Which Reviewers Do You Watch & Why?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by liquidroyl, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I think that in TFSS Barricade review.

2. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Man, I just watched this guys review of XTB Scourge, had me laughing my ass off! He got so angry! I get that, I've been there with TFs before too. Fun watch!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    The only reviewer I absolutely trust is the one I see in the mirror every morning. If he likes it, he buys it.

4. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon UT Gang Rise Up

News Credits:
    Ah, that's the one. Though I could've sworn he was in more than 1 skit.

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I happen to watch quite a few video reviewers such as Peaugh,EmGo,Paik4Life,and of course Optibotimus.Those 4 reviewers are the best in my opinion.

Peaugh is great but his transformation filming is a little shaky,but that's understandable since he transforms them while the camera is in front of him.
    EmGo (or as I refer to him The Freakin Geek) is by far the funniest of any of them,he gives a mixture of fun-ness and seriousness at the same time.
    Paik4Life pure and simple has an english (UK) accent and its always a nice surprise to hear him talk,plus he gives great reviews regardless.
    Optibotimus lastly is awesome but judging by his sporadic video reviews he's not a major reviewer like EmGo,Peaugh,and Paik4Life are,but he's still fun to listen to when he does.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Paik4life too.

But I'm English and Paik doesn't sound like any accent we have here. Sounds American or Canadian to me.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Peaugh.

He has a nice clean voice. He doesn't try to impress people with a fake internet personality. He doesn't feel the need to swear so I can watch it with my kids.

8. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Very true

9. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Have you guys heard about JAZZPRIME74? Great reviewer! :) 

In all seriousness I watch peuagh,emgo,John garringer and optibotimus.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    My favourite reviewer is the fellow TFW2005 user TJ Omega, also known as the Plastic Addict, his reviews are entertaining for what they are... And his Plastic Addict reviews are the best... another Reviewer that I like to watch, but he doesn't do any transformers reviews, is Ashens, one of the only people who really makes me laugh a lot.

11. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Bobby Skullface and Ben's Collectibles.

I've watched most all of them at one point or another.. but those two guys are my go-to's.

12. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I don't know John but the other two I agree with you 100%.

13. Nebokalypse

Nebokalypse Well-Known Member

I watch a couple of Reviewers:
    Vangelis and Emgo are the most entertaining Reviewers for me.
    Benscollectables, peaugh, and optibotimus are the most informative ones. However, peaugh, and optibotimus tend to rant about certain things a bit too long for my taste. I'm not saying, that the rants itself arn't justified, but the lenght makes it harder to watch.
    From time to time, I also watch baltmatrix, breaux man, Paik4life and various others, depending on the toy they review.

Apart from that, I like the german reviews from Starblight.de, and Reyjin.

14. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Bobby Skullface: Overall best reviewer in terms of wanting to know what's the best bot for the buck.

Paik4Life: Best reviewer to learn how to properly transform your figures.

Emgo: Good extended reviews while pointing out the bad details of a figure. You really feel his enthusiasm for collecting.

Thew: Hilarious, clever and short reviews that point out important details.

15. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I like Peaugh. He explains and shares facts on the figures. And has a good camera.

I love Vangelus. Very quick, direct and funny.

Ben is genuine and very passionate.

Kuma is a mix of Peaugh and Ben, to me... And a great photographer...

Baltmatrix is direct but can be a little winey if he dislikes something.

Emgo and Sharktimus Prime are the most annoying to me...

We (the collectors) do appreciate all their advance video reviews, though. Through their hard work, and hard earned money we get to make educated decisions on which Transformers we buy next.

I ALWAYS look up a video review on an expensive figure I am looking to purchase.

THEY are the reason I bought Giant instead of Herc. And didnt buy countless figures I thought looked good, but they swayed me to wait...

Thank you to all the reviewers! :) 

16. DBagTron

DBagTron Well-Known Member

Skullface, Brave Toys, Breaux Max, TMan978, P4L, Lazy Aza, A3U

17. Extrazero

Extrazero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's review of the reviewers who I watch:

Peaugh - He was the first reviewer I actively started following. He may ramble, but I feel his reviews cover necessary bases are very honest. I appreciate that the does his best to showcase figures and highlight features. He's very much that everyman who wants to share his love and dedication of the hobby.

Shartimus Prime - I love Shartimus' enthusiasm. He brings so much fun and energy to the table while still delivering an objective review. I really wish he would do more Transformers...

Emgo -If there's one thing about Emgo, it's that his reviews are always consistent and he possibly does the best job giving any possible comparison of one figure to another. He's humorous, energetic, through and fun to watch.

TMan978 -A newer reviewer and good friend of mine; TMan is a guy you want to watch out for. He brings a lot of creativity to his reviews, brutal honesty, and is through without going overboard on time. He is always entertaining and does his best job at making good talking points on any figure he reviews. He's great at pointing out little details on a figure and things you might have missed. Check him out!

A3U Reviews-Their reviews have the best production values hand's-down--probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a TV show for reviews--I just wish they put out more content. They're great!

Vangelus-If it weren't for Thew, I'd say that Vangelus is the most entertaining reviewer on YouTube. His stop motion vids have been AWESOME. If he made shorts, I would watch the hell out of them. He's an incredibly talented guy, I wish he was able to pump out more reviews faster, but his quality is so high.

Bobby Skullface-I didn't get into his reviews until recently, but man do I enjoy them. The most brutally honest YouTuber, period. He's been a great influence for third party purchases and I like that he's incredibly objective. I appreciate the man's hustle, he's staying as up-and-current as the big dogs, trying to get those early releases and loans from other collectors. I really enjoy his skits too.

BensCollectables-Ben is always a joy to watch. He really does a terrific job showcasing figures, going over their detail, and I tend to really respect his opinions. He doesn't go on overly long in his videos, they're well shot, he's very to the point and very frequent with Transformers content. He's also so terrifically pleasant--dude is like the Bob Ross of Transformers reviewers.

Thew- Really now, who doesn't like Thew? You don't even have to be a collector to be entertained by the guy. I love how quick and quick witted his reviews are. He's probably one of the most entertaining guys on YouTube. I wish he, like Vangelus, was more up-to-date on his reviews, but he's always so on point with his humor and energy, that I don't mind.

18. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Mostly Emgo for me. Just because I find him to be the most entertaining. I think he is a little hard on HasTak product, and clearly favors 3rd party in most cases, but whatever. If I had the money I probably would too.

Optibotimus I generally only watch if I need help transforming back into alt mode. Or if he has a review up that nobody else has. In general I think he is a little longwinded and a bit to fanboy-ish, and honestly I don't like his ultra white background setup. It kinda hurts my eyes, especially when I watch on a real TV instead of an iPad etc.

I wish every reviewer disclosed how they got the figure (free sample, review sample they have to return, discount from on-line retailer, purchased at retail, etc). That would give the viewer a better idea of any bias they might have.

19. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The lack of love for Optibotimus is surprising. I started out with him, but I no longer watch him as there are far better people. The fact that he has almost as many subscribers as everyone else combined just utterly shocks me. IDK how he does that.

For me it's Emgo and Pheaug for reviews, Vangelus and Thew for a good time, and Thecollector75 and Ben's Collectibles for KOs.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I get slightly annoyed by Emgo sometimes especially when he gets repetitive but I do feel he's actually quite thorough. He is energetic and that is quite a plus for him. I sometimes watch his reviews when I wanna unwind a little.