Who is a TRUE Decepticon Fan

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megatronus the Fallen, Oct 17, 2016.

?

Do you LOVE or HATE Decepticons

1. YEAH! I f****ing LOVE Decepticons!

80.0%
  2. NAH! I f****ing HATE Decepticons!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh.

20.0%
  1. LastDecepticon

LastDecepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well i only have 2 Autobots in all my collection. 1 is pretenders bumblebees and micro masters countdown. Sow Yeah im a Decepticon man my self. And alot of predacons and no maximals. The just don't look has cool to me. But im more of a bad guy dude. Y mostly have cobras and 2 joes. All hail lord Megatron. Cobraaaaaa.

2. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Honestly, I prefer Autobots. While I do love a good villain, I always find myself more inspired and in awe of a good hero. However, I did say I love a good villain, and with a franchise that has the likes of Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Swindle, Bruticus, Devastator, Galvatron, Lockdown, Scorponok, and Overlord opposing our heroes, well, we definitely have no shortage of awesome baddies. While I prefer the background for the Decepticons in the IDW comics, Transformers: Prime has the best Decepticons (and Predacons) to me. Like the Autobots, they all have their own distinct personality, and all have enough time devoted to their characters to be likable and interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  3. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I'm going waaaaay back to the ATT days with this, but I'd like to see Raksha's response :D 
    For you young'uns, she was the original uber-Decepticon fan.

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Of course I love Decepticons. Without them, we'd just have Wheeljack's mad creations to contend with.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Now that's a name I haven't heard in a very long time.

I even remember visiting her website at some point as that was around the time I got back into Transformers.

6. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    I chose meh only because while there's Decepticons I absolutely love (I mean my member title says it all), there's also others I'm not too fond of. Same goes for the Autobots as well, for me it just pretty much depends on the character and whether or not I end up liking them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Yeah, I F***ING LOVE the Decepticons. Villains are always the best. They get cooler designs, and the 'Cons specifically get cooler vehicles modes, and tend to get better character dynamics. The constant in-fighting among the 'Cons is one of the best parts of TF, when done right. It's such a pity that many modern incarnations of the faction do them such a disservice.

• Like Like x 2
  8. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Fiction allows us to get vicarious pleasure from "rooting for the villains" and that's what most of us do, but if you transpose out to real World analogies then no, I don't "love" the Space Nazis.

They are the necessary corollary to having admirable Heroes in any story but all this Anti-Hero stuff to justify why you "like" a Being leading a Force that has murdered millions/billions of Sentients - the majority of those numbers can't have had anything to do with "tearing down a corrupt system" - is after the fact rehab because the Guy looks cool.

IDW have done a fine job World-building the current view of Megatron and his Henchbots as coming from a sound moral start, but they've done just as good a job of highlighting His crimes, and they are crimes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Dutch Cybertronian

The Dutch Cybertronian Derp

Decepticons forever! >:3

10. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I don't root for them, but they sure as hell are entertaining. I love Decepticons. They get the coolest designs, the coolest vehicle modes and I am always enthralled by a good villain. They can be menacing, but when they show character is when they really shine.

11. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Very well then, Autobot. Then expect nothing but you and your Autobots' utter destruction. Lol jk.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kataquan

Kataquan Transform and Rise Up!

I really love the Decepticons when they're portrayed with shades of grey, as morally questionable people fighting for what they see as the greater good. The whole cartoonish nazi, baby eating villians you see in G1, the movies, or Prime really bore me

• Like Like x 1
  13. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always been more for the Autobots, myself.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    All hail Megatron! :rock 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Being a Decepticon in Prime doesn't always mean you'll always be some baby-eating bastard, although it is undeniably common. There's Dreadwing and to a lesser extent Knockout.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not all Decepticons are "baby eating villains". Some Decepticons have codes of honor. They all vary in personality.

17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I love both, but I love the cons a wee bit more. This is evidenced by my bots being outnumbered by the toys I have and the ones still on my wishlist.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    i forgot to mention & need to emphasize now other posters, particularly Kataquan, mentioned it.

although the Decepticons are teeming with species/race supremacists, lots more of them chose the Decepticon side as they just wanted to see a Cybertron that is brought back to its glory, without the government corruption and with the caste system eliminated. I guess that's what i meant when i mentioned that the Decepticons paved the way for all of that so in that regard, the civil war was an unnecessary evil that had to be fought to give way to these.

like Kataquan, i'd be more interested in Decepticon character portrayals/stories where most of them are not goofy monsters, but lots more are morally questionable/imperfect/ambiguous individuals whose goal was to fight for Cybertron's greater good, particularly Cybertronians who wanted to see their home world's glory and greatness be restored, eliminating the caste system, and making all Cybertronians equal again under the law despite their birth and eliminating the corruption that started to fester in high places. they simply saw Megatron was the one who would be the best to do this job and chose him as their leader.

I just believe that the Decepticons are individuals who are proud of Cybertron, proud of their species, and were let down by what ultimately it has become. remember, Cybertronians are an advanced race of shape-shifting bio-mechanical life forms that at one point in their history developed a network of space bridges and had contact with various species and races throughout the universe, and they eventually rotted from within because of the corruption.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well the baby eating was only Skullcruncher, a bit unfair to take it out on all of them :p 
    I agree though: a less black/white portrayal of the faction as a whole could make Hasbro support better characterisation and more focus on decepticons, in theory.
    In practice, looking at IDW the result is that the Autobots get to be the heroes, the victors AND the big well characterised threats while the Decepticons who do get to be big threats are the ones who are still portrayed as cartoon nazi's and as a consequence IDW's writers feel they have to be eliminated before to long by the heroes (except arguably the guys they turned into an incompetent king and a very flawed redemption arc because Hasbro is affraid to kill them of) or (for the most part) very interesting and entertaining comic characters who get "portrayed" as slightly incompetent guys who theoretically couldnt hold their own against a turbofox or cartoon nazi's who get "portrayed" as completely incompetent guys who couldnt hold their own against a turbofox or more defined guys who have a much shorter and less flawed redemption arc wich makes them into tragic characters who as a consequence the writers feel they have to kill of in a "meaningfull" manner before to long in a story involving a battle against mutated turbofoxes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Also, i dont think anybody has asked this but what do you have to do to be a TRUE Decepticon fan ? :inquisiti