Who became cyclonus

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ChromedomeMaster, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Who became cyclonus?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2019.
  1. Skywarp

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. Bombshell

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. ChromedomeMaster

ChromedomeMaster Well known member

So who do you think you became cyclonus?

2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Life Spark, of course.

29256687.PNG

:D 

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 19
  3. ChromedomeMaster

4. ChromedomeMaster

Plus, a life spark is like the heart of the transformer

• Like Like x 1
  5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Bombshell because he's the one in the foreground that the camera is focused on. Why would they have the named character in the background and put focus on a nameless soldier.

Plus it's been officially confirmed that Skywarp actually kept his original name and was some how sent into the future to explain away why he disappears in the next shot and is never seen again for the rest of G1.

• Like Like x 5
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Bombshell. You're literally in denial if you think otherwise.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Call me crazy, but I'm a firm believer in Skywarp becoming Cyclonus. If Thundercracker became Scourge and the other two Insecticons became the basis for the Sweeps, then it would only make sense for the same to be true for Cyclonus and his non-existent Armada. The former Seeker duo would become Galvatron's second-in-command, while the Insecticons with their duplication abilities would become the seemingly endless army of Sweeps. If the characters personalities transferred over to their rebirth, then it would make much more sense for Skywarp to be Cyclonus. Skywarp was shown to be very loyal to Megatron in Seasons 1 and 2, very much so unlike Bombshell. Also, when the toys for Cyclonus and Scourge were released, they replaced both Skywarp and Thundercracker respectively in the catalogs. I believe one of the film's writers stated a little while back that he believes Skywarp became Cyclonus, but I could be wrong about that one.

• Like Like x 17
  8. ChromedomeMaster

Actually you're right, about the film's writer believing that it's skywarp

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChromedomeMaster

But he did also say that what he believes now, not what it originally was meant to be

10. ChromedomeMaster

Hmm... No I'm in acceptance...or depression, I'm not sure which:D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I get the feeling Skywarp and Thundercracker became Cyclonus and Scourge respectively.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

I would like to think that Skywarp became Cyclonus. But, I more like think that Cyclonus was a mixture of Bombshell and Skywarp. Sure Cyclonus was loyal like Skywarp but Cyclonus could act better without guidance (Skywarp needs Megatron's guidance). In addition, Cyclonus seems to have honor as a Decepticon and Skywarp is about teleporting and shooting Autobots (and maybe Starscream) in the back.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Your logic has a few major problems:

1. The "seeker duo" were really nothing special in G1. Fans like to treat the seekers as a special close-knit subgroup, but in G1 they were just Decepticon troops like any other. You want them to have significance because that's what fans have grown up attributing to them, with subsequent series and media following suit, but the sad reality is they had no significance to the writers.

2. If the characters personalities transferred over, which they very clearly didn't, Skywarp is nothing like Cyclonus. Skywarp wasn't that loyal, simply one of many Decepticons not stupid enough to cross Megatron. He was a dumb thug who followed "the boss." Cyclonus was a fanatic, devout and cared for Galvatron on nearly a personal level at times. He was also smart, well-spoken, tactically-minded, something Skywarp certainly was not.

3. The entire point of the scene is that Unicron takes dead Decepticons and uses them for raw materials to make entirely new entities. "New troops to command." Megs gets a new body, the rest are new troops. Only Galvatron retains any shred of his past self because he made a deal with Unicron. At no point is it even mentioned that the Decepticons being reused are being reborn as he was.

4. Your comparison for the Sweeps being Insecticons and thus gaining their replicating ability (which has only ever been a fan theory and nothing more) runs contrary to what is depicted. Namely that if the foreground characters are not the ones being named first, Scourge isn't Thundercracker, but instead Kickback, meaning the replicating Sweeps would only be one guy, with one Sweep incapable of replicating himself. All this is, again, ignoring the fact that no shred of the character's former lives or carried over.

Plus there's, y'know, the storyboards specifically calling out Bombshell as being Cyclonus, and Cyclonus' being the one to transform first, firmly establishing them as one in the same:

Bombshell-to-cyclonus-storyboard[1].jpg

Ultimately it boils down to the fact that fans wish Skywarp was Cyclonus because it would mean their favourite characters weren't treated with utter contempt and disregard in the original animated film so many fans cherish, but the reality is they were quite literally thrown out and replaced with new toys. Sorry.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  14. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    funny.
    they said Vector Sigma the only one can give life to a transformer.
    that's why Prime approach him to make the Aerialbots.
    Then...
    - Wheeljack created the Dinobots
    - Starscream planted personality chips to make the Stunticons
    - Grimlock created the Technobots
    - Nebulons created Target and Headmasters
    - Unicron can create an Army

Seems Vector Sigma went from divine to useless :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  15. ArcanielRE3

I'm all for a good debate, and I'll admit that you do in fact raise a few reasonable and thought-provoking points against good ol' Skywarp. It's true that the possibility of personalities being transferred over is a very unlikely one, and that individual characters (save for a select few) weren't thought as being too significant by the writers back in the days of G1. They were just product to be advertised, and then discarded later on after all.

However (and forgive me if I'm misinterpreting your intent), your elitist tone isn't very welcoming. There's no need to be condescending, especially when disscussing the fates of cartoon alien robots.

Anyways, you don't really make much of a case as to why it's Bombshell. Just because Bomb-boy was in the foreground of the shot, doesn't hold much water in my opinion. The animators could've just done that to make a clear distinction between both of the transformation shots, rather than have the same body type be in the foreground both times. Besides, you said it yourself that the writers didn't really care nor thought too much about it at the time , and that Cyclonus and the other Unicron created characters were simply new toys and completely new troops.

If anything, that would give more credit to Cyclonus being neither Bombshell or Skywarp and is indeed a new character entirely. In fact, this very idea is supported by Bob Budiansky's original character profile for Cyclonus which states that he was built from the parts of dead Decepticons, i.e Skywarp and Bombshell. In hindsight, this is probably the most likely answer to Cyclonus's identity... scrap.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  16. ArcanielRE3

Yeah, I know right? Don't forget when Grimlock created the Technobots in Season 3! Ah, classic G1 inconsistencies. Always fun trying to make sense of them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Why does nobody use the search function?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Would prefer Skywarp but it's clearly Bombshell.

Then again I don't think Cyclonus, Scourge, or the Sweeps have any clear memory of their past selves.

• Like Like x 2
  19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    They can't have memories of their past selves because they aren't their past selves. Unicron took their dead husk bodies and created new Transformers out of them. If you want to apply modern sparks to this situation, then Skywarp and the Bombshell clone were both spark-less when Unicron reformed them into "new troops to command" and gave them new sparks. You can even argue Bombshell had no spark to begin with as a clone.

If I took Person A's dead body, swapped out arms and legs with limbs from a stronger person, tossed out the old dead brain and put a whole NEW brain in that person - is the Person A still Person A? No. Person A is now Person B. Person A was just a resource to make Person B.

So, the correct answer is C, neither.

• Like Like x 5
  20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Fixed.

Starscream created the Combaticons not the Stunticons. The Stunticons were actually created using Vector Sigma around the same time as the Aerialbots as the Aerialbots were specifically designed to counter them.

Also the Nebulons did not create Targetmasers and Headmasters. They only modified already existing Transformers to have this capability.

It is a little weird how some characters were introduced solely to become Headmasters or Targetmasters. Brainstorm for example in the Rebirth was introduced first as a normal Cybertronian only to be modified into a Headmaster instead of introducing him as a headmaster to begin with.

The actual heads and weapons weren't really created by the Nebulons either, they WERE the Nebulons.

I think the only TFs that were really created were Fortress Maximus and Scorpinok... but if Cerebros was only modified to act as the head for Fort Max as he already existed before that... what did he transform into before he was a head?

• Like Like x 1