Who do you want the next villain to be in the new movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Dec 3, 2020.

?

Who do you want the next villain to be?

1. Megatron

47.1%
  2. Someone else (name down below)

52.9%
  1. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #3034

Aight hear me out

F99DEF9A-44A8-464A-BE61-2910C1A41F63.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

EXACTLY!
    I had the same idea but for a more BW/UT inspired version of him for the Knightverse. (Shark mouth deco would emulate the T-Rex mouth as the main visual interest.)

3. Minibots

Minibots Well-Known Member

Honestly, it would be cool to see Megatron be a triplechanger and be able to transform into both a helicopter and a tank.

When I say helicopter, I mean the one from Animated.

Just a fantasy of mine, though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Soundkaiser

Soundkaiser Windblade's Conjunx Endura TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah, I personally think The Fallen is more of a Thanos kind of threat or at least he should be. But I do think Megatron should be second to that, like a recurring Villain.

And I would LOVE Straxus to be a main villain! Such an underrated Decepticon.

• Like Like x 5
  5. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm open to anybody but I do think Megatron does deserve a bit of a rest considering how much media he's already in. I personally like the idea of trying to use an individual Decepticons being forefront with Megatron at the back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    It'd be nice having a Megatron that wasn't pathetic for once, but I also think it'd be cool if Starscream was perhaps the more 'direct' threat at first with Megatron looming in the back.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Agreed. I think an Apache would be ideal since this is in the late 80s/early 90s.

8. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

The Fallen, Sentinel Prime, Lockdown, and originals Shatter and Dropkick were obscure. Several of these became less obscure because they were well written for film. That's kinda what storytelling is for. If film characters were only good based on your prior knowledge of them from other media, what's the point?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  9. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

I know, but it's best to start where audiences are familiar with, before going into the deeper lore and expanded universe. I feel it was way to soon to do a character like the Fallen. Shatter and Dropkick were new characters so they kinda get a pass.

10. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

They had ten years of the Bayverse to get familiar with the usual cast of characters, it's time to move on.

11. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    part of me loves it but part of me sees an A10 as powerglide and powerglide alone. I think it would be like soundwave as a spy drone it would have to grow on me.

12. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I care more about the villain having a personality than who it is. Please no generic "serious angry dark lord" Megatron, give him a spark of life.

13. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    They did it in ROTF:lol 

14. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Megatron. Someone else has been a villain for the last five films already, time to give someone else a break from the spotlight and give that energetic young chap Megatron a go for a change.

Welker lending his loud Sunbow G1 voice would actually be not so bad. I'd love to hear him go "SIILLLEEEENNNCE!" one more time.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Liege Maximo

Attached Files:

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:

17. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Well-Known Member

Not sure if I'd want him to be specifically the next villain, but I'm all for introducing Marvel Comics (& IDW, to some extent) inspired Thunderwing and Scorponok at some point. Shockwave and/or Starscream would definitely make a good "villain" for next film - if one specific villain is needed in the first place. As they're strongly leaning on G1 now, even more than before, Megatron is inevitable. Therefore, I'd like to see him foreshadowed and bit of a mystery around him. Starscream and Shockwave butting heads and overall, some power struggle among decepticons would actually make a solid story element and underline Megatron's significance.

Overall, when pondering about the cinematic potential of Transformers villains, I think they could sort of adapt several characters in one, as it's what franchise/book/comic book adaptions often do. For example, The Lord of the Rings(/The Hobbit) movies left out plenty of key characters, or major players, so to speak, but their roles in the story and sometimes even pieces of characteristics, were adapted into the movie characters.

I'd like to see some of that in future Transformers films as well. As it's probably impossible to see every more or less "niche" character and (in this case) decepticon general to make an appearance, I wouldn't mind if they combined elements from different characters into one. LOTR example was probably a bit too out there when compared to Transformers, but to give you a better example, MCU does that as well. That all being said, it's not unfamiliar to Transformers either, as certain characteristics and/or designs have been often reused in new characters or different incarnations of the old characters, but there you go...

Some ideas:

Thunderwing-Jhiaxus: Very strong characters on their own right, but I doubt they'd use both in the films. However, I think their core elements could be mashed up to create a brilliant "cultist" leader.
    Lockdown-Death's Head: Well they do share some aspects already, but you get the point.

But yeah, to answer the initial question...

I'd want something a bit more obscure, but I'd be more than fine with well-written Starscream and/or Shockwave thing, foreshadowing or indirectly involving Megatron.

18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm posing a hypothetical here and would love to hear responses.

If Starscream was the "main villain" of a movie after Megatron (Megatron "dies" or goes missing, etc.), how would you handle that? Can you have a Starscream who does things better than Megatron would? Would he maybe find / hire / acquire some larger evil?

19. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    Well, i have veery specific vision for handling Starscream if the story was mine
    I think yes if you follow their G1 bios/tech specs to an extent, Megatron´s strategy are assaults based on brute force while Starscream likes to rely on guile and speed, you could try to show that contrast on-screen
    I know Starscream getting OP due to some mystical macguffin is a classic but im not very fond of the idea, precisely because of the previous point, Starscream should rely more on wit than raw power, not only this helps the character but also the action istelf, let´s just say JoJo Transformers would be better than DBZ Transformers(im generalizing)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7