Which Online Store Store Do You Purchase 3P Stuff From the Most and Why?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Shmoptimus Prime, Nov 12, 2017.

?

Which Online Store Store Do You Purchase 3P Stuff From the Most and Why?

1. BBTS

51 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. The Chosen Prime

57 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. TF-Source

44 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. TF-Direct

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Robot Kingdom

6 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. ShowZ

58 vote(s)
    24.6%
  7. eBay

45 vote(s)
    19.1%
  8. Other (please say which!)

54 vote(s)
    22.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I like Show.Z, but the past couple of orders I have had to request tracking info many days after placing the order and then it seems to take forever for the items to arrive in the USA after that. I've never had a problem with them, just not the the quickest or easiest place I've dealt with.

2. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First order from ShowZ and it's taking forever... Even with EMS. Have a tracking number but no updates yet. Shipped on the 5th. Sigh... Should have just stayed US retailers

3. Datstro

Datstro Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Toybot Importz in Australia.

They've been reliable so far. Free shipping and regular sales which tick my boxes... plus free faction stickers.

If they get over enthusiastic and attempt to go international then I'll drop purchasing from them... that's what happened with premium collectables here who grew arrogant and over confident - they couldn't fulfill any orders since their pompous plans to go global... all that led to unfulfilled orders and a rapidly shrinking market share. All the BS about having this and that "team" to cover different parts of the business when everyone can tell it's a one man show with the occasional hired friend to help. It's incompetence to the extreme. If that Scott bloke worked for me, I would have performance managed his sorry arse and fired him.

4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TaoBao all the way. Cheap, fast and reliable. Generally get stuff as fast as or faster than western stores and no screwing around with the stupidly high international shipping costs of US shops. Plus the Chinese sellers receive stock weeks before any US retailer does.

• Like Like x 1
  5. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

6. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

Absolutely DO NOT recommend TFSource. Ordered a figure from them on Black Friday. They sent the wrong figure, then claimed they could not send the right figure. Then they just stopped responding to my emails.

Not reliable, and not worth the hassle when you have better retailers like ToyDojo, BBTS, and Chosen Prime.

7. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I order from TFSource and Captured Prey.
    I got fed up with BBTS' offputting customer service and slower shipping pace.

I'd order from CP alot more, if you didn't have to pay upfront for preorders.I LOVE their friendly customer service and fast shipping.

8. omgitstraxx

omgitstraxx Rad Brobot

Todojo or ShowZ

9. knightofmercy11

knightofmercy11 Well-Known Member

I've never really had any issue ordering anywhere, but I do find myself ordering mostly from The Chosen Prime. It's just top notch service all around, and on the odd times where I have wanted to get things shipped a certain way, they've always done so with no issue.
    Robot toy base is good too, though I've only gotten something from them once (shipping from that far just doesn't seem worth it..usually by the time I get it, the item's out somewhere that is closer to me) . But their customer service is great!

post edit; I guess I'm easy, though..never been unhappy anywhere I've ordered from aside from a minor gripe on getting a dented box for brawny via tfsource. But no worries!

10. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first choice is CapturedPrey. Great customer service, and the best (lowest) prices out there (on top of free shipping at $150).
    If they don't have a certain figure, or there's not enough there I want to get up to the $150 threshold, then I'll head to TFSource and drop the figure into my stack.
    Finally, if there's a better price on eBay, or one of those flash sales, I'll pick something up there.

11. MrOliveira

MrOliveira Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
  12. FlourscentMilk

FlourscentMilk Not Flour-Scent-Milk

This is a sorta unrelated question but what (if any) stores do stocktake sales?

13. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I've not heard of any of these places doing an inventory sale, which is what I think you're referring to, but I do know they occasionally do sales throughout the year, and of course, around Black Friday and Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jeng weng

Jeng weng Active Member

Robot toy base bc it is a glorious place that I miraculously found stock for a brand new quakewave despite halting production of it years ago (and yes it’s the toy colour) better yet it’s not overpriced(yes overpriced at 250 or even 500 for a preowned on eBay)
    Robottoybase ftw

15. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I used to be 100% loyal to showz, but lately I've been putting in some orders with Terry's TFS Club. He isn't good with communication cause it's a very small operation, but the prices are good and he gets stock just as quickly if not quicker. Still gonna mostly stick with showz though.