Who else thinks the Japanese TFs are...weird?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staples009

staples009 New Member

i think they are weird.. dude sometimes i cant understand them. people should just sell english ones or something lol.

2. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

just my thoughts on the matter when it comes to masterforce

over the years when it comes to the whole theme of the series when it comes to the very idea of humans becoming transformers and transformers literally passing for humans

on a certain level i believe that one could look at the series as being one that explores the hidden untapped power of the human spirit when it comes to the drive to survive against any odds at any cost and ultimately its ability to grant that living person the chance to pull of a miracle of sorts when it comes to said person as a living being coming to possess that ability at times under a unique set of circumstances

a case of the spirit being willing though the flesh be weak so to speak

from what i've seen of that scenario when it comes to anime more often then not when the living person learns that they possess that ability to their spiritual being when they are eventually forced to use it in the name of the greater good that person either dies with their immediate death being the resulting aftereffect of that person pulling of said miracle at the cost of their own spiritual lifeforce or the person simply dies some short while after the act due to the lethal injurys that person gained to their person in the time leading up to that person commiitting that final act in their life

i apoligise in advance if i was not able to explain and properly word that bit right

anyways that's what i see as being one of a number of possible themes one could see in that series

3. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Japanese Transformers inferior. North American Transformers superior?

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    And yet I still cannot think of a single character from US Transfromers that I found to be more endearing or funny than RiD's Sky-Byte

5. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'd have to know what a Sky-Byte is in the first place. :wink: 

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
  7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Baby steps, as opposed to, say...creepy, stalkerish, menacing steps towards young children? :lol 

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    i would have preferred the japanese headmasters to have been dubbed with the voices and music from rebirth than rebirth being created. that would have made it more fun to watch.

9. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    The shows aren't as good because they were aimed at younger kids than the US shows. Most of the exclusive toys they got are really cool, though, IMHO. It's a shame Hasbro didn't bring over more of them.

10. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like dinoforce from tf victory

11. Maniaxe

Maniaxe Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say "bad" really, but it seemed to me that all the Autobots outside the supreme commander were horribly bland and generic, especially true for Victory. Star Saber was kind of a corny old time hero but he had a cool transformation scene, though it became horribly overdone eventually, but most of the other Brainmasters...I couldn't even begin to tell you anything about them at all, they don't stand out at all, despite being "elite" warriors. I feel the same about Headmasters.

Masterforce had characters that stood out well, and was well written, though Masterforce was one of the series where the Decepticons were more entertaining (like the post above I LOVE the Dinosaur force), though it also began the trend of them becoming unthreatening numbskulls.

I loved Zone, even if it was only one episode, as it brought back and actual Cybertronian to become Supreme commander, Dai Atlas was not a small little robot micromaster attaching himself to a huge body, he was a real cybertronian transformer, I was starting to wonder if those were around anymore.

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

[​IMG]

As has been said, the Japanese shows were... Japanese. If you like that sort of thing, great. It doesn't generally work for me, but different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

13. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    KISS Players is one of the creepiest premises to ever grace a kids cartoon IMHO.

14. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Too anime. Too many swords. Too samari. Robot faces are too human rather than being robotic. Totally unrealistic transformations.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just like the American G1 Show?

16. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I disliked Daniel and Wheely in Headmasters, the kids in Masterforce and the fact the transformers just look liked boxes that ended up looking like vehicles instead of having unique designs that reflect their modes.

But overall I loved the Japanese series, Victory was golden.

17. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I beg to differ, if we talk about unrealistic transformations G1 is the best example of that.

Japanese shows like Victory and Masterforce showed very close to the toys transformations and very cool designs.

18. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Except that it's not for kids and it isn't a cartoon. Not in its defence, but just saying.

On the transformation scale they are pretty much the same. Otherwise its all up to regional tastes and target audiences.

Weirdness scale are also pretty much the same.

Eh. I dunno. Understand things.

19. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    It's not a cartoon? They're real??!!

The fact they weren't intended for kids is something I wasn't aware of really... it's still creepy in a pedophilac way IMHO.

20. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    There was no cartoon made for Kiss Players. Only some mangas and Radio shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.