Which Third Party figure you think is the most overrated?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CARAZON, Nov 23, 2019.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Hmm. Maybe the mp44 ko... because mp44 is the most overrated toy ever? At that price anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  2. leus

leus Well-Known Member

FT-10 Phoenix .......very boring expensive paperweight. No way near as fun as the original super Veritech Fighter. No removable armor, difficult and cumbersome transformation and definitely too big .......looks really GOOFY next to the pint size Tak car bots. Totally hate myself for having bought him!

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Chippy Winger

The Chippy Winger The Struggle is real

o·ver·rate
    /ˌōvərˈrāt/
    verb
    past tense: overrated; past participle: overrated
    1. have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved.
      "dismissing the work as pompous and overrated"

4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Idk if something can be overrated if it doesn’t exist :p 

5. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    ft phoenix-although it looks awesome but it desperately lacks range for his waist swivel.

gigapower swoop- i'm a bit disappointed with the way it looks and the die cast chipped off in my copy.

6. wrx20l

wrx20l Well-Known Member

It's fun reading threads like these, because so many of the figures folks seem to be deriding are among my favorites in my collection. It would seem I have incredibly shitty taste! LOL

• Like Like x 2
  7. Slagwave

Slagwave "Touch grass," suggests weirdo who lives online

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more. I was ecstatic ordering FT Scoria for myself as a big ticket birthday item many years ago. An MP version of my co-favorite character in the Transformers! I was beyond thrilled...

...then he arrived.

I admit I liked his robot mode fine (at first), but, like you, the dino mode makes or breaks the DINObots for me.

And Scoria's sunk it. I was so deeply disappointed to find myself holding a lame, unintimidating, too-expensive potato/football with a ceratopsian head slapped onto it... and that's to say nothing of the floppy, unimpressive mess that is the bot mode.

I immediately looked online for reviews about the figure (something I hadn't done in the past with figures I desired and ALWAYS do now) and, lo and behold, both "potato" and "football" figured prominently in most comments.

He is now banished to the back of my Slag/Dinobot/"Dragonbot" display and will inevitably be sold off with little regret.

As you say, thank goodness for Gigapower. Grassor: Now THAT is my bad boy Slag.

8. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    As much as I like him I can see the argument for MMC's Tarn. Cannon gets in the way and is inaccurate. Feel like both modes suffer a bit for a simple transformation. Not all figures need to be complex but I think he would have benefited from more engineering.

Planet X Asclepius. I'll never understand why this guy is so heavily praised by the planet x crowd. I got him for $40 and I still was disappointed. Chest doesnt lock in, heels dont lock in, and he feels like a generations figure. If I hadn't purchased it through BBTS I'd be convinced it was a cheap knock-off.

• Like Like x 4
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MakeToys MP scaled seekers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Mine was terrible. The back lean was bad, the backpack never wanted to stay tabbed on and the shoulder joints were really poor. His DX9 replacement went the other way and had too strong joints but at least he can hold Astrotrain up!

Fwiw my FT20G was better stability and shoulder joint wise but still has the really annoying backpack unpegging problem. I think it's inherant in the design.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anything from Iron factory. All of their figures are chunky, clunky, blocky inaccurate messes.

Everyone else praises them all day, I don't understand why. Every other company that makes legends does them better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    No.

If someone came on here writing "the earth is flat" you would post something in response because your automatic assumption is always one of correction and imparting some self perceived knowledge. It's not "the benefit of the doubt" it's your desire to respond in the manner you did. You said so yourself,

You've been posting here "often enough." Giving me the benefit of the doubt would be to actually consider that I wouldn't be posting something so ridiculously declarative as every opinion being right (which by extension, means that you really believed that I believed options and facts are interchangeable and one and the same. Which would mean you assumed I was what...6? ).

Instead, you gave yourself the benefit of the doubt and decided "yes...I actually really do need to impart my 'wisdom"

By that logic, your excuse will always be "I assumed incorrectly because there was a lack of blue font."

Further discussion is pointless. I said my previously said my piece on the thread topic. You're welcome to continue your assumptions. I won't be viewing them.

It's a minority opinion/preference on the boards. For many, robot mode trumps all but the dinobots are a distinct exception in that is it's very easy to argue that the alt modes trump the robot modes.

The robot modes aren't as cartoon accurate as FT's, but the Giga dino modes have great personality and presence.

Enjoy your set man. They're great figures. FT's dinos are great in their own way, but their universal praise? Overrated.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My goodness, someone needs to be shown a mirror. :crazy:  This thread was a fine conversation until you entered and started acting out. Whatever happened to you yesterday afternoon that spun you out, I hope it resolves itself soon for your sake and that you have a happy holidays.

14. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

FT Galvatron

15. MTMTEam Builder

MTMTEam Builder Well-Known Member

While I agree that him being simple to transform isnt a bad thing, I don't see how the cannon (or even the alt mode, which we see briefly once) is inaccurate.
    And it definitely gets in the way, but thats more due to his design, than it is MMC's fault.

I don't see much praising for any 3P figure I don't like; Maybe PE Warden? He's a nice hefty bot, hasn't aged well and turns into basically nothing.
    It's a shame MMC saw it as such a threat that they never went through with their own IDW Max, and that their kickstarter failed.

16. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    The cannon barrels should be closer together in robot mode and also positioned so they have different lengths. Its nitpicky as hell but it drives me insane. seems like it could have been changed by just having a different mount too.

17. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Underrated: FT Sovereign. One of my favorite figures and I like the transformation as I don’t struggle changing it back and forth

• Like Like x 1
  18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    How is the design not MMC's fault? Again, compare it with the Iron Factory figure. Alt mode is accurate and the cannon does NOT get in the way. We are talking about a legends class figure here. If it can be done at a smaller scale, it's hard to see why it can't be done at a bigger scale.

19. MTMTEam Builder

MTMTEam Builder Well-Known Member

Alt mode is "accurate". We saw Tarn's alt mode once maybe, from the very front while Kultur was in development, and then a second time like right before he released (a rather small amount of time spent in alt mode for a guy addicted to transforming). He's missing some slight plating that goes over the treads, (which even Dubhe is missing on the back) and the part that connects the two barrels is slightly inaccurate and definitely coulda been designed without the little lips on the edge. Oh no, throw the whole thing in the trashcan. Dubhe is just as imperfect as Kultur.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

Kultur has his faults I admit, but comparing him to a legends class figure is absurd. They might be the same character but they are two completely different things.

• Like Like x 1