Which Bungie game series do you like more? Destiny or Halo?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Megatronus the Fallen, Jan 30, 2017.

?

I know Bungie has more games, but I narrowed it down to the 2 most popular. Which do you like more?

1. Destiny series

27.8%
  2. Halo series

72.2%
  1. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Which Bungie game series do you like more? Destiny or Halo?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Halo is totally better in every way compared to destiny.

Destiny is the most disappointing game I ever played. No story, grinding loot is a pain in the ass, super repetitive and a failure in every way. I spent $100 on the game at releases. It's b.s that day 1 adopters are punished and have to spend $110 dollars on all of the dlc when you could just have waited 2 years and get everything for $60 or less.

3. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Halo. Never played Destiny.

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I think bignick reads my mind because I was totally going to say the same thing.

Destiny and The Division are two games that disappointed me in this generation.

All hail Halo!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Marathon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overall, I would say Destiny. I played every major Halo with the exception of part 5 and I still accumulated more time in Destiny during the year and a half that I played it daily. However, I am DONE with Destiny, so, while I will have fun eventually playing Halo 5 and sequels, I will no longer be enjoying Destiny. I just can't ignore how much fun I had playing Destiny and all the abilities and skills that made it feel more unique. Also, I had a great team of people to play Destiny with which makes HUGE difference. The problem with Destiny that stops me from playing it is just that it's a very needy game. That's fine if you have the time, but I can't spare that sort of time anymore.

7. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube (Legacy):
    Haven't played any Halo game so my pick is Destiny. Started with the Taken King to play with my brother who started in Y1 and I haven't stopped since. It's my go to game when I have time and likely will remain so until Destiny 2 drops. I still find it very entertaining and am happy my brother talked me into to it. Like any game it's not perfect but like any game it was made to occupy your time and it does that perfectly haha.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    5+ years ago I would have said Halo. Hands down. But since Bungie has moved on the Destiny, Halo just hasn't been the same. Destiny all day long, for me.

9. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    I like both. But overall I like destiny more because of the better multiplayer opportunities and more smaller features in the game that are cool.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Destiny by a mile. especially after the dlcs were added. Halo was fun the first couple times, but that's about it

11. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

As someone's who's been a fangirl not just of the Halo games but of the franchise itself, and all the lore and characters that compose it, I have to say Halo.

It's a story with 8+ games, dozens of books, an animated series, and several live-action films to give it heart, soul, and backbone, and it's been with me since I was a very small child.

I have an emotional attachment to the characters and setting in the Halo universe which Destiny can't even come close to matching, as interesting as it is on its own.

Maybe when Destiny's been out as long as Halo has now, and has numerous sequels, spinoffs, and loads of outside media representation, my feelings will be different.

12. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    halo. i don't enjoy destiny one bit......

13. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    I like both for different reasons. Although I do find myself play halo way less after Reach.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    It might be me but I do not see Destiny as a series rather I see it as a single game with a number of expansions .

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad you like the universe and stories of Halo, but the games, which is most important to me, are fairly empty storywise without all the supplementary media. So, I can't really credit the games themselves for good world building or storytelling. I really wish the games had more content.

Don't get me wrong, Destiny's story fell short to, but I kept coming back for the team gameplay and loot.