Which combiner should FT do next?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Korgunaard, Jan 6, 2020.

?

Which combiner would you like to see next from FansToys?

1. Abominus

11 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Bruticus

17 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Computron

18 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. Defensor

51 vote(s)
    33.8%
  5. Devastator

42 vote(s)
    27.8%
  6. Predaking

12 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Defensor and then Computron, my two favorite G1 combiners. Superion is ok, but he was my least favorite of the autobot combiners.

• Like Like x 1
  2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    WTF do people like Defensor so much? He was the one i never cared for. He was the ONLY one i never cared for or took seriously, that i simply didnt feel had a story or looked remotly interesting...

Anyways, dont know which to pick. Devastator or Bruticus... or Predaking or Abominus... LOL

I guess Bruticus cause i really dont have ANY in any form yet, whilst i do have a CHUG Devastator and Predaking. Also, Bruticus always been my favorite.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Can I say none? I'd rather they do single figures or actually produce some of their massive backlog of figures. Combiners are awesome but they take a whole lot of time and resources to come to fruition. In my opinion that time and those resources could be better spent elsewhere. I'm probably still down for whatever they make but combiners are pretty low on my list of priorities.

edit: If I have to choose 1 from the list it would be Abominus, love me some Abominus!

• Like Like x 1
  4. emporio80

emporio80 Well-Known Member

either devastator or defensor, i am already satisfied with zeta's bruticus and superion

5. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Defensor probably is the most boring G1 combiner... :rolleyes2 

While I think FT are the perfect company for an amazing Abominus - just imagine 5 FT Terrorcons in beast mode :drool:  - I'd probably first want to see their take on Devastator. TW Devy is fine, sure, but FT could easily outdo Constructor.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure they'll do whichever one they want next. They probably already know which one (or more likely two) they're going to do next.

7. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After the Stunticons I think the onus will be on Fanstoys to go a step further - give us a Groove and Blades that work as part of the combined form, have similar robot sizes BUT THEY SCALE IN ALT MODE.

:confused2 

8. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He completes Season Two. For many collectors, it's almost a "need" more than a "like".

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about they first finish one?

So far they have only released combiner members but nothing that can combine. How they will handle in hand combined is still up in the air.

If the question was about combiner members, I would vote for the Terrorcons.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

I am certain it will be amazing. I feel like I know what is coming and the armbots will not have the amount of diecast that Spoiler and Goose have. I am wondering why their Wildrider isn't up for Pre-order yet.

11. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I picked Devastator but the reason would be to display them in bot mode. We just don't have an good G1 bot mode representation. ToyWorlds are ok and what I use now but I could easily change them out (if I could bring myself to buy ANOTHER Constructicon set o_O )

I never got into Defensor either. It was such a "meh" character in the show with no personality for the combined mode or more importantly the bots. I can tell you what each member of all the other teams is like and describe how he acts and thinks. Not these guys though. They almost feel like cardboard characters or that GI Joe guy that is wearing a generic uniform with no "code name" or anything in the background of the early episodes.

I think only First Aid ever got an episode for himself and everyone else just had nothing for character development. We got that development for the Aerialbots, Stunticons, Combaticons, you name it. The Protectobots just came out of nowhere in an episode and didn't get any introduction or set up of who they were or acted or whatever...it was hard for me to care about them at all.

• Like Like x 3
  12. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

20200107_171730.png

• Like Like x 3
  13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Dreadwing. (Because I trust FT to do the alt-modes a whole lot better than the Frankenjets KFC is making).

• Like Like x 2
  14. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Computron/Abominus

Sorely needed. All available options are not MP style in any way and they also happen to be horrible.

15. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    not a fan of the TFC Sinnertwin, I take it?

16. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    I wanted to vote NONE, as we really need to get CHOMP out to finish off the Decepticon Headmasters (other than Scorponok of course), and then Blitzwing and Astrotrain.

But, Devastator got my vote as I want a bot mode set to go with Constructor!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Aaronstampler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I haven't read all of the IDW comics, I'm only up to MTMTE 44 in chronology, but from what I read so far, only First Aid and maybe a little bit of Streetwise got featured, and Streetwise wasn't very smart, ironically enough. So yeah, the others are a blank slate, especially compared to their rivals, the Combaticons, who all have rich, defined, distinct personas.

18. Aaronstampler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    the only way for that to happen is for Groove the bot to just change into a leg and then for them to throw in a tiny ass partsforming motorcycle that changes into a gun or some chest decoration or something.

19. Aaronstampler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm in this line. I mentioned it above but really the combiner team I'd like to see FT tackle the most would be Raiden just because no one has done them yet, but mostly I want them to do figures in MP scale that aren't anywhere on the market, whether that's the Fembots, Brainstorm/Highbrow, the targetmasters minus Pointblank, Alpha Trion, Scorponok, Getaway, Nightbeat, etc.

20. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I actually had to google that to see what it is.

Cool if that is something people want in their collection, but that is not MP at all.

• Like Like x 1