Which Villain Were You Most Empathetic For?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megatronus the Fallen, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    What villain(s) did you feel for the most?

For me, I felt for the Fallen (of course), because he felt that he was betrayed by his own kin. Not I mention he was also denied revenge against them. The Fallen was a character (no matter what iteration) that I was empathetic for.

Megatron is another one I've felt for. All Megatron wanted was to bring Cybertron back. He was homesick and determined to have his world back, no matter the extinction of the human race. But he was denied by the Autobots.

Same goes for Sentinel. He missed Cybertron so he even betrayed the Autobots to bring his world back. Though some of his actions I thought we're unnecessary.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Ransack and Crumplezone where constantly being humiliated by the autobots, i know theyre croocks but common :lol 

Unicron: he's a gigantic thing. Offcoutse he's gonna need to eat other planets. Its not his fault.

Skybyte. On top of being out of his leaguewith the Autobots he also constantly gets shown up by the Decepticons

Quillfire. keep fighting the powers of oppression.

Waspinator. No comment

All the Decepticons in IDW that got killed without them having had any development or focus.
    Bring them back!

3. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Sixshot. His own son betrayed him

4. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

IDW Megatron is an easy one, and Starscream to a lesser degree.

Armada/Energon Demolisher was something of a tragic character up until the writers got bored and brainwashed him.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Armada Starscream

• Like Like x 4
  6. Pobo000

Pobo000 Blaster Superior; Soundwave Inferior

YouTube:
    I've always felt for Soundwave (especially in IDW). Most Decepticons joined once the war started for reasons like wanting power or just wanting to be able to fight and even Megatron who originally started the movement for the right reasons knew that he wasn't doing the right thing once the actual war started, but Soundwave is one of the few Decepticons who truly feels like they are completely in the right and there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. He truly feels like they are the heroes and the Autobots are ones in the wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    G1 Cyclonus in season 3. Dude had to put up with so much from Galvatron, like having to deal with your crazy aunt who won't leave.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Yeah, i remember thinking he really seemed to suffer from the way Megatron played petty tirant with his troops, nurturing rivalries between them and humiliating them on a regular basis.
    But at the same time he seemed to be genuine believer in the "decepticon cause"

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    IDW's managed to do a great job making a tragic fallen hero Megatron trying to redeem himself, despite how impossible the current situation would stand. Same with Soundwave too, really surprised how they took the most emotionless one and made him emotional.

Otherwise Waspinator gets my vote since universe hates Waspinator.

• Like Like x 2
  10. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I always feel bad for the guys that always got beat for comic relief. Quickstrike and Scorponok in BW and Ransack and Crumplezone in Cybertron are the biggest examples. Nothing ever went right for them and the were defeated by each other just as often as by the good guys just because it would be funny.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Lord Zarak/Scorponok in the later Marvel comics.

Thunderwing when he was controlled by the Matrix. I like that he showed remorse for shooting the loyal Spinster.

Skullgrin when the always annoying Circuit Breaker attacked him after he befriended some humans.
    Iguanus mocked him for it too.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Arale

Arale Well-Known Member

Dinobot, all he wanted to do is prove himself to be worthy of leadership.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

AOE Lockdown. He legitimately thinks the Autobots and Decepticons are destroying the balance in the universe. He has been to different galaxies and the worlds within, and he sees how egotistical and self centered the various species are, including humans. He understandably doesn't think much of our species and how we don't see the bigger picture.

Cyclonus. He is an honorable Decepticon who legitimately cares for his leader regardless of how Galvatron treats him and others. He wants to help Galvatron in "Webworld," but he has limits as to what he will accept. He also is capable of prioritizing goals in a rational matter, which is something Galvatron often lacks. I actually do think Galvatron is somewhat aware of Cyclonus' loyalty due to him asking for his repair after blasting a possessed Cyclonus in "Starscream's Ghost."

• Like Like x 2
  14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    DotM Megatron
    IDW Shockwave

15. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Yeah, IDW Shockwave too.
    Like Buddha he came to the conclusion that life is suffering, only he was not ok with that.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

Sunbow Galvatron had his empathetic moments when he was portrayed in a way that made me realize that instead of the truly evil Megatron he was just an actually suffering crazy person with manic shadows of Megatron's ambition driving him to just destroy everything he's worked for. Cyclonus no matter how well they wrote "crazy Galvatron" was just a woeful creature that I felt plain terrible for. Scourge was pitiful in some moments too, particularly working with Starscream and when he fused with the Matrix.

Waspinator, clearly. He seemed like he was along for the ride but not really evil. Remembering that Autobots and Decepticons were separate "species" of robots that warred for domination of Cybertron, so therefore Maximals and Predacons have that same "cultural" distinction, he was there because Megatron probably duped him into somehow not because he really wanted to go back in time and fuck up everything everywhere. I really liked him and it's just too bad he never got a little bit of redemption, or peace lasting more than a brief moment. His rant in "Nemesis" is probably one of the greatest moments in all of Transformers fiction.

Just listing Sky-Byte speaks for itself, really. He's like a different "flavor" of a Waspinator type character. I loved his sudden friendship with the children of the city, I loved his over the top theatrical attitude, and his genuine commitment to Gigatron. All these endearing traits made his constant failure all the more sympathetic. He deserved the happy ending that he got.

More recently, Steeljaw in RID15-16, while he is still "evil" in his ambition to conquer the Earth and while entertaining still a self-centered douche when you really put his attitude into perspective. Think about it, being Thunderhoof or Fracture, down on your luck and stranded, and falling in with this dude who is really a nobody who manages to talk you and the other Decepticons into doing what he says, and then he just walks around talking about great he is and how he's gonna rule you all yaddda yaddda. Thunderhoof is really the only one with some sense to have some bitterness for the guy. But still, underneath his ego, in a strange way Steeljaw's cause is noble. Decepticons do need a home, and he wants to give it to them, but he just keeps howling. His sulking in "Lockout" and his pain at being betrayed by Megatronus really did strike me.

That's all for now.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

OOh! Starscream is a good one!

For me it would be Beast Wars Rampage.

He never asked to be a monster, in fact he is a monster because the Maximals were trying to play Primus.

Even throughout the cartoon series, he was aware of how screwed up he was.

I really wish the cartoon delved deeper into his story.

• Like Like x 2
  18. scrumblebee

scrumblebee decepticon airplane guy

Twitter:
    in victory, i felt like the dinoforce were treated as expendable by deathsaurus

19. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Waspinator from Beast Wars: Don't have to explain why, the poor dude gets blown to bits in nearly every episode.
    Starscream from Armada: His sacrifice to help get Optimus and Galvatron work together to stop Unicron was touching to say the least.

20. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Bw uprising kind of did that, but they also made ot a bit comical thing.