Which Sigma 6 figure should I get next?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Darkravager, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Glad you got Kamakura. He is a lot of fun with Snak Eyes with the weapons system for the ninjas.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I got Cobra Commander today. He's a nice figure except that battle damage front. Have to glue that.

3. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Right now Hasbro is playing conservative with the S6 line, at least until it has proven that the "standard" toys can sell. That means keeping costs down with repaints and a few recycled body parts, but also keeping the focus on the proven sellers - male heroes. Rule of thumb has long been that villains don't sell as well as heroes, and females sell even worse than villains. Thus we only get 1 Cobra per wave, and won't be seeing any of the ladies for some time.

My guess is that the first female we'll see will be Scarlett, which would then provide a basic sigma-suited body for Jinx.

4. Darkravager

I still haven't opened mine. What is so bad about his chest?

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It's very very VERY sensitive. You can't even touch it without it spinning.
    The wheel has 3 modes, Cobra Symbol, a battle damage dent, and another bigger battle damage dent. Like RW said, even if you look at it wrong the wheel rotates to the larger dent.

Like a busted crash up car.

Still don't know why they released a Sea Ops Duke. Even more puzzle on why I bought him. Alwats hated Duke, and giving him flippers don't help :lol 

Must be drawn in by the S6 cool factor still.

6. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

you bought a duke figure :sly:  god why. The only way i could have been worse would have been if you bought tunnel rat :lol  ......you havent have you :peoples: 

7. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

There are very few toys in any lines where variants are looking much better than the original. In the Sigma 6 line, the Snake Eyes figure with Ninja Armor is way better than the original. I really like how the sword can convert to having three blades as well as his backback with deployable wings. The whole armor is kickass too. The green tiger-like stripes on his armor is great touch to his armor. This is a must have in the collection. I may not be buying much variants in this line, but I made an exception with this figure.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally i think the Armor one looks lame

9. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

At least it's a better variant than Sea Ops Duke. :) 

10. Darkravager

I also really like Armor Snake Eyes. He's going to be a definate purchase as soon as I can afford it.

11. Darkravager

I heard that TRU is having a sale on their commandos. They are supposed to be like $12 or something. Can anyone confirm this?

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I may check that out tommorow.. Doubt i'll buy more. Not my fancy...

13. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I like Armored SE (v2) a whole lot, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's better than version 1.

First, the original simply looks more like the classic SE, at least to me. For those looking to get a toy reminiscent of the original, v1 is the way to go.

Second, there's not as much versatility for v2, since most of his equipment is tied up in the armor. I love the 3 different visors for v1. Also the interlocking weapons work better on v1, as it allows easy interchanging with all three of SE's blades (which also work with the bike and KK's weapons). While v2 does have connecting holes on the trident sword and spear, there is no connector piece. All you can do is hook one of them on the spear handle. Rather than molding the peg to the handle, I would've preferred to see them continue to use the pegs, so v2 isn't dependent on the pegs w/ v1, Kamakura or the Ninja Bike.

Third, v1 can carry most of his weapons. There are scabbards for the swords and dagger, and his uzi fits nicely on his side. With v2, only the spear handle has a peg. It wouldn't have taken much to add pegs to the sword or SMG.

Fourth, and I grant that this is getting nitpicky, I find the handle on the trident sword overly large, even moreso than the v1 swords. No way that thing doesn't over-warp the hands over time.

Again, Armored SE is great, but then so are all but 1 of the S6 figures. I strongly recommend both figures. But so far, v1 is still the definitive figure.

14. Darkravager

I called my TRU and was told that they aren't having a sale. I was misled.

15. Darkravager

Does anyone know if Snake Eyes' swords were messed with in the two pack? His swords can't hold the pegs in them to link up with anything else. :( 

16. Darkravager

Ahhhh!! Zombie thread! Sorry for resurrecting this, but I figured it'd be easier than making a new thread. I need to ask a question:

I got Spirit yesterday, but when I got him, his left elbow joint is really loose. He can't even hold his bow out straight without his elbow dropping down. What can I do to fix this?

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Have all S6 figs now except for the first Duke. Which I don't want at all but he's the only one I need for completion.

Any special reasons to buy the first wave Duke?

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I SWEAR... Armored Snake Eyes doesn't exist... He's a farce...

19. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I've seen Cobra Commander at Walmart near me a few times and thought about picking it up but i never do, is it worth picking up (after I get the new Cybertron releases of course)?

20. Darkravager

No he's quite real. I'm holding him in my hands right now. :D 

Red Dragon: Yes, CC is definately worth it. He's friggin Cobra Commander for crying out loud!

CM: I bought Duke because I like him on the show. Plus the switchfire weapon gimmick is kind of fun, but the grapple hook gun on mine doesn't really work all that well.