Which Sigma 6 figure should I get next?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Darkravager, Jan 16, 2006.

1. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I highly recommend against getting the SE/SS two pack, especially if you are only planning on getting one of either figure. I know the two separately costs 50% more than the NB two-pack (assuming neither is on sale), but the value is noticably less as well. Here was my review:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread88266.html

The armored SE is nice, but if you are looking for the S6 figures which best captures the "classic" SE and SS, go with the original commandos.

2. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I agree that if you have the extra money, it would probably be worth your while to get them individually. I was a little short on cash, so I opted for the cheaper route. I prefer these paint schemes, but I'm really missing the scabbards and the whip star for Snake eyes. If I could buy those accessories, I would be totally set. :( 

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    oh i would get them seperately. I don't like the 2-pack color schemes..

4. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

agreed i preffer the single pack stormshadow, just looks more like a ninja without the grey colours on his arms

5. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Maybe i should get Kamakura.. Love his accessories and he is only $10.. I'd save $5.

The bat does not do it for me. Everytime i see it i think it looks like some sort of KO. Not getting any repaints like Armor SE, or Sea Ops Duke.

So of all the figures who is best to get.

Snake Eyes - Looks decent and comes with ninja gear. Yet his eyes really bug me. Don't care much for the star thing or other masks.. Just the one that hides his eyes.

Duke - Looks cool, has some cool weapons, but don't care for the grappling hook.

Kamakura - Decent looking figure and I like the ninja gear. Wouldn't use the launcher.

Long Range - Looks nice and has cool gun. Like all the accesories for once. But not enough accesories. Just a big gun you put together, a hand gun, and a knife.

Heavy Duty - Looks good, biggest of the line, but just a big ass gun? Not even a small hand run or anything. I'll pass for now.

Spirit - Just doesn't do much for me...

Storm Shadow - Looks good, but still has crap gear i don't care about like the foot and hand claws, and grappling hook. Still nice. Plus the cloth pants bug me a bit. But is low on my list.

Cobra Commander - Like the charachter, but HATE the spinning wheel gimmick. Plus it is overly sensitive.

Tunnel Rat - Wouldn't use the roll cart and that is the big accessory with him. Other than that a small knife, a gun and two grenades? Pass of now.

So it looks like my best options are:

Snake Eyes, Kamakura, Long Range, or Duke.

6. Darkravager

I would still say Snake Eyes. Duke is a great figure. He is the hero and everything, but yes, the grapple hook launcher is crap. Mine doesn't even fire. It just comes loose so you can pull it out. Kamakura is also really great. And Long Range is of course, Long Range. I would personally put them in this order:
    Snake Eyes
    Kamakura
    Long Range
    Duke

7. misterd

There is more to life than popularity contests, but if one were done for S6, the BAT would lose and lose badly. If there is one to pass up, this is it.

Technical point here- none of the figures are true repaints. They all have unique accessories, and some have modified sculpting (Sea Duke's feet, XBow SS's mask, 2 pack SE's head). Since Snake Eyes is masked, it's not impossible to pass his versions off as a different character entirely.

In the box, I felt the same way about the goggles. Out of the box, I think they are pretty cool. Overall I think the standard SE is the safest choice. Doesn't necessarily excell in one area, but may be the most well balanced.

The switchfire weapons are very neat, and probably the best set of accessories in the first wave. Not a first get, but worth getting eventually.

Good get. Cheap, but the paint job is often sloppy. Great accessories, and most are interchangable with SE's. Get both figures and you have an insane amount of diversity thanks to the interlocking weapons.

Heavy Duty is the same way. Only one major accessory, but that one is unbelievably cool. And unlike HD, he has two smaller weapons, both very cool in their own right. The trenchcoat really puts the toy over the top. In the end, if you favor diversity, SE and KK should be your first gets, but don't put LR off for long.

Not as cool as LR (trenchcoat vs pants - you decide!), but he's a unique figure and his weapon is awesome in its own right. Go for LE first, but keep an open mind about HD. But even if you miss him, a very similar redeco w/ a flamethrower is coming down the pipe.

Best use of colors IMO, and a terrific head sculpt. Accessories are all very nice, and unlike most Commandos, he can actually carry all of 'em at once. He's getting a rerelease later, so no need to get him now, but think twice before writing him off.

Agree that there are some useless accessories, and there is not nearly as much thought put into his weapons as SEs. I think his cloth pants look the best at this scale, as they are made from thinner material. In the end, if you get SE, how can you pass up SS?

Yep.

Remember he is a soldier, not a commando, so he will have far fewer accessories. Stacks up pretty well though against the other soldiers so far. His goggles and webgear look great. The cart is a cool accessory, even though you won't use it. Just looks cool on him with the lights coming over his shoulder. The butterfly knife is quite nice, as are both guns (hand gun and SMG). The grenades are good decoration, but that's all.
    I would suggest: SE, KK, LR, Duke & SS, TR, SIK

8. Darkravager

Hey Misterd, I don't suppose you would know anyone over at joebattlelines that does customs that would be willing to sell the original Snake Eye's equipment would ya?

9. misterd

No, but I'm sure you could ask.

10. Darkravager

I might have to do that. I might sign up later tonight.

11. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

Finally got a chance to pick up Kamakura, Heavy Duty and regular version of Snake Eyes. I am really liking those figures now. I still can't get used to the head sculpts, especially with Duke. Perhaps I'll pick up Duke later. I was suprised to see how heavy the Heavy Duty figure is. It is almost as heavy as some of the cold cast resin MOTU mini statues.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

S6 figs make sool sillhouettes (< did I spell that right?)

[​IMG]

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I think BAT is worth getting more than Duke with Scuba gears. It'd be nice if BAT were to cost $5 I would love to army build with it. That's why I passed on diver Duke and got the rest of S6 instead. Now that I am into S6 collection I can't wait to get LR, CC, and HASS.

14. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Think I'll pick up Kamakura. Save $5 and get the more kick ass weapons. If i like him I'll get SE next.. I think Kamakura is going to kick major ass because of the changable weapons. I didn't realize that you could alter them till i was reading this page http://s6c.joebattlelines.com/toys/reviews/soldier/wave1/kamakura_tech.htm
    Wow.. That makes him even cooler. I have a feeling i may end up getting both.. Might be as crazy about the charachter as Snake Eyes, but the weapons really sell me on KK..

I'm really enjoying the idea of the possibilities of weapons. A tonfa and a morning star (mace on chain (iirc)), sword, comas. Or well possibilities are almost endless.

15. misterd

And KK's weapons are interchangable with SE's swords and dagger (and those on the Ninja Bike as well). Just be careful with KK. There are a lot of slop paint jobs out there (what IS it with Hasbro and yellow paint lately?), so you'll probably want to pick him up yourself. I personally passed on about half a dozen before fining one I thought was acceptable, and even he had a fleck of paint missing from his mask (which I could easily cover up).

16. Darkravager

My Kamakura isn't too bad. There are a few scratches on the mask, but it's not something that would hinder me from enjoying the toy.

17. rattrap007

News Credits:
    got KK.. Not too bad. Nothing that makes me want to go out and buy the entire line or anything, but still neat. May just pick up snake eyes and Long Range and that be it till someone else i really want comes out..

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

What's the name of that girl in the cartoon with SE and KK? Will we see her toy this year?

19. rattrap007

News Credits:
    If i was really good at customs I'd turn a second KK into a Kakashi from Naruto...

20. rattrap007

News Credits:
    jynx...