Which color scheme for KFC Dikta do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Nighthawkblack, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Which color scheme do you prefer for the upcoming release of this toy?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2017.
  1. LEFT, lighter beige and lighter purple

34 vote(s)
    79.1%
  2. RIGHT, darker beige and darker purple

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed at the current test shot, review sample color schemes for one of my favorite character and hoping it changes for production. Not sure if the decision is already made by KFC. Seeing that XTB's Eligios purple was lighter than what I thought it would be, I'm still hoping. I wanted start a short duration simple poll for the fandom to see which a majority prefers. Borrowing the pic on the left from TFCON posted by TFW 2005 and the one on the left from TCracker.

kfc dikta.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hate the one on the right. The darkness, the nipples, the face

3. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer the lighter purple and white face on the left. To be fair, purple is a notoriously difficult colour to nail- it doesn't photograph well. I just googled for G1 Blitzwing, and the result usually matches the figure on the left, but other times it comes it comes across as a more grapey purple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't care for the purple face- I like the white one better, but hopefully they'll provide an extra.

From what I can tell, the left is more toony and the right is more toy.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the colors of the test shot look fine if they can make the face and the upper legs silver. I know it sounds kind of crazy for a $150 purchase to hinge on one thing, but I don't think I can buy it if it only has a purple face and no white or silver face. The other two included heads look fun but I don't think I will ever use them.

5. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I think since you have options in the pipe (FT, DX9, this one and who knows who else) there is nothing wrong with being picky at this point. If the face doesn't look right, you lose the character attachment. I'm hoping this will be fixed up but if it's not, I'll wait for FT's and then decide which I like best. Not to mention, this isn't the first time KFC/Xtrans offered a render that was WAY off from the end product. I think it's fair to be wary at this point, especially since the test shots are so clearly different.

I know some people collect these and like toy accurate to the old G1 stuff. I prefer it to be toon accurate to the show (not saying plain toon accurate, that's another animal all together and it sucks).

6. BlitzKing

BlitzKing Gold Member

Ebay:
    It would also be good if they could put the lighter colour through his waist like in the original render (toon and toy also). it just needs more colour to break up all that purple.

Probably asking way to much but I would absolutely love it if they could put the grey stripes on the top of his wings too.

• Like Like x 2
  7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Hey, you're the BlitzKing. I think you should absolutely get what you want! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  8. sndwv

sndwv Well-Known Member

Yep, lighter colors, purple chest panels, white or silver face, white waist. Lose the ab detailing. Basically the cartoon accurate render...

9. robh

robh Decepticon

purely colors, I'd go with the one on the right with a white or silver face. I prefer the colors on the right, but the purple face is bleh.

10. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I honestly think we'll get at least the toon face in the final product.

I'm also hoping that Reprolabels or Eness will do a G1 sticker sheet for Ditka. I've been cool towards recent Repro offerings, but the sticker set for Gewalt really improved his look by leaps and bounds. I'm betting that such a set would do the same for Ditka (regardless of the final shade of purple/tan), especially in plane mode. Those outward-arrow wing stickers ... that's Blitzwing!

11. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

If the numbers stay like this and its a good guess at the market, why would they release the toy colors version first? Well its more like they teased the toon and stuck the toy version in the box. I really hope they adjust the purple and beige mix for the production run. If you had purchased from an etailer and not been on a forum, you would be pretty angry to preorder off the render and get the toy version.

Part of my issue with the toy colors is he looks devoid of life and character. It really looks like a toy versus a an animated character, no pun intended.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I prefer the color scheme that makes him a little shorter...

;) 

PS...give home a light silver face while you're at it. Thanks.