Which movie would you want a remake of?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by JetRaid, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a good Frankenstein. And not like the Robert DeNiro one either.

And while on that topic, Monster Squad could be pretty cool again, although I'd prefer the re-imagining route than a straight remake.

Remakes occasionally work, it's just that when we get movies being remade like a decade after the original comes out, or you know 500 horror movie franchises getting restarted, is when it gets crappy.

Also, I liked the TMNT cgi movie, but the script was a mess. It certainly had potential and looked pretty good too.

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    That's pretty cool - and I agree totally about a good Godzilla movie. Not that abortion that was the 90's American version either.

3. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    The Star Wars prequels.

4. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

they are both based on the same Historical events. but 300 is a fish tale version (It gets bigger with the telling) ... and " The 300 Spartans " is a more " traditional " view of it.. done on a hollywood backlot or something .. both are decent though.

I'd really like to see some remakes of some of the old sword and sandal epics.. like El Cid but done with modern technology.. wouldn't even really have to be remakes as much as new movies based on the same source material..

5. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

How about a reboot \ remake \ sequel for the longest running TV series of all time.

Doctor Who !!!

Anybody?!?

I know there is an awesome TV show right now, but I think the material and concepts would be epic for new movie franchise.

Otherwise, I agree with Turtles as well. But make them match the source material of the Mirage comics. R rating people. I want them killing the Shredder in the first 10 mins of the film like they did in the first issue of the comics. Finally I want them all in RED masks.

6. TILALLR1

I agree with this. Or they could just re-film all Anakin and Padme scenes (with new actors) and make Episode 2 Episode 1, Episode 3 Episode 2 and film an all new 3 called Empire Rising or something. We all want to see Vader killing some Jedi. The original Episode 1 getting canned of course.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

All of them. It'll happen eventually anways.

8. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love to see an accurate Dukes of Hazzard movie, not just Jackass meets American Pie. They should reboot the entire Superman Movie franchise also the old movie were god but the Superman Returns wasn't that great. Also I'd love to see a sequel to Michael Keaton's greatest movie ever Johnny Dangerously. I'd also like to see X-Men remade, that movie trilogy just wasn't my flavor, I meant it was a good trilogy but it could've been way better.

The prequels were meant to show you how and why this adorable little boy became this person embodying such great power and terror, and why the empire is such a big force to reckon with. It wasn't just "OOOH let's see a young vader killing Jedis" movie. I would have understood it they cut the first one down and then combined it with the 2nd movie, but I think that they should have show more of how they were able to conquer the universe pretty much

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Transformers

10. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    They don't need too much work as long as they make Anakin older, Jar Jar not as idiotic, and put some common logic in the actions of the characters.

Then again, the same thing could be said about any crappy movie.

11. TILALLR1

Ditto.

12. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I want them to redo Eragon. It was practically a separate plot line from the book.

13. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Troll 2.

14. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Out of all my problems with the prequels, the one I would change if I could only change one would be:

Padme's death...do NOT kill her off from a broken heart!! She has 2 babies to take care of now, yet she now has no desire to live? Lame.

I say let Anakin continue to choke her, make him truly responsible for her death...that makes the tragedy even darker.

Just my 2 cents, ignore as needed.

15. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  16. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World....and to a lesser degree Jurassic Park. they were good but the books were amazing and Spielberg lost a lot in translation.

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

You have to admit the kid is on to something, though.

18. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'm surprised that Nintendo haven't already jumped on the gravy train of bland CGI family movies, pretty much all of thier major franchises would work pretty well in the format and taking monies from that market is thier business thesedays.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

cuz maybe Nintendo is afraid that gravy train is on a one way track that leads to a brick wall? :lol 

but no, seriously, no more remakes, reboots are fine. like the batman reboot, or star trek. *or heck technically, star wars clone wars *the film* was a reboot... lol

but remakes... i'd much rather see a friday the 13th 11 then the same movie that came out 30 years ago...

seriously i am SICK of remakes. reboots are fine. remakes to me are not.

i am at the point where i won't even watch them any more.

20. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Miley as Peach thing is a typo is That girl play Mary Jane in the Spider-Man movies as Peach.