Who cried? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spiritprime, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Same here.

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

my friend muttered "oh shit" when prime died. i thought "he's gonna combine anyways"

3. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah he actually dies. Stasis lock is not mentioned at all in the movie.
    Whereas it's said multiple times that Optimus is dead.

The book/comic says stasis lock but not the movie.

4. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

I didn't cry, but the mix of the acting and definately the music gave me goosebumps at that point. Alot of kids started asking their parents desperately if he was going to come back, but they just told them to be quiet and watch the movie. Heck, the forest fight was worth the price of admission alone, but the rest of the movie was great, too. Most of my theater did cry, though, along with the whole "I love you" part after Sam came back from the dead.

5. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

No.

Prime always comes back.

6. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, I've seen Prime 'die' so many times over the years and come back and it was obvious he would return later in the film. Also none of the Autobots are shown dealing with the magnitude of Primes death. His body is just dumped on the ground and Skids and Mudflap continue talking shite like nothing has happened. The film doesnt really shine when it comes to character emotion and depth.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i definitely choked up, even though i knew he would be back.

i could feel everyone's hearts in the theater wrenching. there were many gasps. my girlfriend's jaw dropped and said "Oh no!"

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea, I loved that part in terms of emotion. I really felt it. Also has the irony of the mother being all worried in the beginning and the father letting him go, but then switches around in that scene. I wasn't even surprised at Prime's death because I accidentally read a spoiler in the Youtube comments. :banghead: 

9. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I really hate to type what I'm about to type, but...

THIS.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The actor who plays Sam's dad stole the entire movie with his emotional scene at Sam dying.

How he's all excited for Sam to leave for college, then in Egypt, refuses to "let his son go" while Sam's mom is the one saying "He has to do this", etc. And then to see his dad literally break down like he did when Sam died ... and to see Bumblebee's reaction ... it tugged at the strings, but it didn't pull 'em out-right.

11. LeoMaximus1983

LeoMaximus1983 Well-Known Member

I have to agree that the whole "death of Prime" wasnt anywhere near as played out as it should of been. I had this idea that prime would get back up and keep on swinging at megatron and starscream telling sam to go (like boromir LOTR) and keep getting taken down etc Ratchet trying to ressusate Prime maybe using Jolt to shock him etc Ironhide taking a swing at Megatron or something hell when i listen to the score and heard Infinite white I said "yes this is primes swan song this is whats played when hes dying and everyone is sad" but hell no we got a he dead oh well. Ironhide was pissed of later which made me feel better but! when it came to sam and his brush with death it was played out like no ones bussiness exactly how primes death should of been. It seems Bay doesnt want us to care too much about Prime but rather his Star actor

dont get me wrong liked the film about but this is where it failed if anything

12. hyabusha

hyabusha Well-Known Member

I did, and said WTF when It happened In the forest... :( 

13. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    There has been a lot of gasping and oh-no's, but I don't think I've seen anyone crying the four times I've seen it.

The girl I took at the 12:01 showing had her head resting on my shoulder the whole movie and when Prime got speared she sat straight up and didn't move for about 5 minutes. Hahaha

14. shadowXknight28

shadowXknight28 Ancient Autobot

me and my wife both cried, along with a few others in the theater. it was just so much of a looming thing, i mean facing off alone agist all those cons, there was no way but down. and i really had no idea that hasbro or even bay would cut that open wound from the cartoon. i cried then and i cried now. the only diffrence is that i did not have to wait for a new season on tv to see a re-activation.

15. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I didn't cry but I felt the emotion during the "We all go together!!" scene with him and his parents in the desert

16. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

I didn't cry but it was really emotional, the hero taking on an impossible challenge to save another, it also showed a little bit of Optimus's character, he would do almost anything to win the war and save the rest of his race, notice I said almost because unlike the 'Cons, to refrain from using power to take what you want is the sign of a stronger person

Though It was kind of a jerk move when the army people just let his body drop from the helicopter then ten feet to the ground :/

17. Throwback

Throwback Well-Known Member

Well this 'Witwicky Movie Part 2' was disappointing. Why is Sam more indispensible than the Prime?

18. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Because it was his destiny...

19. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

No because I did that the time the original Prime died, It was 1989, I got the movie on VHS and I was 4.

Now however, prime dieing is old hat, He wakes up in the morning, has a cup of coffee, walks outside to get the paper and DIES... Then comes back and has another cup of coffee and then DIES.. then he goes to work.. and DIES.. etc, etc, etc

20. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I didn't cry. That being said, I did feel the same emotions with this death, as I felt watching the 86' movie in the theater.
    I should have asked my nephew what he thought about it, I just didn't think about asking him.