jazz, and Prowl as sharing the 2nd in command position. All good guys in cartoons love sharing, right?

Like someone else said, i think the Matrix was passed to Ultra Magnus instead of any of the three because they were in his jurisdiction (Autobot City). Also he had a big new toy that was basically a white Optimus Prime!

19. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Prime could of passed The Matrix to anybody, it still wouldn't change the fact that Hot Rod was the chosen one, and Hasbro having Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime in the Movie, meaning a newer toy on the shelf, it's all about buisness

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Paradron Medics would love to have a word with you