Which catastrophe would you like to have seen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jan 13, 2013.

?

Which catastrophe would you like to have seen?

1. Megatron raising a new army (the first film)

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. The sun being harvested (ROTF)

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Human slaves on Cybertron (DOTM)

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. The Earth cracking apart (DOTM)

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Bay seems to put the Decepticons into half-victory before sending in Autobots to kick their skidplate:
    - ROTF had the Fallen start up the solar harvester, which was to drain the sun’s energy (according to Megatron, it would provide more energon for the Decepticons, with the added bonus of wiping out humanity), before Optimus was empowered by Jetfire.
    - Then in DOTM, the Earth submitted to Decepticon rule and enslavement, the point of which was to acquire resources (ie slaves) to rebuild Cybertron.
    Cybertron, as per Sentinel’s plan, was to be shipped through the space bridge pillars into Earth’s proximity, which WOULD consequently have caused the Earth to break apart like an egg. (Since it was mentioned in DOTM’s adaptation, I think it can count.)

The first film I can’t really call catastrophic, because it now sounds very natural due to the franchise bringing Transformers to life here and there (post-2007, ANIMATED had Wreck-Gar, Soundwave, the Constructicons and the Seekers – in PRIME Cliffjumper was brought to undead life, which was a creepy but nice twist on the concept). Still, I’m putting it on the poll.

My vote goes to the Earth cracking apart, as it’s the most frightening. It actually lends credence to the slavery: with the Earth destroyed, its dentizens would be condemned to their new life as slaves on Cybertron. It makes sense in the physics sense of things, despite what Sentinel said about defying physics – you can find a loophole to physics, but you can’t cheat them (debated ad nauseam on this board). And please, how can you not want to see MBay tear the world apart: tidal waves, earthquakes, and Bayruptions (a MBay-directed volcanic eruption) all over, with probably only security afforded to Con-present populated regions. It’d be :bay .

As for the other choices: the sun being harvested doesn’t sound right (way to go Orci and Kurtzman for trying to use CHANGING GEARS as a plot element). And the slavery sounds awful but it didn’t really have any finality - NEST and the military were still heading to Chicago to stop the Decepticons, and I can totally see a TERMINATOR-esque future occurring (man vs machines, only it’s the Decepticons instead of Skynet).

What do you think?

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Definitely the Harvester.

Sure, Sentinel could have twiddled his thumbs and popped on his sunglasses while his pillars turned off the anti-gravity, causing Cybertron to rip Earth to pieces, but the Harvester is hands down the most devastating. It's not just affecting a mere planet, it's not just giving Megs a new army.

I mean, it destroys an ENTIRE SUN. That sun provides life to near every damn thing on Earth, and it provides stability and orbit to every planet in its range.

The pillars or the Allspark screw over Earth. The Harvester screws over the entire Solar System.

3. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

The harvester. I always wondered what it wouldve been like if our sun was destroyed by the harvester. Besides how many movies have showed the earth cracking or humans being enslaved? Not to mention countless bad guys raising new armies.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely the sun being destroyed/drained - its a concept simple yet effective. It would not be an imminent destruction of the Earth scenario as it would have plants and animals die out first before humans do and it would take 8.5 minutes before the planet would notice the sun was not there. Then it would be darkness.

As the plants and animals start to die out i can see the Autobots trying desperately to repair the planet and take survivors off planet (Probably to a space station they build) The Fallen and most of the Decepticons would have the means to get off planet however many of them would be left behind in the insuing chaos.

I feel the sun harvester would be used to give 'The Fallen' powers that rival a god or 'the Allspark' which he would probably use to bring Unicron into our dimension - allowing for the possibility of a human colony in space being protected by the Autobots - which would include humans better into the story than just having them be included because they saw a transformer or something ><

Being honest also the other scenarios have been over-done a lot before;

Megatron raising a new army (the first film) - Terminator
    The sun being harvested (ROTF) - Knowing (Sun explosion) Hellboy (Sun being used as a portal) - Not sure if Sun draining has been done before
    Human slaves on Cybertron (DOTM) - Human slaves in Terminator factories
    The Earth cracking apart (DOTM) - Every earthquake film ever made

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Megatron raising his army of Decepticons by far.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd have liked to have seen Megatron raise an army and enslave Humanity and set them to work restoring Cybertron. To get the energy and resources for this he'd have cracked Earth open and also harvested the Sun.

Put all that in one movie and we'll see how things go. :) 

Of course when the Autobots finally defeat the Decepticons there'll be no Earth for Humanity to go back to and no Sun to give it life and energy even if Earth had survived. But it's only Humanity, so fuck those guys. Humans will just have to live on Cybertron with their new Autobot masters. Or build a ship and find a new planet. I'm sure there's a lesson to be learnt in there somewhere.

7. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Facebook and Google destroyed by Decepticon attacks.

8. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

The Harvester. That has to be my favorite thing out of ROTF, that and Megatron's design.

9. shocky the spy

shocky the spy Zaku Pilot

Earth blown up, Bay style!!!

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Now that we know there will be another trillogy, a great jumping off point would have been Cybertron cracking Earth/making it slowing uninhabitable and Cybertron being destroyed by that feedback vortex.

Then Movie 4 starts with the Earth in a state of heading towards a Mad Max future, and the Autobots, now pariahs in hiding even though they tried to help. Furiously trying to fix another dying planet they had a hand in while the little groups of Cons left on the planet are hitting every tech source they can find to try and build ships off the planet. Finish it with a mentally defeated Prime getting a visit from a Movieverse version of Vector Prime.

Then movie 5 can be "Search for the Time Travel Macguffin" that the Quintessons just happen to have. Movie 6 ends with Vector and Optimus crashing Megatron and Sentinel's secret meeting on Cybertron with a tag team match between the four bots. With Movie 1 Megatron and Sentinel dead, Earth and Cybertron are restored and the war is effectively ended.

Maybe Optimus can be mortally wounded, and we have a Young Spock meets Spock Prime moment between Optimus and Orion Pax. Optimus will tell Orion something, then die and fade from existence. Then the movie finishes with a bunch of no-name bots rebuilding Cybertron, and Orion with Cybertron versions of Ironhide, Jazz, Bumblebee etc. looking at a hologram star map of Earth and the crash site of the AllSpark.

That leaves the series open for more down the road, or ends it with a "happy ending".

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I actually rather like this idea.

12. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    The Harvester, it'd be the most catastrophic.