Who else totally sucks at organization?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Aimless Misfire, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Wanna see a huge mess? I just bought all these shelves but I still can't organize my collection. And my custom work space is always total chaos. Any tips on how to get better at organization???

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: o_O 

P1010001.JPG P1010002.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010004.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010007.JPG P1010008.JPG P1010009.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010011.JPG P1010012.JPG P1010013.JPG P1010014.JPG P1010015.JPG P1010016.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010018.JPG P1010019.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    To much stuff that is boxed in a to small collection room.

Either open stuff upp or live with it. Not much to do.

• Like Like x 3
  3. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube (Custom URL):
    My shelves are packed to overflowing with loose figures, so I'm not going to be much help.

4. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

News Credits:
    All mine are loose in about 12 storage tubs in the basement. Never got around to building the shelves I had planned when we bought the house 11 years ago. :stick: 

• Like Like x 4
  5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Just a few things off the top of my head.
    1) Get rid of any boxes/packaging material you don't want or need anymore (I'll gladly take any G1 boxes off your hands :) ).
    2) For those boxes you do want to keep, play around with them on the shelves, to optimize and fill the space (in all 3-dimensions). Something as simple as say stacking the studio series boxes vertically, until it hits the bottom of the next shelf, would open up space for more boxes/figures.
    3) Get additional shelves for your book cases. I see several where there's tons of empty space between the figures and the next shelf.
    4) Clean as you go. When you're finished customizing a part or you're waiting for paint to cure, clean up and organize the space around it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Phase 1: Lose the cats
    Phase 2: ???
    Phase 3: Profit

• Like Like x 2
  7. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

Honestly, looking at those pictures the first thing that comes to my mind is "how in the world does he have some many figures in open display spaces without those cats plowing through them on a regular basis." If I didn't have mine in cases with glass doors, I have no doubt that many of my Transformers would be in pieces by now.

I'm pretty new at collecting and quite a disorganized person myself, so I don't have any advice to offer, especially not for a collection that size.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, the bookcases aren't even started yet. I need to take everything off them & then set them up properly. I just kind of threw whatever wherever for now. I'm going to organize them by series.

Yeah, the room is too small.

...the hell for??? :confused:  My cats don't mess with anything. They're not really interested in anything except food, laser pointers, looking out the window & laying around being lazy. :)  And they're the only family I have.

I used to have a ton. I sold them all & only kept Jetfire, Skywarp, Whirl & Roadbuster. I'm kicking myself for selling Darkwing, Dreadwind & the 6 Decepticon Pretenders.:( 

9. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    because they're cats? Oh i get it.....if theyre holding you @ knife point, blink twice for help!

• Like Like x 1
  10. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I get rid of all my boxes. I have less space than you do and trying to fit boxes in the area would destroy my mind. For the few instances where I want to keep a box, mainly rare or collectible figures I think I might sell someday, they go in a bag in my attic. If you actually keep toys in those boxes, though, I don't know what to tell you.

11. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    CATS RULE!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

I think youre doing alright. There comes a point where our figures outgrow our space....and then decisions need to be made.....I started saving packaging in combiners wars, at least BOXES, for the character art on the side. I havent done anything with them all yet besides put the boxes.....er....in boxes. Im starting to rethink holding onto those.....or just cutting them up and getting the art I wanted to keep off the sides. I always thought they would be a great background to a display.

13. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

1: More cats. Much more cats. All of the cats. But don't let them have space to walk behind figures.
    2: No UT or anniversary Unicron to go with your two Primus?
    3: Profit.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Get rid of the boxes. Sell any Transformers you are not as interested in any longer. There comes a point in time where you don't even realize what you have.

My philosophy is that if I can't display it in a nice, clean, clear display it's not worth collecting. I'm going through that phase now. There are a few Ninjago Lego sets like the boat that I no longer have any interest in. Same with the large Lego SW buildable figures.

15. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    It's prob more tidy than mine....

17. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    I sold a large chunk of my collection a few years ago when my father died & It's the biggest regret I have. My new rule is NEVER sell my Transformers. Except for a few duplicates I have because I was planning to do some customs but Black Mamba is releasing oversized versions so I don't need the smaller Hasbro versions anymore.

lol sweet!

I like the way you think & totally agree!:thumbs2: 

I had Armada, Energon black & 2010. I sold them all. Now I want the Platinum Edition, eventually.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

Hey, I think it looks good. The benefit of messy shelves is you discover bots that go well together despite being from wildly different lines, and you end up with unexpected scenes. Like Ruination here, arriving late to what looks like it was a fantastic party:
    5A4406E0-B40C-4A00-9BCE-E31B1668E7BC.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  19. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    If I took pictures of my collection area, I'd be laughed at and people would shake their heads. I have ZERO organization at the moment. Half full to empty shelves were I sold some older stuff and items in bins on the floor and sitting on the spare bed. Granted I started this project about 3 years ago before some medical problems sidelined me. But I've started back at it. Just got to take it slow.

20. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus aka Biggerer Convoy

Looks organized to me. You just need more room. Since collection real estate is sparse i'd suggest selling parts of your collection or buying a larger home. Use your best judgment.

Xoxo