Which 6 Alternators are left for 2006?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sonscreen, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

At Botcon 2005, Hasbro revealed that 2006 would have 6 new molds and 4 redecos. It’s assumed that Optimus Prime and Mirage are 2 of the 6 new molds and Ricochet and Rollbar are 2 of the 4 redecos. I’m trying to think of who the rest could be. Here are my guesses:

New #1 Ironhide
    New #2 A “seeker” jet probably Starscream first
    New #3 Soundwave
    New #4 Megatron
    Redeco #1 Stunticon repaint of the Mustang or RX-8
    Redeco #2 Ultra Magnus repaint of Optimus Prime

My line of thinking is that Hasbro has used quite a few of the G1 or iconic characters. The only ones left would be mostly Decepticons. Though this is wishful thinking on my part, so far the Decepticons are all remolds. I’m also expecting one new car company to sign on like Nissan or Mitsubishi. If those “Road Bots” can get a license then so can Hasbro.

Please try to keep your responses in a similar format.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I think Hasbro said on their website that there have been no plans to make a Megatron Alternator...but I hope that's a fib to keep things under wrapps. I'd love to have a Megatron Alt.

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I doubt we'll see Megs, SW or any seekers in the Alt line. Well maybe SW, but the seekers and Megs will probably be saved for the G1-esque redo (fill-in) line that was mentioned at the last Botcon.

I'd still like to see an Ironhide, hopefully before Prime comes out in local stores so I can pass on the custom I was thinking of doing. As far as Stunticons go, I've got all 4 now (I'll be posting some pics in the kitbash forum in the next few days) so I'll probably pass on those if they come out... unless they kick some serious arse.

I'd like to see Motormaster repaint of OP though. And I wouldnt mind seeing a Hoist or Grapple, possibly Rachet would be cool too. For Decepticons, they could possibly do some of the 2nd tier Seekers (ie Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet) as a supercar of some sorts since they wouldnt really make sense as anything less... that IS if Hastak does anything that makes sense.

4. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Hmm... so 4 new molds and 2 redecos left

For new...any of these

Sludge
    Slag
    Swoop
    Snarl
    Shrapnel
    Kickback
    Bombshell
    Perceptor
    Ironhide
    Red Alert
    Bumblebee/Cliffjumper
    Trailbreaker
    Soundwave
    Runabout
    Runamuck
    Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime
    Any Defensor vehicle bots

For redecos..

Dodge Ram repaint -- Motormaster
    Scion -- Perceptor or Trailbreaker

I think Decepticons deserve better treatment.. Let them get 2 first new molds.

5. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see Prime repainted/remolded into Motormaster.:) 
    And a Megatron Alt. should finally come as I think Prime/Ginrai would probably tip the scales of the Alt/Binaltech war storyline.

I just want to see new Decepticons....so far the ratio is what now? 3 to 1 Autobot to Decepticon?

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on a Skids repaint of some kind. Not really sure who it'd be though. Might make a good Ratchet with a new head.

And I've also mentioned my idea of a Prowl-Red Alert repaint before. White and red, or red and white with a red Sideswipe head, and you gotta a decent Red Alert.

7. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Its also possible that Skids and Sunstreaker are counted towards the group for 2006. In which case we have 3 new molds and one redeco left.

I imagine the redecoes will be of the RSX and (if Sunstreaker isn't counted), the Scion

As for the three/four new molds, who knows, But I believe Vector Prime hinted at the possibility of a Female Alternator awhile ago.

And put me down for more Decepticons too. 3 to 1 is so unfair it ain't funny.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    what i'd like to see:

Megatron - Urban camo Humvee
    Trailbreaker - Black Humvee Redeco
    Hoist - Repaint (green) of Prime
    Blaster - New truck mold in red with yellow parts as well.
    Soundwave - Repaint of Blaster

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I could've sworn it was 6 new molds, and 5 repaints...

Skids, Mirage, and Prime are the new molds this year.

Sunstreaker, Rollbar, and Ricochet are the repaints.

That means 3 new molds, and 2 repaints. I'm not even gonna try to guess the new molds as they could end up being any car or any character. Thing is, I would've expected to see repaints of at least Skids, Prime, and Mirage as they are the earliest of the new molds. The repaints of the other three new molds would not be out until '07. So which two of the three will we see repaints of? We also haven't had a repaint of Prowl yet either..

You know what. This makes my head hurt. Too many possibilities. I'm just gonna wait until we see some prototypes and judge by the heads who they are.

10. x0x_chrome_x0x

x0x_chrome_x0x Chronical collector

11. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I really hope we get more decepticons.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Three years into the line, I'm still waiting for my damn Hot Rod Alternator. I'll take a remold of Mirage, I just want my favorite character to get his Alternator already.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I wonder if this year, we'll get motorcycles, or any other non-car alt modes.

14. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

All this speculating is really frakin boring. I truely yurn for the days when I could get excited by a leaked image or ebay proto sell and build anticipation for the new mold. When doing a line with 10 toys or less a year you need those leaks and new shots slowly trickling in to build excitement. Heres to HasTaks's lockdown. BLEH!

15. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I figure/hope we can rule out seeing the WRX, Viper, Jeep and Vette molds yet again. I still say a red Mustang, convertible or not, is at the top of the list of remaining molds to get used a third time. Other than that, I'd hope for a sirenless RSX and a GT repaint.

No fucking clue as to the remaining three new molds.

16. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's safe to say that we'll see repaints of the Acura and the Scion. As to who they are, your guess is as good as mine.

And for the three or 4 new figures, I still put a little stock in the Hummer rumor since it's about as old as the Ram and we got that. I'd like to see a car picked for the bummblebee/Cliffjumper characters. And I think it'd be cool if we go a Decepticon only figure of Runabout and Runamuck. (since they're in the new comic as main characters) :) 

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm always forgetting to actually answer the original questions in threads :banghead: 

As for what I'd like to see, my opinion id pretty broad, I'd take any of these:

Remolds:
    Ram- Morotmaster or Sludge
    Acura- Wildrider, Breakdown, or Soundwave (That hooded chest made the decision for me...)
    Scion- Perceptor, Brawl or Ratchet

New Molds:
    Any of the Dinobots
    Ironhide
    More Combaticons
    Rest of the Stunticons!!!!

18. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I'm just going by this post awhile back.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost1141663-p1.html

TriBlurr brings up an interesting point. That would stink if Skids and Sunstreaker were counted as part of 2006. I thought they were counted as 2005.

If someone cracked open a case of the latest Alts, could you let us know what year it says on the box?

19. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

The could also do a Nightbeat repaint/remold of the Acura. Would make the most sense, and would definitely be different enough from Prowl.

And Skids and Sunstreaker do count as 2005 molds I believe. Technically, they started trickling out in December.

20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    based on the colour guide we saw, i'd be shocked if we don't see the Acura as Red Alert sooner than later