Which Ultra Magnus should I get?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Mikesee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say that KFC's Citizen Stack is too big to go with anything; and if not for the fact I recently packed up those items for a move, I'd take a pic of a portion of my display where I had the KFC Diaclone version displayed with MPP10 on his left and MP01 on his right. In robot mode, I liked the look of those large bots together, in part because as a kid I had most of the M.A.S.K. toys, and so I like the 1/24 scale as I try to reassemble items from the past and incorporate with some toys of the relative present. Now as for the vehicle modes, the size between MPP10 and & KFC is way off; but KFC's & MP10's vehicle mode is nice.

However, I realize my 1/24 tastes are unique; and I like to have two different molds when there are color variants. So, I had the official MP22 standing with other MPs (as MP22 matches the rest of the recent MP line in both modes), and I suppose the uniqueness of having a version of Ultra Magnus from the G1 movie's promo footage justified me having a bot that wasn't quite all the way in alignment with the rest of the MP line. So, if you're looking to match with the rest of the MP line, go with MP22 as most others have stated.

2. Mikesee

Mikesee Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your insights! I think I will go for MP 22, since I am a collector of Masterpieces and since MP 22 would 'fit' in better aesthetically.

3. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Taste is subjective, but for my money, I *hate* MP Magnus. Next to Citizen Stack, he looks like Ultra Magnus's fat, dumpy little brother. Stack, especially with the head upgrade, looks to have far more heroic proportions. Lots of folks like "G1 accuracy," but I think MP Magnus takes it too far, insofar as the 'toon was drastically simplified and way too small. Regardless, go with the one you like better visually. If you prefer the MP, great. I just want to throw some love to Citizen Stack.

4. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Agreed. And don't forget that Citizen Stack came out like 2 years ago when KFC's QC was questionable. I'm willing to bet if KFC tackled Stacks again or revisited the mold, the overall QC would be a lot better. Like take everything that's good on their Lio Kaiser and put it in Stacks. I'm somewhat of a completionist but I've yet to pickup MP-31 Delta Magnus. The mold doesn't wow me.

5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    The Iron Factory Legends scale Minimus ;) 

6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Technically, MP-31 _is_ Ultra Magnus from the TFTM preview. I always did like those colors better because they look really sharp.

Attached Files:

7. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I have both MP Magnus and KFC Citizen Stack and retired Stacks. Don't get me wrong, with the SXS head, I prefer the proportions and overall look of Stacks better than Magnus but the finish on my ver1 Stacks just doesn't do it for me. The buttflap and no white Optimus bugged me at first but I think what they did with the cab was still really clever and the buttflap doesn't bother me as much as it did in the photos.

8. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

MP-22 is what I went with. To me, Stacks simply didn't meet my expectations for an MP figure, both in terms of QC and design. As for MP-31, he's Diaclone and I don't really consider him to be a representation of Magnus.

9. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Mp 22.

Non show Masterpieces usually sell less. If you are on the ball you may get a deal on MP31.