Who are your Definitive Combiners?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Warpshard, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I remember reading a thread like this last year, when Combiner Wars had just been released. Now that Combiner Wars is wrapping up, and many more Combiner Teams have been released by both Hasbro and various Third Parties (Poseidon, Computron, etc), I'd like to see who your definitive versions of the combiners are now.

Personally, this is how my ideal Combiner Squad would be on a shelf:
    Devestator: TFC Hercules
    Superion: Combiner Wars Superion with the PE Upgrade Kits.
    Menasor: Combiner Wars Menasor with the PE Upgrade Kits.
    Defensor: Combiner Wars Defensor with the Black PE Hands and Feet.
    Bruticus: Combiner Wars Bruticus with the PE Upgrades.
    Abominus: Unique Toys Ordin.
    Computron: Combiner Wars Computron with the PE Upgrades (If they color match).
    Predaking: MMC Feral Rex.
    Piranhacon: TFC Poseidon.
    Liokaiser: TFC Hades.
    Monstructor (If it ever gets released): Fansproject Saurus redeco.

2. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Devy, Bruticus, Superion, Predaking. The others are pretty much noise to me.

3. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

No, I mean which toys do you use to represent them?

4. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

TFC Devy
    TFC Superion
    TFC Defensor
    TFC Liokaiser (in progress)
    TFC Poseidon (in progress)
    TFM Menasor (in progress)
    MMC Predaking
    Warbo Bruticus
    Warbo computron
    TW Throttlebot whatever his name is

I also have FP Brut and MT Comp sitting there too.

Didnt realize I had all these combiners...maybe I should insure ;) 

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Feral Rex, MT Giant (...for the moment, will be Gen Toys Grav Builder when realeased). dont really collect combiners anymore since i do more MP.

6. Remsus

Remsus Well-Known Member

Devastator - Make Toys Giant
    Computron - Make Toys Quantron
    Menasor - FP Intimidator
    Defensor - Currently Combiner Wars Defensor, but soon to be Make Toys Guardia
    Predaking - MMC Nero Rex
    Bruticus - Warbotron
    Superion - Combiner Wars Superion with PE hands/feet

I hope to eventually get the regular color MMC Feral Rex to replace Nero!

7. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FP Causality for Menasor. Perfect size and beautiful sculpting all over.

Superion - Hasbro version, surprisingly. Ticks all the right boxes for me.

Devvy - Takara UW version.

Everything else I'm pretty much lukewarm on, though I have a few of the Hasbro Defensor figures (Streetwise & First Aid) and they're pretty sweet. The FP Crossfire Combaticons are pretty sweet too, especially Munitioner.

8. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

No definitive, just a mix...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Devy -- Hercules

Superion -- TFC Uranos, got him for a real nice price

Computron -- Quantron

Bruticus -- Hasbro, surprisingly. Gonna get PE hands and feet for him, I absolutely hated FP's effort and Warbo is too expensive.

The other three I don't have a representation of right now. I want to get Ordin and Feral Rex but I just can't really justify $500 for a complete combiner anymore, just feels like too much money.

I'll probably go Maketoys for Defensor though, $65 for each limb is a lot better to swallow for me than $100.

I'll probably get the KO Feral Rex when it hits though, hoping that one day Hasbro gets to Abominus and Predaking to be honest, I'm just burnt out on combiners and would rather not spend $500 or so on them anymore, especially as I don't even collect CHUG anymore.

10. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty much all of them - although my 'one toy per character' rule applies to them as well. I also have my combiners separated 99% of the time ^_^
    (I'm going off my list of Combiners that I either own or intend to own... it's not complete as I was sort of neutral on Energon and was never a fan of Car Robots and thus have limited interest in said combiner teams)

============

Predaking-MMC's Feral Rex, hands down. Own the full team

Bruticus-Weiking improved KO of Warbotron Bruticus. Four have been delivered, waiting on their Onslaught, who I intend to mod with some Zoid cannons

Devestator-Currently TFC's Hercules but I'm debating switching to Toyworld's... still on debate.

Abominus - Unique Toys team, full team purchased

Computron-Warbotron's set, full team purchased

Stunticons- Currently have the Combiner Wars set with the PE upgrades, but it's all still boxed as I'm not 100% satisfied with them. I like the aesthetics of the TransFormMission team but they're too big for my Classics based collection...

Monstructor-I want them to be A: scout class and B: pretenders so I'm still hunting for a representation

Piranaking-planning to go with the TFC set

Defensor-TFCs First Aid, Combiner Wars Streetwise, small-Groove and Rook. Still debating which Hot Spot I want to use (probably go with TFCs) and still waiting for a Blades that hits the right balance between size, quality and aesthetics for me. (I'm hoping MMC goes through with their Defensor so I can get Blades and Spot from them)

Superion-I wanted them to be BIG... esp as my Seekers are all MP seekers so Air Raid (and Fireflight) had to be of the same height due to scale. So I'm currently kitbashing a team for myself. AirRaid and Fireflight are MP sized Classic Seeker KOs that I'll be reshelling. Skydive and Slingshot are the OS Voyager sized KOs of the TFC aerialbots. Silverbolt I'm stuck on for how to make at the moment but I'll be giving him a Blackbird alt ^_^

Landcross-I'd want them to keep their dual combiner trick as well as the gestalt of all 6... plus I'd want them to be scout class individuals or at the very least small deluxes.

Raiden-Not a clue, here's hoping a good one is made at some point.

Dinoking-Going with the FP Saurus and have all but Goryu and Doryu ordered. Passed on the shells FP is putting out as I was honestly disappointed by that.

Road Ceaser-I'd want Braver and Laster to be largish deluxes with Blacker being a voyager and as little kibble as possible.

Liokaiser-TFC Hades all the way, although I do hope we get a Hellbat

Railracer-Half debating getting the original toy but at the same time still hoping for an update

Victorion-Becuase femmes.

Nexus Prime-Own all of them, but I'm super careful with them because TRANSLUCENT PLASTIC and keep hoping for a new version of them.

Magnaboss and Tripredicus - I want updated versions of them with them being a TRIO. Zero interest in the Botcon '16 versions.

Have I forgotten some? Oh yeah, almost certainly. But those are the only ones I can think of at this point in time

11. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

The only ones I care a lot about are Devastator and Predaking. For Devastator still the MakeToys version is my favorite. Predaking I really want to like Feral Rex but something just doesn't do it for me. So there's really not a definitive Predaking for me yet.

12. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

I don't combine my..erm...combiners so:

Constructicons: Gen Toys
    Combaticons: Warbotron
    Stunticons: CW
    Predacons: MMC
    Horrorcons: DX9
    Seacons: None yet

Protectobots: Maketoys
    Not interested in any other Autobot combiners

Best thing about these is that they all scale perfectly :) 

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    To answer that question my definitive Combiners would be all Unite Warriors Sets,right now I have all of the following sets either in my collection or on preorder.

UW01 Superion Set
    UW02 Menasor Set
    UW03 Defensor Set
    UW06 Grand Galvatron Set (April,only ordered it to get Clear Starscream)
    UW07 Bruticus Set (June release)
    UW08 Computron Set (August release)
    UW?? Victorion Set (whenever they decide to let people PO it)

As for UW04 Devastator I am waiting for someone to have him on sale.Also I have the Hasbro counterparts for the first 3 sets.

14. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Primarily an MP collector so it ends up coming down to size and G1 accuracy.

Only one that's close to definitive at this stage is Toyworld Constructor as he hit's the right size and his design is pretty close to G1. But even he needs a new head and has some aesthetic choices that diverge from optimal.

Predaking - OS KO Feral Rex is almost ok - again because of size

Superion - closest is gonna be OS KO TFC Uranos - but he'll need some tweaking and painting and probably still a bit short

I really like the Menasor from TransForMission but at the price (approx AU$700) I have to pass as it's IDW instead of G1

Nothing else is even close to large enough for MP.

15. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

MP scale with IDW design is a strange choice.

16. draconious380

draconious380 Well-Known Member

Since I mainly collect classics and CHUG (MP line just isn't wowing me at all anymore) this may be a long one:

Constructicons/Devastator: MT Giant.
    Stunticons/Menasor: FP Intimidator/M3
    Combaticons/Bruticus: Warbotron Bruticus
    Predacons/Predaking: MMC Feral Rex
    Terrorcons/Abominus: UT Ordin
    Breast Force/Liokaiser: TFC Hades
    Seacons/Piranacon: TFC Poseiden
    Arielbots/Superion: Hasbro CW Superion
    Protectobots/Defensor: MT Guardian
    Technobots/Computron: MT Quantron

Still waiting on Landcross, Raiden, Monstructor, and I forget the other autobot combiner from Victory. Edit* Road Caesar.

17. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

Ever since childhood the combiner hierarchy for me has been:

1)Superion
    2)Bruticus
    3)Computron
    4)Defensor

The others really did very little for me. Predaking and Devy are hugely popular, but I could not care less, to be honest. I give this preface for no reason other than to hear myself speak (yes, I was mouthing the words as I typed them) - that and to explain why they are the only ones I am mentioning:

1)Superion - Takara UW with PE upgrades. The individual bots are so reminiscent of the g1 toys, and Sunbow characters as I remember them; Lots of character. Combined mode also just really comes together. Head and shoulders above the other CW/UW offerings.
    It still strikes me as very odd that TFC's version is still the only real option in the "CHUG/CHUGterpiece/Masterpiece" arena.

2)Bruticus - right now, I am going with the Warbo version, though if I am blown away by the UW+PE upgrades, I am open to changing my opinion.

3)Computron - Going to have to go with the UW version +PE combo again. I own the Hasbro Scattershot, and really like that re-color/re-tool, and really like what I see from the early pics of the entire Takara set.

(I only owned not-Afterburner from the Warbo set, and while I thought he was very good, the rest of the set left me wanting - Including combined form. Since Scattershot and Strafe are my faves of the bunch, this was really disappointing to me.)

4)Defensor - I don't own him, but the MT version looks really, really solid in my eyes.

18. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me the list is as follows

Superion-combiner wars plus pe chest, sectorzerotoys hands and feet and nonnef thigh fillers

Defensor- combiner wars plus nonnef feet and forged in 86 water cannons

Menasor- combiner wars plus various pe and sectorzerotoys upgrades

Bruticus- combiner wars plus pe hands and feet

Devestator- combiner wars plus both pe upgrades minus prowl parts

Abominus- Ordin (in progress)

Predaking- os feral Rex

Ruination-foc plus black boosticus hands and feet and black printed wrecktifier chest, waist and back treads and thigh fillers (all upgrades curtesy of echotf)

Also all of mine so far include all their members and legends partner figures such as alpha bravo, offroad, rook, felisaber and the tfss ironfist

19. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

SCRAPLETS! becos there are very few planets with water in the universe (they say..) and it freezes in deep space and cybertron has no water. Scraplets rock hardcore! all the other combiners are noobs!

20. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a VERY strange choice. But it looks freaking amazing.
    Especially that Motormaster in vehicle mode. I'm tempted to just buy him as an MP stand-in to play chicken with MP-10.

I can't justify $700 for a Combiner that doesn't fit the G1 style though.