Which is the best 3P Devastator in terms of quality and build?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by FightingRooster, Mar 27, 2019.

1. LazyAza

LazyAza Ehhhhh

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Probably a very high chance we're going to see a devastator from either FT or MMC or another company that vastly outclasses Constructor (and gts and all those kos) in all respects within the next three-four years.

So if anyone has patience and they don't need a big cool Dev nownownow I do think that patience is going to pay off. I can certainly be glad to wait a few years if I have to see another crack at him be made.

This is exactly why I bought the G2 version of Constructor and not the G1, because even at the time (and I came late to the toy) I could already see he had many flaws, many compromises, many aspects a future design could theoretically address and do a hell of a lot better. And I wouldn't want to feel like I wasted my money on the g1 version when that day comes, so the g2 seemed the more sensible purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

Be nice to have a poll on this... but I'll vouch for Maketoys, with Toyworld being a close second.

3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Yea, I got the ko GT one made by Daban and it is very fun / good for the value which is 150$ in all 3 modes. Not the best quality in bot mode, but not bad, and combined mode is stable like original. The os jinbao yellow one is probably another great one for the money. My 2 year old sold loves it too, for the alt modes though, so i can always give it to him if i get better one day, and it wouldnt have costed me too much.

But I wouldn't waste 500$ on current devastators if I wanted mp / g1 / QC / look in all 3 modes... as LazyAza said, wait for another like ft or mmc or Xtransbot for a few years to get to it for a real MP version of it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  4. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Which Superion is that?

5. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Jujiang Jet Commander. It's an oversized reengineered version of CW, figures are MP scale. Very cool the set runs about 120$ on Ebay.
    20190612_121641.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

I bought both the v2 G1 green and the v2 v2 yellow Constructor, and yes it 3 or five years Fans Toys and Takara may make a better definitive Devastator, and I will buy it, but I will own Constructor for at least five years if not more.

7. Marthor

Marthor Energon Surplus

I just recently got back into Transformers with the siege line. I have ordered and Omega Supreme and have spent the past couple hours researching and watching videos to get the best Devastator. I have decided on the JinBao oversized version which looks to be in good scale with siege Omega Supreme to me and based on everybody's reviews.

My real question here is about the robot modes of the Constructicons. If I got a much cheaper Weijiang Hercules, would those robots modes be good scale with Siege size Decepticon Robot modes. So I can afford to get this in addition to the JinBao, and that way leave Weijiang Hercules Constructicons in robot mode and then leave JinBao Devastator all attached in the JinBao version. That way Jinbao is in scale with Omega Supreme, but I still have the Constructicons robots to use in action figure mode.

Thanks for any help. I've been looking for a robot mode comparison of the Constructicons compared to the other offering robot-mode Constructicons and can't find any comparison pictures. If someone had WeijiangHercules Constructicons and JinBao Constructicons in robot mode next to each other that would be exactly what I've been looking for and if they where compared to Siege Megatron.

Everyone's been talking about the scale of Devastator, but my main question is the scale of the Constructicons robot modes. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  8. Piccolo17

Piccolo17 Well-Known Member

Just finally picked up Constructor after having it on my to get list for a few years. Having messed around with a few of the other offerings from other companies I can say this is the best one I have handled. In a few years FT may take a crack at Devy and that might force me to have a 2nd set of the team for my shelf, not really something I will stress out about now.

9. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Just want to give some love for Jinbao OS Gravity Builder. Add the upgrade kit for the g1 head and stability parts, and you have what is easily my favourite version of devastator. Granted, I don't own constructor, but OS GB has a certain something about it, and I'm in no rush to swap him.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  10. blurr95

blurr95 Well-Known Member

I have the Jinbao devastator with the upgrade kit. I think it looks great. I am leaving it in combined mode and don't plan to mess with it to much. I also ordered the torso extension and stabilizer set from ultraman zoffy earlier today. Looking forward to getting that. With zoffy's kit and the upgrade kit, that puts his height about the same as Constructor. That will match Zeta's Bruticon and Superitron, and should match Fanstoys Menasor.

Jason

11. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

Kubian makes a downscaled KO of Combiner Wars Devastator that works well - see
    KO CW Devastator (Downsized confirmed) The individuals are deluxe size, and the combined mode is the same size as the CW combiners.

12. Dargelos

Dargelos New Member

Ebay:
    Hands down the best version for me is the original Generation Toy Gravity Builder. Owned TW Constructor for some time and got curious.

1.) GT blew me away with their transformations... I mean the amount of engineering that went into the details is dazzling.

2.) The QC was solid each time I went through my two sets. I didn't even need to install the spare parts.

3.) I love to customize and weather my models down. In this regard the GT original mold offers so much detail once you apply some dirt wash and varnish.

4.) Never been a fan of the Add-On Kit or the G1 look, but you can achieve it with the kit to some extent or go for the OS KO version. But why should devastator should be that big in comparison to other MP-scaled models? I understand that a lot of collectors love equal scaling... but in terms of suspension of disbelief: Two parts of Devy are a Long Haul Truck and a Mixbarrel Truck which differ tremendously in sizes irl....just sayin

5.) Have you seen TW Constructor's face? MF looks like Count Chocula xD

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Well-Known Member

Posting here for posterity - Got this photo from TransFans FB page, showing the height of every Devastator (numbers denote height in CM):

TransFans

All Devastators.jpg

Front Row (from right to left):
    1. G1 (with add-on kit) - 23cm
    2. G1 - 20 cm
    3. BHX Hulkie 1:1 KO - 19cm
    4. MechFansToys Hulkie 1:1 KO - 19cm
    5. YueXing Hulkie OS KO - 23cm
    6. WeiJiang Hulkie OS KO - 25cm
    7. Maketoys Giant Type 61 - 28cm
    8. TFC Hercules - 32cm
    Back Row (from right to left):
    1. KBB Combiner Wars Undersized KO - 31cm
    2. Generation Toy Gravity Builder (Green Shadow Clear Version) - 38cm
    3. Daban Gravity Builder 1:1 KO - 38cm
    4. Hasbro Combiner Wars - 44cm
    5. JinBao Gravity Builder OS KO - 45cm
    6. JinBao Gravity Builder OS KO G2 Colours (with leg extensions and add-on kit) - 48cm
    7. ToyWorld Constructor - 51cm

• Like Like x 9
  14. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

TFC Hercules!