Which movie had the best final battle?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimus pryme, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    OMFG YES ALL OF THE YES

\m/

2. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Either the first one or RoTF for me. But I'll lean more towards the first one.

That was perhaps the only time when the Cons really felt threatening. Plus the scenes of them transforming and engaging amongst the busy cityscape was wonderful.

RoTF I liked for its sheer scale. Am a little biased here, but Devastator combining still remains my favourite scene amongst the movies, followed by the Forest Battle earlier on. I didn't mind his wrecking balls-ticles, but like many others, I felt the film's climax could have been better.

3. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Hell yea!

Instead of the Twins swinging around Devastator's arms, I would have liked them to try climb up via his legs. And Devastator just swings the balls to knock them off.

That would have been the funniest TF scene ever.

4. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I would say DOTM wins. Just the sheer scale in the middle of Chicago.

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Dark of the Moon. The scope was larger and it wasn't just about Optimus vs the bad guy. In TF1 it was Optimus vs Megatron in ROTF it was Optimus vs the Fallen in DOTM it was Sam trying to shut down the portal, the Autobots vs Sentinel, Optimus vs Sentinel and Optimus vs Megatron. Sure, there were military + Autobots vs Decepticon moments but, they were all working towards the goal of shutting the portal unlike the first film where there just seemed to be random battles going about. AoE was Optimus vs Lockdown and although well choreographed didn't have enough meat on its bones since Optimus was quickly in decapitated.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's a tough call because the big last battle in each film contains plenty of that's so awesome but also plenty of that's so lame.

I kind of like the first movie because Starscream gets to show off what a Transformer can do in the air vs human pilots. Running away when the battle looks lost and making for a set up for a potential sequel, that's just a Starscream type move. Megatron and Prime being totally equal that's pretty cool.

But then the first movie has shaky cam, too close cam, gritty dusty cam, and issue that kind of hurt getting a good look at the fights. Also not a big fan of eh let's kill off Jazz to kill a token Autobot or having Blackout taken down by humans.

Revenge of the Fallen. Just the worst. The only time when I've been so bored with an endless fight scene that I considered just leaving the theater instead of watching the whole movie. Also Devastator getting killed with one shot by a human super weapon that is never seen or heard from again is one of the most disappointing things Transformers has done.

Dark of the Moon had some cool things going in the last battle but with Bay running around with the rumor of it being his last film and that he thought the next Transformers movie would be a reboot you knew all the bad guys were going to die. No tension to the fight when you know the bad guys didn't really have a chance. Also super lame to have Sam kill Starscream instead of having Prime, Megatron, Sentinel Prime do it.

Age of Extinction. It was cool to see a take on the Dinobots in action but they were so over powered it was rather boring. Over powered Dinobots plus over powered Autobots vs some no name human made evil robots wasn't as fun as watching them go against something that would have had a chance of winning. Just too much canon fodder and while Lockdown was pretty darn cool there was no way he could beat all the movie was going to throw against him.

7. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

I will also go with DOTM. But honestly, all the final battles are exhuasting! The build up in DOTM's final confrontation is hindered by the whole "Driller vs. the building" sequence. It feels really drawn out!

The first movie is great, and despite both sides having smaller numbers, it felt very challenging for the heroes. Good tension, and Megatron seems very powerful in this movie vs the the sequels.

ROTF is another where if they trimmed down a good 30 mins before that battle, the movie could have been a bit better. But the whole running around looking for the Matrix was also kind of long. But I do enjoy Prime taking on Megatron and the Fallen at the same time. "GIVE ME YOUR FACE!!!"

AoE is obnoxious, and the stakes don't feel as high as the previous 3 films. The Dinobots are fun to witness in action, but considering the amount of screen time they get vs. the anticipation of waiting to see them, it squanders my enjoyment a little. AoE, like RotF is mostly viewed by skipping large parts of the movie just to get to the eye-candy.

8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Done with all the hate

I can find something to love in all of them, but for the best final battle... Hmm... I'd have to go with Dark of the Moon, which devotes time to the death of each major villain, from the main Decepticons like Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, and Shockwave, to the traitorous Sentinel Prime and even the human villain. There are tense moments, such as when Que is executed and Bumblebee is close to joining him or when it looks like Sentinel might just finish off Optimus, there are really good uses of the car aspect of the characters, like the Wreckers charging against Shockwave in vehicle mode and Bumblebee using the speed of his car mode to catch Sam, and heck, Megatron even gets a small moment of development, where after being pushed around by the Fallen and Sentinel Prime for two sequels, he finally gets to have his moment of glory, where he is in control. Granted, it lasts less than a minute, but you gotta give them credit for at least giving some acknowledgement to his villain decay. My one gripe is that not many protagonists other than Optimus, Bumblebee, and Sam get much to do. Que dies and Carly gets Megatron off his butt, but that's about it. I love Prime and Bee, but it would have been nice for, say, Ratchet or Sideswipe to have ended Starscream, or the Wreckers to have killed Shockwave. It's still a good battle and a fitting end to the first Trilogy of movies before we new AOE would be a thing. However, I do love the constant threat of the Pillars presenting an always clear goal for our heroes, completing the feeling of a fantastic climax of a movie.

Honorable mention to the first. The Decepticons feel like a genuine threat, especially when Megatron comes in and kills Jazz and still manages to overpower Optimus, and with Brawl refusing to lay down and die. It makes the Autobots seem more heroic, working together to throw everything they have at their enemies, with every character involved getting their own memorable sequence or sequences. Of course Optimus Prime and Megatron have their big fight, with Sam caught in the middle, Lennox has his big charge against Blackout, Starscream has one of the all-time greatest uses of the "vehicle" aspect of the Transformers by actually using his jet mode to launch a sneak attack on the human planes, Brawl has his own fight against Jazz, Ironhide, and Ratchet, Bumblebee and Mikaela have their own charge against Brawl on a tow truck, and even Frenzy and the supporting humans have a sequence in the Sector 7 base. It's just an all-out war that makes sure all the participants get at least one moment of glory before the movie ends. My one gripe is that Blackout doesn't really get much of anything to do aside from getting killed by Lennox on a motorbike, which is kinda sad when you consider the movie began with him ripping up a military base, not to mention Barricade is forgotten about entirely.

Sadly, Revenge of the Fallen's and Age of Extinction's aren't nearly as good. There are some good sequences, such as the actual combination of the Constructicons into Devastator and Bumblebee's quick brawl with Rampage and Ravage in ROTF, and the Dinobot charge as well as every line spoken by Hound and Optimus VS Lockdown in AOE, but it seems like in both of them, Megatron/Galvatron is an afterthought. No villain in ROTF puts up much of a fight, with Devastator getting beaten up by the twins and then getting shot off a pyramid, Starscream flying around doing who knows what, all the individual Constructicons other than Rampage being killed off without much of a fight, and the Fallen and Megatron getting their butts kicked by Jetpowered Prime in about a minute.
    With AOE, the final battle with Lockdown and the actual Dinobot charge/Bumblebee and Strafe VS Stinger are both good action sequences in spite of an instance of awful editing with Cade's stunt double showing up in a shot alongside him, but not even that or John Goodman as Hound are enough to distract me from the fact that the battle in the city is basically Hound and Cade shooting at stuff with the other humans laying around and Bumblebee showing up occasionally, or the hypocrisy in the way Optimus handles Grimlock or how pathetically easily he just takes control over the Dinobots.
    With both, there are good moments, but neither battle really compares to those in the odd-numbered movies in the franchise.

9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Definitely Dark of the Moon.

Honorable mention goes to the first film.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Dark of the Moon. It was, believe it or not, kinda emotionally charged, all out warfare, and had great action between the entire cast. The little scenes like Ratchet, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and Dino charging alongside Lennox, Epps, and Sam, or the Wreckers and soldiers taking on Devcon, or the Autobots and humans VS Sentinel were just golden. By the time they launched the Tomahawk missiles, it really felt like nothing was being held back.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie 1. All of these are not very coherent, and this one didn't show enough robot action, but at least it wasn't dragged out more and more and more which is what happened with every movie after.

12. waltyftm

waltyftm Walk on

Age of extinction is my choice, loved every bit of it.

13. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Absolutely revenge of the fallen!! OP taking names and kicking ass!! Showing everyone what it means to be a prime!!

14. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't it stated in the film (or at least heavily implied) that merging the Allspark with Megatron's spark wasn't a guaranteed kill, and that it could have supercharged him with unimaginable power instead?

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Not that I recall. I don't believe there was ever anything specifically said about Megatron merging with the Allspark in any way.

16. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I believe you're thinking of the Griffith Observatory scene where Ratchet mentions that "the Cube is raw power," but he also expands upon that thought by clarifying that merging it with Prime's spark was "suicide" and could even kill Optimus AND Megatron.

17. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I've seen the first film countless times and it always seems like when Sam merges the Allspark with Megatron he starts to do an evil laugh like he now has a bunch of power and then it suddenly turns to "oh crap" and he dies.

18. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Wuz crackin’ lil bitches

Even though I hate the ending of TF1 I think I'm at a tie between it and DOTM. Both did have some pretty cool scenes.