Who became cyclonus

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by ChromedomeMaster, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Who became cyclonus?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2019.
  1. Skywarp

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. Bombshell

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    huh? there hasnt been a cyclonus in any of the cartoons since season 3 of animated and he was distinctly a separate character from the starscream clone that was skywarp

• Like Like x 4
  2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

There’s no need to ask the question again, the writers/producers answered the question long ago

upload_2019-8-10_8-43-51.jpeg

There it is, in black and white, legitimate storyboard from the writers and producers with “written” words to boot

, the toy catalog replaced many of the 84 toyline with new figures Scourge and Cyclonus respectively fit into the same category at the planes they were willing to kill off completely
    What recent animated series are you talking about?

I’ve been a bit out of the loop so I can’t spwa for the recent online cartoons, but I can’t find any mention of a newer series with the event you mentioned

The Transformers Animated series from a few years ago Cyclonus had no connection to either Sky or Shell, I don’t think the somewhat recent Prime or RID continuity’s even used the character

The Unicron Trilogy is a certain no, and really not recent

The only of stuff I can think of would be the online cartoons, and as far as I can tell that Cyclonus is a time traveler , but I see no information about him being someone else in his past

So please post info on your claim

And even if, homage it would not be, more a way to please fans of the Skywarp became Cyclonus believers

And finally, the image you posted is from nearly 30s after the fact.....hindsight is always 20/20

The storyboard proves what they were thinking back in the 80s

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greebtron

Greebtron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    From a scripting standpoint, it wasn't meant to be anybody. Just generically referred to as "battered Decepticons". During the storyboarding process however, Marvel only used existing character models (This was actually a script instruction in the G.I Joe Movie: Not to use generics in battle scenes).

That disconnect caused some issues early in season 3. As Flint Dille wrote the first two parts of FFOD with all three Insecticons featured, before somebody informed him that they shouldn't exist anymore.

Cast List MP 700-01-116.pdf (Sunbow cast list file, page 64 and 65)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Exactly, for all that writers of season three knew, they were all new characters (except for Galvatron). And that's something to think about when considering is who was. He was Bombshell. But he definitely wasn't Bombshell anymore.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019 at 9:59 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Primeultra

You are correct about the script......at least with the very early ones, but I question if that’s the case with the finalized script

I’ve researched it but I’ve never been able to fully confirm the authenticity of any of the “final” scripts I’ve seen

I also don’t buy that excuse when it comes to the Insecticons, some Insecticons were seen in the film itself after the reformations

Besides all that, I don’t feel the debate was ever about “who was meant” to become Cyclonus.....just people just wanting different then what was done

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  6. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Insecticons existing post unicron reformatting is one of the easiest retcons in existence, they were shown to be able to clone themselves. So either clones got converted or the originals did, but there’s no reason insecticons should have ceased to exist post unicron

7. Primeultra

Quite right

• Like Like x 1
  8. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

There was a little hint in the Allspark Almanac that Cyclonus is a time-traveler and is, in fact, the future version of one of Starscream’s clones. From tfwiki:
    So yeah, if TAA2 is taken as canon, Animated Cyclonus could be Skywarp

• Like Like x 2
  9. Primeultra

Thanks for posting that info
    I would not say it’s canon but it’s still interesting information

• Like Like x 2
  10. Refletor3

Refletor3 Well-Known Member

Oh not this old dilemma. The only problem with this is how would one then explain galvatron? Answer: I suppose galvatron is in fact an entire different individual. And the g1 show supports that view. With the exception of one scene where astrotrain argued that megatron and galvatron where the same guy...

My argument: this issue ranks as perhaps the biggest blunder in the entire movie.
    2 big blunders:
    1. In starscreams coronation scene, we see the 3 insecticons, as well as skywarp and thundercracker!
    2. (To help bring in even more confusion). At first we see 3 scourges and 2 cyclonus made by unicron. But shortly afterwards we are shown 4 scourges following one cyclonus. Alongside galvatron and his new ship given to him by unicron.
    Possible solutions to this problem. Now we know insecticons survived the movie, as they appear afterwards. And one can also say thundercracker and skywarp did die at some point. (....as shown in one season 3 episode where starscreams ghost appears, we are shown the graves of the 3 main seekers).
    Conclusion(s): cyclonus was in no way made from the parts of the original bombshell. It is fair to say that cyclonus and the cyclonus clone are original sparks (transformer souls). But their bodies were made out of dead bodies of an insecticon clone of bombshell plus of that of either skywarp, or of some other obscure seeker. (This is not clear, as the blunder allows the possibility of multiple interpretations.) What is clear though....is that cyclonus is in fact someone original, whose body was made from parts of dead decepticons. (A bombshell clone and a seeker who was skywarp or some one else). 250px-TFTMStarscreamCoronationErrors.jpg Coronation02.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron is explicitly alive when unicron reformats him, the other decepticons not so much

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Refletor3

Not enough evidence for this. The 3 insecticon clones, thundercracker, and skywarp, where clearly alive when tossed out of astrotrain. The fact that they did not talk or appear to move, when encountering unicron, does not necessarily mean they where dead.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s a fair point, but if we include sources outside of the g1 toon then the bio on the universe you specifically says unicron used parts of deactivated decepticons to create Cyclonus.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Refletor3

Another dilemma. If starscream ghost (or spark/soul) survived his bodies destruction by galvatron. What happened to the soul/sparks of skywarp and thundercracker? Where they just extinguished by unicron? Or did they somehow survive, as starscream did? G1_StarscreamsGhost_AHHHHH.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That one is definitely a good question, but again reaching outside g1 (but within the same continuity) beast wars states that starscream had a mutant spark. His ghost surviving was an aberration and not the norm

• Like Like x 4
  16. Refletor3

And even further problems. We are shown afterwards , much more than scourge and 3 sweeps. In the movie there was over 5 sweeps. In season 3, their could have been as many as 8 sweeps. And also over 3 separate cyclonus clones. B0SuXYmIUAAxhwO.png FFOD5_Decepticons_attack.JPG.jpg 34s2irq.jpg

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  17. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I don't think those actually count. As many people have said before, they fucked up A LOT of stuff in the movie. Also, the episode you're taking the screenshots of was animated by AKOM, who were notoriously shitty at their job. I wouldn't recommend taking anything not clearly correctly animated by them remotely seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Primeultra

Actually the evidence does not support the the idea that Galvatron is a “Entirely different individual”, more on that in a sec.....
    From the body of 1 dead decepticon, the original shell or a clone

The script or toy bio did indicate more of a “Frankenstein” thing but the film didn’t show that
    Galvatron clearly states himself, in the films dialog, that he is Megatron

Not to mention Unicron says it as well

Sane continuity?........ debatable lol
    Actually......in this case it’s not really evidence if a “f-up/shitty job”

That episode was being produced before the final version of the film was completed

The FfoD writers were working with early drafts of the films scripts, and the original plan for the film was that Cyclonus would have an actual armada if clones/copies of himself

So, what we have in that episode is what they intended to do and not really a mistake by Akom

From what I recall there’s at least one other episode with evidence of that

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

I prefer the Universe 2.0 Cyclonus bio that basically said he was made from multiple guys.

• Like Like x 2
  20. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    debatable continuity in your opinion, but the intent of the writers of beast wars was clear. toon and comic were melded into a composit history for bw. events of transformers the movie are referenced in the episode posession so it is clear that at least a version of the 86 movie happened in the past of bw.

• Like Like x 1