Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

Recently traveled to NYC with the family and visited the memorial, and saying it's a rough visit is an understatement.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was in college, working in the IT office at the time. Someone from the back lab yelled out that a plane hit one of the buildings. From the first image I saw, I thought it was like a small prop plane that hit it by accident. Then more reports and details came out and we learned it was a real 747 type plane with passengers. I remember all of us in the office still thinking it was some kind of accident........until the second plane hit. It felt like the whole building was silent that you could hear a pin drop on a carpet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I remember getting out of gym class and then going to English class. I recall not caring in my ignorant youth, and then getting home realizing that this could happen anywhere, to my home, my city. I look back at that first reaction and feel a lot of shame. I love my country, I hope and pray that nothing like this ever happens not just here, but anywhere in the world. Hats off to those men and women that answered the call that day and tragically lost their lives.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    I recently came across an article about United 93 and was reminded of the passengers’ revolt against their hijackers that day. I can say without a doubt every single one of them were some of the most selfless, brilliant, and courageous I’ve ever known.

We may not be a perfect race, but the heroes on United 93 showed us that we do have the capacity for doing marvelous things.

May they never be forgotten.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I did like that act of heroism. It did help that they heard about what happened in DC & New York, and decided to help prevent another attack...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was supposed to go apartment hunting with my girlfriend/wife....

And 22 years later I remember my brothers and sisters who answered the call, and the old firefighters who taught this young one everything...

For the 343 who never came out,
    For Stu Ivins, and Rick Shipley, Rick Cressman, and Chief Joe Berry :
    Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - "I'm still alive, but you are dead. I remember you, so you are eternal"
    Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la - "Not gone, merely marching far away"
    FB_IMG_1694436161475.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I didn't really feel like reliving it today, partly because my parents decided today was a good day to fly east, but mostly because I've recounted my day here a few times and just didn't feel like repeating that part. Just wanted to add that last year I watched the Hulu miniseries about it that had the body cam footage from one of the lead group of firefighters, and other raw footage like Channel 1's reporter leading their cameraman through the parking garage to safety after filming people falling, and so much other footage that didn't make it onto the national news. The news was clearly sanitized for everyone else, especially in the west.

You can't unhear the regular beat of bodies hitting outside as the firefighters are in the lobby, planning their attack, or when the news cam is filming the jumpers...you just can't unhear it.

--Moony

8. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

My daughter and I took our first trip to NYC last Christmas, we stayed right across the street from WTC and it was surreal being up on the 52nd floor staring at where those buildings were and imagining what happened back then. I remember watching it unfold on TV and to me NYC, well you can never grasp that city until you see it in person. I've seen it in so many movies and TV shows, but to actually go there and drive around, and see it in person was an incredible trip, in more sense than one.

Screenshot_20230914-224836_(1).png

She is 7, I told her all about what had happened and she understood quite well and was curious and also quite alarmed. We went down to visit the memorial and man, just standing there in front of giant holes in the ground, then looking over at 1WTC. Its so big!! We didnt get a chance to go up, maybe a part of me was too scared too, but what a trip for sure. But just looking at all the names, there were so many lives lost.l and such a horrific thing to happen.

Screenshots_2023-09-14-22-49-02~2.png

I could never imagine being there as it was unfolding.

• Like Like x 3