Which one do you prefer: Transformers Armada/Micron Legend or Mobile Suit Gundam SEED?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by YellowCorvette, Feb 27, 2021.

?

Which one of these 2 shows do you prefer?

1. Transformers Armada/Micron Legend

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I think both shows are equally bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Both are too different to compare with one another

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I like them both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Awaiting Legacy Armada Side-Swipe to be a thing

News Credits:
    Would it be fair for me to say that Armada/Micron Legend was basically the Transformers' closest equivalent to Mobile Suit Gundam SEED?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

When looking at both of these shows from a different POV, both shows actually have quite a bit in common:
    • Both Armada/Micron Legend and SEED are the first 21st century entries of both franchises.
    • Both shows are considered a remake of the original entry, adapted for modern audiences due to the similarities of the first half of the plot initially (Like how SEED was mentioned as a redo of 0079, or Armada as a redo of G1)
    • The story premise of both show initially matches the standard fare of their respective franchise, by featuring a conflict between two factions but introduces an original twist (The Genetic Co-Ordinator thing in SEED, the Mini-Cons in Armada)
    • As both shows continue, they manage to find their own identity and stand on their own due to the vastly different nature of the setting and its primary conflict in the second half of the storyline.
    • Both shows were a success commercially, to the point where they both managed to spawn televised sequels and manga/comic spinoffs.
    • As time goes on, both Armada and Gundam SEED are fondly remembered by a portion of their fanbase and the appreciation grows as time goes on (Like how fans demanded new toys based on the Armada designs at times, or how Bandai releases quite a lot of modern kits based on the SEED designs)
    • However, their base-breaking status still remains in their respective franchises, with vocal minority deems them (And the AU they belongs to) as awfully written heaps of garbage, only saved by cool mecha designs.
    • Both shows also feature their main protag mecha (Strike Gundam, Convoy) which combines with various add-ons for extra firepower; While they are designed as a homage to their original namesakes, they also have their own flairs that allow them to have a distinctive identity on their own.
    • When it comes to animation, both shows are "a product of their time" that shows their age in their original pre-HD Remastered state; With inconsistent animation quality that was riddled with not only animation errors but woefully frequent, badly-drawn artwork.
    • Toyline-wise, both were seen as a step-down when compared to toylines of their predecessor shows (Even if there are some diamond in the rough)
    • Last but not least, both show airs on TV around the same years as well (2002 - 2003).
    Out of these 2 shows, which one do you prefer?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't seen Gundam SEED (only seen IBO) and Armada/Micron Legend is a good show. So that wins by default.

3. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I hated SEED, but love Armada.

If I had any sense back when I watched it, I’d have dropped SEED instead of forcing myself through 50 painfully slow, frustrating episodes of bleh.

4. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Awaiting Legacy Armada Side-Swipe to be a thing

News Credits:
    For me, I do also has a slight bias towards Micron Legend, but there are also aspects of SEED that I think are done quite well; one thing I would give props to SEED over Micron Legend is that the english dub of SEED is certainly better and more polished than... whatever the rushed dub of Armada was.

Ironically enough, both also have followup/sequels that starts out promising but only ended up regarded as worse than their already flawed predecessors.

5. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

There both Mediocre but Seed is the Gundam’s Swordartonline.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Atharun18999

Atharun18999 Xantium Pilot

Seed > Armada. And no, the name is not from seed but I am a huge Gundam fan

7. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

How seed was able to compete with UC’s Level while UT failed which aligned was able to compete with the G1/BE.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  8. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

SEED, I hate minicons.