Which origin do you like best?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jun 1, 2010.

?

Which do you like?

1. Quints

58 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Primus

122 vote(s)
    67.8%
  1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not saying I don't like Primus orgin but I like the Quints alittle more just because I like the story of Slaves Autobots and Slave Decepticons raise up to kick their "masters" off the planet...
    Well Primus is barely GOD...

Why can't we combine them?
    How about Primus was transformed in to a planet after the events that happened (Because I don't remember what the events were) and the Quints come along and take parts from the planet (Primus) to make Transformers!

2. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Primus origin, everytime!

I like the idea of a living God creating the Transformers from his very self. To me, it doesn't make the Transformers a religious society as such, they may have some kind of rituals or knowledge they can gleam from him/it ('The Datatracks Of Primus' anyone?). I don't think it would be a religious society as we have, which is largely based on faith that something other exists that gave us our morality.

And its quite easy to see a civil war developing out of these humble origins - quite apart from the resources issue, I'm sure there would be some amongst the Decepticons (notably Megatron) who wouldn't be prepared to sit around for milennia on the off chance some galactic threat *may* show up. His discovery of Cybertron's engines no doubt fuelled his idea that their destiny lay elsewhere.

The organic core thing. How to square that circle? Well, as Primus was imprisoned in organic matter (barren lumps of rock), its perfectly possible for Cybertron to have once contained organic life, as it evolved over time. Unicron himself stated in Marvel UK's Transformers #150 that it took a millenia to pysioncally shape his prison into its planetoid shape and further millenia to reconfigure this to be able to change into a form that resembled his old energy body.

I could never swallow the tentacled, cackling judicial enforcers and purported agents of Unicron (see: Transformers: The Movie) being the original inhabitants of a world that really wouldn't suit such bizarre looking lifeforms. I much preferred them as Unicron's enforcers, perhaps working for him to stave off their ultimate destruction at his hands (which he would).

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Subjugated doesn't mean created. Therefore it's not the origin, it's just part of history.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't need to read any further into the thread because this is just what I was going to say too:

5. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I'm no fan of the Quints, but their origin to me just makes more sense...

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your not getting it.

And I know full well what "subjugated" means.

And what I'm telling you is that The Ultimate guide tells us that the TF's were created by Primus and later "subjugated" by the Quints.

7. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    Don't really understand the Quint, so I'll go with Primus.
    Besides, you need someone who can go toe to toe with Unicron and not lose.

8. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Sto, I think you're both not getting each other's points. What you're saying is that the Ultimate Guide/Dreamwave origin was an attempt to combine the two origins, which is true. What Abrogate is saying is that, even though that's true, it was still Primus who created them in the DW continuity, not the Quints, which is also true. The two of you are pretty much arguing semantics.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Almost.

He claimed any attempt to combine the 2 would be fan fiction.

I pointed out The Ultimate Guide did combine the 2 at Hasbro's request.....so it was no longer fan fiction.

He then claimed that he didnt recall the guide trying to make 1 out of 2.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    It wouldn't be an internet debate without semantics :D 

11. Barberism

Barberism Reaper of Skulls

This is the origin I would like them to adopt.

Primus would still be a god insofar as he was the creator of the Transformers but he wouldn't be an omnipotent supernatural entity. That's the main problem I have with the Primus origin.

The Quintessons built Cybertron and Primus. But Primus was the being that gave them life and intelligence.

12. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

I prefer the combined origin. At the dawn of time, Primus slumbers in the planet(oid) that would become Cybertron, the Quintessons find, cyberform and occupy the planet and create the robots that would become Transformers. A light touch from Primus results in their sentience, evolution and rebellion.

>AM<

13. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    @Barberism: how then do you account for the Allspark? what is the Allspark's role in all of this?

@Angel Magnus: how could Primus touch his creation when he is supposedly sleeping? and if you mention, his energy touched them and the Cybertronians were created, how do you account for the fact that he slept so that his energy would be turned off so that Unicron would not be able to find him? also, while in planet mode and the Cybertronians already exist on him, what if Primus decides to take a dump?

14. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

I'm a comics fan first so I like the Primus origin.

15. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

primus also like TC i'm not a big fan of the quints.

16. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the comics/Primus origin better, but the Quintesson one is good too.

17. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Quintessons, The idea that a alien race created sentient robots is much more likley and realistic than Tfs are created by a Robot God who transforms into a Planet. Also some Quints such as the Bailiffs, Executioners and the other humanoid Quints are quite cool, i dont like squid version of the Quints.

18. Emperor Jeremy

Emperor Jeremy Active Member

Personally I like both origins. I prefer Primus definitely, without Primus you can't have the 13 Original Transformers.

19. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

sure you can. lets say the early cybretronians startet a war against their masters the quintessons. Only a few transformers survived, 13 of them were choosen to be their new leaders maybe because they where the ones who startet to obey the quintessons, so they are the heros = Prime. The Quintessons maybe created the Allspark too, as some kind of super weapon, the Primes protectet the Matrix.

20. JesterJJZ

JesterJJZ DM.net Stooge

I've always favored the Quintesson origin personally. The whole Primus thing reeks of religious stuff that shouldn't be anywhere near Transformers.

I wrote a whole synopsis of of my own Quintesson origin. I'll have to look for it, though it got a lot of criticism for being a little "different."