Which Transformers figure are you most thankful to have in your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFfangeek, Nov 23, 2023.

1. TFfangeek

TFfangeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wanted to create this on Thanksgiving Day 2023, which is technically not over when I'm typing this.

Recently I have been seeing more and more Transformers collectors gripe and whine about which figures they don't have in their collections, so much that I have seen a few Transformers fans forget which figures they already have in their collections.

I think it's important to relax and remember which incredible Transformers action figures you already have in your collections and be thankful you were able to obtain them.

After looking around my collection, some of the many Transformers action figures I am thankful to have in my collection include...

The Transformers Legacy figures I got for my birthday in July: The Nemesis, Armada Optimus Prime, Bombshell, Shadow Striker, Devcon, Tow-Line, Nemesis Leo, Gamer Edition Megatron...

upload_2023-11-23_20-27-32.png

Gamer Edition Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Barricade...

upload_2023-11-23_20-29-42.png

Legacy Menasor/the Stunticons...

upload_2023-11-23_20-30-24.png

Legacy Tarn...

upload_2023-11-23_20-30-40.png

Legacy "A Hero is Born" boxed set...

upload_2023-11-23_20-31-18.png

The Horrorcons (Siege Apeface and Earthrise Snapdragon)...

upload_2023-11-23_20-32-1.png

The Legacy Insecticons...

upload_2023-11-23_20-32-49.png

Legacy Nova Prime...

upload_2023-11-23_20-33-18.png

Siege Galaxy Upgrade (a.k.a. Cybertron) Optimus Prime...

upload_2023-11-23_20-34-13.png

All the Lamborghini Autobots...

upload_2023-11-23_20-34-45.png

Legacy Volcanicus/Dinobots...

upload_2023-11-23_20-35-23.png

Legacy Dion/Arial...

upload_2023-11-23_20-36-25.jpeg

Legacy Armada Megatron...

upload_2023-11-23_20-36-33.jpeg

Legacy Medix...

upload_2023-11-23_20-36-57.png

Skyquake and Dreadwing...

upload_2023-11-23_20-37-14.png

Studio Series 86' Ultra Magnus...

upload_2023-11-23_20-39-19.jpeg

Takara Tomy's Transformers Legends LG-EX Big Powered, God Ginrai, and Greatshot figures...
    upload_2023-11-23_20-39-2.jpeg upload_2023-11-23_20-39-42.jpeg upload_2023-11-23_20-39-58.jpeg

Also, my first ever Optimus Prime figure, Generation 2 Hero Optimus Prime!!

[​IMG]

Which Transformers figures are most thankful to have in your collection?

• Like Like x 9
  2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    A still intact Transmetal Megatron.

• Like Like x 6
  3. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

EE70EECF-7095-41B8-8850-FBC85FD35DEA.jpeg Mom bought me the Haslab Unicron because I was sitting on the fence on the last day to back it and she said I’m not letting you pass on that it’s your Christmas present. I was floored.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

Universe Inferno (the RiD01 prowl repaint) with doors intact.

• Like Like x 2
  5. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that its a different thing to be thankful to have any figure because:
    1. you can afford them,
    2. they turned out to be hard to get (thanks to bad distribution or low production numbers
    3. they actually mean something in your life
    As in one way I'm thankful to have each one that I have because I simply love my collection in general, been collecting over 40 years, and my collection has been a part of my life, a part of me.

I've always had a passion for science fiction stuff, as I dream of stories with anything... heck, as a kid, my pens would be spaceships during class.

To me, the figure that is the one that was in hand for the longest, through very difficult years, would be Hooligan (Cyberjet), with nothing about the character, but that the actual toy was my pocket sized VF fighter (Robotech/Macross) that I simply could get lost into my stories with it, it was my comfort "fiddler" that I could escape into. So I'm very thankful for that toy as it remained intact, it's sturdy and withstood time and the amount of play. Thanks to the invention of the internet and eBay I managed the dream of getting all of the variants and the R-blade took over Hooligan's role as he got a well deserved rest.

The next ones would be my "older" ones (not really TFs) and my SOC ones that I never imagine that I'd ever see, let alone have. And for TFs, along with my Hooligan, I have a G1 Perceptor that was my second go-to toy that is missing parts and such but it has sentimental value. For newer stuff, it would be the WFC figures as they brought to G1 world to reality in a way that no other lines ever did.

So this question tends to also be very similar to the "if there's a fire in your house, which ones would you grab?". And my cyberjets and Perceptor would be the first ones, and for the rest, I'd go with those that would be the hardest to replace, the older ones, the expensive ones.

• Like Like x 7
  6. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I'm thankful I am still able to collect anything even though I'm not able to collect as much I used to. I'm also thankful for all the figures in my collection but especially my G1 Sixshot that my dad and grandpa went to hell and back trying to find for me after I was released from the hospital back in 1987 or 88.

• Like Like x 4
  7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This one. It was my first one ever, and I still remember the day I received it almost 40 years ago.

FC83829D-C678-463C-BE9B-C74B33A95D94.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  8. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the end of the day, collecting toys is a total luxury so sometimes it seems silly to be thankful about them, but I totally understand the spirit of this thread so I’ll participate :lol 

IMG_8654.jpeg

Agreed!!

That’s awesome!!! I was on the fence only because I don’t really collect mainline figures anymore, just G1 vintage, MP/3PMPs, and I sample some figures from older lines I collected… so I thought the robot mode wasn’t what I wanted … but damn, that planet mode and huge ring convinced me!! And since that’s how he was for the majority of the old movie, I went ahead and grabbed him during the campaign. Now he’s like the centerpiece of the whole room so I’m glad I went ahead and did it!!

IMG_0050.jpeg

I would also say I’m thankful for my VERY FIRST Transformers toys… if my parents hadn’t bought the technobots for me back in the day to start it all, I don’t know if I would be as obsessed as I am now :lol 

I have 3 of my actual originals … one I lost and another I replaced when his head snapped off but I must have tossed the original because he’s not in my junk box where I found the others… so even though I have minty Technobots for display, I decided to showcase the originals for starting the whole thing!!

IMG_9357.jpeg

And lastly, I’m just thankful to be at a point in my life where I’ve been able to complete my childhood dream of owning all the figures I saw on those catalog pages and to have a home with a space to display them all in a cool way. Trust me, I’ve been like everyone else with figures crammed on whatever shelves I could find and I appreciate the entire journey, but having a curated cool space now is just something I still don’t believe I actually have :lol 

IMG_9744.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That’s amazing. I’ve seen plenty of pics of your collection, but not from that perspective. That looks like a dream come true. BTW, Computron is my favorite combiner and the only one I completed during childhood. I still have him…save for a few of the smaller weapons…

• Like Like x 2
  10. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

The Studio Series 86 Dinobots. My MP-08 Grimlock can finally have his buddies with him... Now, if Swoop would hurry the **** up and get released LOL

• Like Like x 5
  11. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    To be honest all of them really especially the ones I got as a kid just knowing the financial situation my parents were in.

Specifically though
    G1 Micromaster Hot Rod Patrol - First Transformers who were picked up at a mom and pop shop on the way to my maternal grandparents. What makes them extra special is the moment shared with my grandfather. I don't remember this because I was 3 at the time but my mom told me I excitedly showed my grandpa my new little robot cars. Of course he didn't know what a Transformer was it just made him happy seeing how happy his grandson was. That stuck with me because I never really new my maternal grandfather because he died when I was 4 or 5.

G2 Optimus Prime - THE BIG MAN HIMSELF. I've talked about this enough on the site but he was my first BIG TF and I got him on the Christmas after I spent all Christmas Eve in a dark ass emergency room waiting room. Still remember that new tire smell.

BW Depth Charge - Came home one day after school and he was just sitting there. Mom got him for me as a surprise just because I seemed down about something. He's missing his tail sword(misplaced or lost I have no idea) but I'll never get rid of him because he's symbolic of all the little things my mom did for me and my sister when we were growing up "just because".

Transformers Club Marvel MP Ratbat - Not really big on MP figures since I'm usually paranoid about breaking something that expensive but this little bugger just makes me so irrationally happy.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Denzimus

Denzimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly all of them. Hell I'm greatful for having the means to even collect them

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ‎ ファイヤーコンボイ

News Credits:
    Animated Activator Bandit Lockdown, due to its sentimental value.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

It'd make a lot more sense to say something slightly interesting like Legends Headmaster Kup or Takara Human Alliance Soundwave but 2007 Fast Action Battler Frenzy is absolutely my favorite. Bro is just straight up silly and tons of fun which reminds me that these are toys, but, like, in the best way possible.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    The fact that I can even have these guys at all is a lot to me. So all of em. Some of the rarer ones that were harder to get like Victory Saber and soon Deathsaurus for being haslabs or cosmos as a hard to get exclusive are a bit more special. But in general I’m just really happy to have what I have.

• Like Like x 2
  16. SeraphionPrime

SeraphionPrime Banned

The figure my friends would say: HasLab Unicron. It is the only prominent figure on permanent display in my apartment because it literally won’t fit in storage. Never ever fails to start a conversation. Surprisingly, none of them have been about “what are you doing with your life?” or “so this is why you don’t have kids.”

The figures of my childhood, RID Optimus Prime and Megatron, are the most sentimental: the first two I ever owned as a kid. Pretty much any figure from this line holds a lot of sentiment to me, because it was the first series that I watched as a kid all the way through. The original ones I had are long gone, but I was able to get replacements over the years. I would be ecstatic if either of these figures got the generations treatment.

Modern figure I really enjoy: Legacy Evolution Armada Optimus Prime. This is what I had hoped the version I had as a kid would be. This is the kind of update that makes you laugh at the idea that you would even consider buying the original again (though having an update of Sparkplug would be fine and dandy).

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThePrime84

ThePrime84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-44 is the first thing that comes to mind

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

First one that comes to mind, Legacy Bulkhead. For as much as people bitch about that one, I'd been waiting for Bulkhead to get a "Classics-style figure" for over 10 years, and seeing him up on my shelf always gives me a good feeling.
    Sure, it's not that good for representing the TFP version of the character, but as "Bulkhead if he was G1", he does the job excellently.

• Like Like x 2
  19. RePUGnicon

RePUGnicon A very indecisive individual

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Haslab Victory Saber and soon to be Haslab deathsaurus are the first ones I can think of.

I'm thankful for the MP-10 reissue I got before toys r us closed :( 

I'm Aldo happy I got the 86 dinobots and siege jetfire and earthrise skylynx reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I am most thankful for my KO downsized Combiner Wars Devastator. It is the first time in my 47 years, 46 at the time of receiving him, that I had, in my hands, an all green G1ish Devastator. My childhood dream/wish came true.

• Like Like x 3