Which Sentinel would you perfer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Sep 14, 2011.

?

Which Sentinel would you like to see in TF: Prime

1. Animated: Sentinel Prime character varient

43 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. DOTM: Sentinel Prime character varient

70 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    give us a prime that actually followed the whole "freedom is the right of all sentient beings" bit.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A DOTM-like Sentinel would be really interesting to see.

3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'd definitely prefer DotM Sentinel. Although they don't need to make him a traitor, just don't make him a lame caricature.

Animated Sentinel was a dick to the point where I hated when he was around (obnoxious characters can be OK if they're done right). Plus he had one of my LEAST favorite designs in all of Animated.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Personely, if Sentinel was in this series with no explanation to him being alive then I would stop counting Prime and WFC/Exodus as one continuity.

5. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Agree

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    design wise i LOVE dotm sentinel prime

if you were to take the overall design of the kre-o sentinel prime (movie with g1 and animated elements) and put that in the prime style, it would be fantastic, make him what movie sentinel was suppose to be, a wise autobot who is noble and tough, like he was at first protrayed in DOTM

but he needs to be red and gold, that combination of colors is something i love about some of the sentinel primes, mostly the comic ones, movie, and kre-o

while the last two don't have much gold anymore (though the kreon does!), red is the way to go

i'm sorry, i got kre-o sentinel prime and i am just in love with that kit, its the perfect sentinel prime to me and i want an actual transforming version now

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM

8. Shelbo

Shelbo Hur hur

Let's do a mix-up of both

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Sentinel Prime was great on DOTM, the whole "Well-Intentioned Extremist Evil Mentor" thing was really interesting to see.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Every single character on this show owes something to some other past incarnation, in design, in character, something. The most original character is Knock Out, and even he slightly resembles Terrorsaur.

As much as I enjoyed Animated and DOTM Sentinel, let's have a completely original take on Sentinel. Forget all this continuity war-crap, I don't care what continuity WFC, Prime, Exodus, whatever. If Sentinel appears in Prime, he should be an original character. The films are full of them, Animated was able to balance out the homages, but the characters all feel too familiar like I've seen them before. That's just me though. Let's have an original Sentinel.

11. badbotsarehot

badbotsarehot Aerialbot/Seeker

i LOVED Sentinel in DOTM, but i'm not sure how that role would fit into Prime. His design was certainly better than Animated's ... but I voted Animated Sentinel. yeah he was a bit annoying, but i liked the storyline of the history between him and Optimus, even the "fighting over the girl" part. that's what I'd like to see, although not sure if that would fit with TFP Optimus, since he's quite different from TFA Optimus after all.

oh yes. we can leave that out lol

12. Grandus Prime

Grandus Prime Well-Known Member

I would hope for and DreamWave/IDW type Sentinel. A hulking bot that was built for combat, exuded security and would outwardly seem to be an ideal leader but ultimately can't match Optimus' perception, tactics or wisdom and total understanding of a crisis situation.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Actually wish there was a NONE of the above choice.

DOTM Sentinel was an awesome looking bot, and was okay in the movie, but just don't see a fit for TFP. Animated Sentinel..too much an ass to ever been made a Prime, for the most part he truly only looked out for number 1 and took advantage of others achievements and took credit for himself. So no thanks to that type of character for TFP, we have the Cons for those roles.

I prefer the novels and WfC version of Sentinel (Zeta).

Truly, it may be a longshot that any version of this character could appear...unless it's thru flashbacks on Cybertron or a hologram used to help Orion remember a few important details and his history, if that happens, then WfC type of Sentinel would be interesting..... :)