Which MP-styled Menasor is the best to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by cooler36, Jan 30, 2019.

?

Which MP-scaled Stunticons are for you?

1. DX9

24 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. Xtransbots

96 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Fanstoys

58 vote(s)
    26.5%
  4. All 3

11 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Transformission

30 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    XTB. FT's individual bots look good but IDK about the combined mode, and it's not worthwhile to buy each individual Stunticon for a price I could get two of XTB's for (aside from Motormaster).

• Like Like x 1
  2. cooler36

cooler36 ...

Bump with Gravestone.

3. XIVOLVE

XIVOLVE Well-Known Member

I have the Transformission IDW Menasor and it has the best Motormaster, the other figures are great as well which is why I bought the entire set.

I'd say that all three of these newer G1 Menasors are all very good, but I do have my favorites.

I'm already all in on the DX9 set. Aside from Motormaster, I really like all the Stunticon car bots (from all three companies TBH).

The best combined mode in my eyes is the Fans Toys, so I will be buying that one as soon as it is available, and I'll still keep my DX9 set to play with while my Fans Toys version is more a display piece.

4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a great poll question but kind of too early to call in some ways because FT hasn't released ANYTHING yet.

1. XTB is my first choice because both the car and robot modes are IN SCALE with the MP Autobot cars. Also cars are SMALLER than jets and construction vehicles which also means Menasor SHOULD be a little bit shorter than Superion and Devastator. That makes logical sense to me. XTB has also done a great job in both design, construction, paint, and overall quality with their releases so far.

2. DX9 has very solid releases so far. I would probably have gone with them but I don't like the larger size they went with. I do think they're well made and they've shown they can make a good combiner with UT Bruticus release. I think UT and DX9 have some sort of symbiotic relationship and share their engineering know-how.

3. Fans Toys has an un-proven record as far as combiners go. Their transformations are not enjoyable at all, though with most of their releases in 2018. So I am skeptical. I do like that their car modes are in scale with the MP Autobot cars. The robot modes are supposed to be taller. That's a bummer. But at least in combined mode, Menasor would look "right" to me. We shall see. If FT comes through, I may consider getting their Stunticons and have it displayed combined with XTB releases posed in their robot modes. Undecided on that.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

I am torn between X-Transbots and Fans Toys. I think Fans Toys very easily look the best(which is odd, as I usaully prefer X-Transbots’ designs). I do like the idea of the Stunticon carbots being the same size as the Autobot carbots. But the FansToys Stunticon cars look a lot better with Motormaster. So I’m still on the fence, but I think I’m leaning more towards Fans Toys.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    The TFM's version is the only one who doesn't look too G1, it actually looks cool, thank god for that!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

I personally prefer a G1 look for my MPs, but it doesn’t have to be slavish. I absolutely LOVE the look of the legs on TFM’s Motormaster.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

I'm surprised Havoc is so low on the poll.. he's a nice medium between movie detail and G1 asthetic.. his motormaster is just sexy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I plan on getting Havoc somewhere down the line. All of the G1 Menasors look doofy to me, but thats because G1 cartoon Menasor looked doofy. At least Fans Toys has an alternative configuration besides the G1, if I was still into MPs I'd favor that one over the others.

10. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    A big consideration is whether you care about the individual bots or just want a Menasor.

DX9 looks good combined, but his individual bots don't do it for me.

I like the look of FT, but his combined mode promises to be huge. I don't mind that his limb bots are taller than Autobot cars. I don't think that Megatron is all that egalitarian, making his followers the same height as Autobots.

11. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

3/4 of the damned things havent been released yet......

12. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I have to give credit to Transformission, because they made a Menasor that I liked. Liked a lot, AND I liked the Stunticons.
    And I do not like Menasor's design. I do not like the design of the stunuticons except Motormaster. But Transformission used the IDW designs, which are like the G1 designs except I like them. I have no nostalgia for anything. I am simply looking at them from a purely aesthetic point of view, purely subjective, and Transformission is FAR and away the winner.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    If only Transformission were Zeta combiner sized :( 

14. HaVaNa7

HaVaNa7 Active Member

Untill they don’t reveal how the transformation in Menasor works it’s hard for me to give a vote. Will be them all part-formers or they will work as g1 toy?

15. cooler36

cooler36 ...

I feel like you just described me. I don't give a damn about the cartoon designs. In fact, I utterly despise their plain, boring designs. So, TFM is my fave at the moment. Of the newer ones though, I like DX9.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

I have the Transformission set, excellent set, but now on the small side of the scale. I am buying all three sets and if Zeta produces one, I will buy that as well. I say buy what you like and can afford. With all the competition, you can display one in combined form, a set in bot mode, and a set in vehicle mode.

17. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

TFM gets my vote. Just simply evil looking.

18. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I'm in on XTB! I prefer the carbots to be the size of the Autobot carbots, although I do love the look of TFM's Drag Strip and Menasor!

19. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Psh, I'm getting them all.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Meh, I'm just going to buy 2 of XTB's (already four in now), most likely, if they don't F' it up, 2 of each for FT's, and I'm trying to find any reason not to give DX9 a try for one set. So, I've lined up the first two to buy when the price is right.