Which TF story do want to be adapted to film

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jan 12, 2020.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't really agree with that. He wasn't even a character, really. Because he had no motivation or even personality. He wasn't even himself, because for the majority of the movie, he was basically a cute pet with no memory. Then at the end, he got his memory back and returned to being the character we saw in the first 5 minutes of the movie. But during the middle 100 minutes, he was nothing. The two Decepticons were characters maybe, for the little screentime they had.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Do we really need another bumblebee movie?

3. Swiftarave

Swiftarave Banned

Ebay:
    Don't bother

4. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

They probably were in a room when they wrote it

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    That's a fair complaint. I personally didn't mind it, but it will be nice to see Bumblebee back to normal in whatever comes next. I would still argue he feels like a co-protagonist though. Just not a hero (until the end). And I definitely get how that could affect someone's enjoyment of the movie, if they want to see the main Autobot being more heroic throughout the movie.

Actually, I'm not saying I want another Bumblebee movie. I don't, at least not right away. We don't need another movie homaging ET, we've already got two of those. Supposedly the next movie is going to be an Optimus/Bumblebee buddy movie, and I think that sounds like a really fun and unique idea. I just want them to keep a similar vibe. Somewhat low-key, with the focus put on character and story over large-scale action. I do hope the next movie ramps things up a bit though. Maybe somewhere between the budget of Bumblebee and a Bay movie.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

Look here, SON: here's a fun fact for you-I'm actually multilingual, too-and can write and read as such as well-that's not limited to you, your "great" shrekness. . . . I stand by what I said like the Redwood Trees in the Redwood Forest. It may have started with the writers' room; however, as I pointed out (or better yet, the goddamn movie poster itself points out as I showed and PROVED) it ended with a screenplay written by 2 people. Obviously, when tlk tanked, someone SAW FIT to CHANGE SOME THINGS (including DISBANDING SAID WRITERS ROOM) before the FINISHED PRODUCT was released, in an effort to discontinue what nearly helped to plunge Paramount into a financial abyss:rolleyes: . 2 writers DOES NOT a writers room make. Maybe brushing up on basic mathematics may benefit you. . As well as getting your vision checked. Some folks kill me denying to the death what is in plain sight. . .Even after someone shows them something. . .:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Swiftarave

Swiftarave Banned

Ebay:
    Bro, can you just, like, chill

• Like Like x 4
  8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Please don't flip out on me, but do you know how a writers room operates? Say on an hour long tv drama or whatever. A bunch of writers in a room brainstorm ideas for all the episodes of that season, and then each episode is given to ONE writer to go off and actually produce the screenplay. All the Joss Whedon shows were done this way, as an example, as recorded in numerous interviews and documentaries.

So your argument is meaningless. What you yourself describe in your attempt to deny the writers room is in fact a perfect description of something created in the writers room.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek yourself before you check yourself! Veteran

I don't know how long the writers' room actually lasted, but it's never been said by official sources that TLK's box office was the reason it was disbanded. That's fan speculation at best, so please don't present that as if it's a fact.

It is true the news was announced later during the summer of 2017, but it was never stated exactly when it was disbanded. That's only when the news was revealed. It's possible, perhaps even likely, that the writers' room was disbanded well before TLK came out given the purpose of the writers' room was to generate story ideas for future Transformers movies. Once they created the story ideas, there was no reason for it to continue, regardless of how their movie ideas did in the box office.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Wow someone who actually understands

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

i'm not denying it. I'm saying that the writers room, For the UMPTEENTH time, upon completion/finalization of BB was DISBANDED, as I have shown and proven REPEATEDLY w/visual evidence. Hence why there are 2 writers listed on the movie poster. I also said AGAIN that writers rooms are NOTHING NEW. . .If folks want to dismiss visual evidence which they can FIND FOR THEMSELVES, as well as dismissing critical thinking/deductive reasoning (much like this guy and the crew he worked with, the same crew that did 5 movies), then you can expect to be called out . . . While what folks like myself and Autobot Burnout and others say may not be "popular" (quite frankly, I NEVER gave nor do I still give a damn about popularity), we have pointed out several facts repeatedly, and we do not confuse popularity or likability of our words with giving you something to THINK (key word) about. . .We don't need official announcements to see the writing on the wall-and we can read and decipher it. If the movie poster is not enough of a CLEAR official announcement, as well as supporting evidence, then, Houston there is a PROBLEM-a lost cause (willful ignorance). I'm DONE. . .

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And again, that means nothing. If the writers room hadn't been disbanded, there would still only be one or two screenwriters credited. Same as any writers room situation. You're arguing a meaningless point that doesn't move the needle in either direction.

All I was saying that kicked this off was that the writers room was worthless. It helped nothing. Contrary to being the big improvement everyone thought it was going to be over the Kruger/Orci/Kurtzman mess that came before, the writers room instead brought us the two worst written movies in the series. Last Knight turned around nothing, and was actually worse than AoE. And Bumblebee was an unbroken string of cliches stolen from other, better movies, Frankensteined together into the most generic movie ever made. Which would have been fine if it was a daytime tv movie made for the Nickelodeon network to be watched by an audience of 8 year-olds who would never have seen the sources Bumblebee lifted all its plot points from.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Prime time 101

Facebook:
    Damn lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how about none of these since fans don’t follow the comic books. they are more likely to use ideas from the cartoon series.

15. Magmatron95

Magmatron95 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Megatron origins

• Like Like x 3
  16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure the Bayformers fans will lap this up.

All movies have cliches. Marvel films are full of them for example. However, it's how you use cliches that matter. You can do something interesting with it or you can take the uncreative route. Bumblebee had the cliche of the mean chick, but they made it interesting by having Bumblebee destroy the car—making a funny and charming scene as a result. They could have made it a lot more uncreative by having the mean chick make up with Charlie at the end of the film or whatever. I find Bumblebee to be the best movie in the franchise as it was able to tell its story without making a convoluted mess of itself just so it can top the film it came before it. Yeah, the film is pretty generic and simple, but there's nothing wrong with making just a decent movie, especially when the films that came before it were garbage. I'm glad it didn't try to take risks and instead made something that was actually coherent and watchable. The next film probably can't do the same thing, but for a character spin-off, it did a pretty good job.

If that were true, then he would have not edged Charlie into jumping in the water, was curious about the tapes in the garage, or destroyed the car. He clearly had motivations to conduct those actions. He wasn't the same character in the middle as he was at the beginning of the movie, but he was still one nonetheless. Like, I don't know what else you expected from a Bot who lost their memory while being completely new to his surroundings. And even when he got his memory back, the things he did during the middle of the film still mattered. Without the bond he had with Charlie, he would have never received the help he got at the end.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Combacticons or Superion.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

A new and a original one

• Like Like x 2
  19. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A story that shuts up the hot headed members in the forum and both g1 and bayverse fans please and thank you

• Like Like x 2
  20. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Shattered Glass

/thread

• Like Like x 1