Who cried? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by spiritprime, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ConeheadConvoyX

ConeheadConvoyX Banned

I was shocked by how violent and brutal his death was and it shocked me greatly but it was still cool and I knew he'd be back

2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    So being emtionally attached to a character and feeling a loss at that characters's possible demise is bad? Brutal, man.

3. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

I cried.....

...Cause of how horrible the movie was.

4. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah 4 times, both times I saw it.
    Prime's 'death' even knowing the outcome/Mikela & Bee talking to Sam about it.
    Sam & his dad in Egypt
    Sam's collapse
    the end in Prime's dialog not sure why but I did.
    (note: I cry easily)

5. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I was shocked, but not crying. I'm pretty sure most of us knew he would come back to life later in the movie.

6. Dankir

Dankir Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That was a great scene to end off the kick ass forest fight scene. But how come none of the autobots cared??? The only scene we have is Sam talking to Bumblebee, we don't even get Ironhide or Ratchet giving their thoughts on the situation.....

So many missed opportunities, instead we get Leo with his pants down, fuck why couldn't they taser him in the face and kill him off?

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

My son cried as Prime fell, put my arm around and he was upset the rest of the movie.

Until prime stood back up in the desert he literally jumped out of the seat let out a big "YEAH!" and would not sit down the rest of the movie he was hyped back up.

8. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I cried.

I suck.

9. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    hehe
    At the same time?
    j/k

My gf cried a little when Prime fell, then when Mikaela was screaming as Sam fell.
    Nothing wrong with that.

10. Throwback

Throwback Well-Known Member

The scene was poorly done. It all happenned so fast. To me, it should have been more drawn out (his death that is), kinda like in the cartoon. The musical arrangement didn't help to tug at the audience's emotions either. It seemedlike Bay did't want it to be an emotional moment. Can't figure out why though.

A couple things:
    1. Why didn't Megs nab Sam once Prime died?
    2. Why didn't they play on the Prime dying scenerio better and bring him back in the 3rd addition? That would've built up soo much anticipation for the next movie as well as provided a compelling plot addition.
    3. WHy did NEST seemed so unaffected by Prime's demise? They seemed to have an 'O well, life goes on' attitude about it.
    4. The twins crackedjokes right after Prime's death scene, TOO SOON!

11. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I did... I'll miss you $10

12. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

I'm confused, did prime actually die or go into statis lock to PREVENT DEATH?

I saw Prime die in the original classic movie in 1986, Not sure what this was this time. Your post complicates the matter.

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

I think then that you underestimate the emotional investment we have for a character who's been a hero to some us. It jarred me, my eyes were wet and I see no shame in saying that, because Optimus is a hero of mine.

The emtional impact of him dying was lessened however by what I like to call Supreme Dick Move #1: the helicoptor crew just dropping him like a sack of potatos on the tarmac: what the fuck?

14. JKahn913

JKahn913 Bunch of Mooncalves

I knew he'd be coming back, but it was a very effective emotional scene. I can see it making people cry.

I'm pretty sure he was dead here. I think he even lost some of his color similar to the original.

15. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

His death didn't really impact me (am I a horrible person?) but yeah, that scene was a little odd. Just dropping him like he was nothing :lol 

16. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

I didnt cry. Probably because it was rushed and badly handled, He was killed and then chucked on to the ground like debris.

there wasn't a moment where maybe Sam could've looked at him or anything. we didn't get any of that, I would've preferred if he stood dead and someone else took the spotlight to shine, but it didn't happen. It would've been much more effective if he came back in the third, and that maybe Ironhide had stepped up.

I went in watching the 86' one knowing prime would die., and still cried., because there was actually a death scene, This wasn't a death scene, this was Sam runinig to save his ass. I really don't know what The primes were Talking about. Sam is as a brave as a mouse. Every chance he got he was trying to give the decepticons what they wanted, lol.

17. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I cried every time Skids and Mudflap spoke. I cried when people cheered at the end, because it confirmed my suspicions about the movie going public. I cried when I saw what was passed off as Jetfire. I...will just stop here.

18. Tela_Tran2

Tela_Tran2 AUTOBOT MAIN FRAME

I almost started crying when Sam was 'dead' and Megan Fox was crying and telling him that she loved him.:cry 

19. corruptjoker

corruptjoker Decept-Hoe-Con

No tears but my whole body got goose bumps and my breathing changed a bit... I did cry in 1986 though. My granny laughed at me and said "it's only a cartoon". I replied to her "Look it's optimus prime, he aint just a cartoon ok!" :D  Amazing how some things in life you can remember so vividly..

20. Bystander

Bystander Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had read the entire movie novelization before the movie and I am a 28 years old guy, but I am not embarrass to say that I did cry during some scenes in the movie because I couldn't help.

I was on the edge of crying over scenes:

Before Prime went into stasis lock all turned into grey, he asked Sam to run while he was falling into the ground;

When Sam was sitting inside of Bumblebee he looked back at the forest where Prime body was.

The scenes that made me cry actually:

Sam's dad said to sam,"We are family...We all go together..."

When Mikeala crying over Sam's body and then I saw reactions of Sam's parents and bumblebee...especially bumblebee's, that brought me straight to the point of tears

In addition, the scene in which I also couldn't help saying "what fuck":

Longhaul got blew up into pieces by human tanks(maybe B52 bomber jet) and one of his shoulder tyers was separated by the explosions, sent into air...

Purple Arcee got blew away when she was in the middle of the sentence."...follow me..."