Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You do know that if you don't like the subject, you can choose to not click on the thread.

• Like Like x 4
  2. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    I really don't remember much on that day being young like 8 or 9 at the time. but I remember my mom waking me up screaming that we where under attack I got out of bed. Walked into the living room. And saw the first tower on fire then seeing the second plane hit the second tower
    A lot of people on here posting things I didn't know about when it happend and after I didn't know all air traffic was grounded for a week. But like I said I was young and also seeing so many flags everywhere after it did. And hearing where were you when the world stopped turning everywhere we went too it was everywhere even lonestar stake house played it

3. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I see no harm in reviving this topic. Its interestimg to me knowing what people were doing on significant days in history.

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    You're the OP. Maybe you should leave the bumping of this thread to other people.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Jhiaxus

Jhiaxus Liege Centuro

Ebay:
    I was in my 2nd or 3rd period health class in my senior year of high school. All the classrooms in my school had tv's mounted on a corner and the school would always turn them on if something important was going on. Presidential inaugurations and what have you. We were all just sitting there, doing our assignment, when everyone looked up to see a building on fire. The principal then announced that they were having the buses come to school to take us home.

6. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    working 3rd shift at the time so I was sound asleep , this was just another ho hum boring normal day for me when I woek up late that evening to head into work at the time.

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I don't mind the reminder. I felt guilty when I'd realized I'd forgotten yesterday - then I found it really REALLY irritating that my local news talked OVER the name reading. Even tho their story only lasted a minute or so, it was really disrespectful of them.

My story is back pages ago.

--Moony

8. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I almost forgot about 911 dealing with irma.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too, now Jose is on its way

10. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Doubt jose is coming.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I think it's better if people forget this and live in the present instead of being reminded of this all the time. Unless you want to have it like Germany where someone talks about the Nazi crimes every 2 minutes on TV and in school. I can stand to hear it anymore. They're all dead and war is over for 72 years for fuck's sake.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Are you in Germany? If so, I can understand why that is considering what is going on over there. Can't and won't say much more than that though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    While many of us didn't know anyone involved or even living in NYC/Jersey (& other states and counties) at the time, it's never in bad taste to have a moment of silence for the almost 3000 who died that day... many were just everyday people, working hard for their families futures, and they were robbed of seeing that happen. There are many sons and daughters who won't have their parent(s) in their lives again... but they have their memories.

Let's honor that.

So... for the First Responders.. Thank You for your sacrifice... and for the Everyday people who died on Sept. 11th 2001... :rip 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I wonder if Steve Buscemi is suffering from health issues like the other remaining living responders are.

And yes, for the younger folks here, I mean the actor. He was a NYC fireman before he became an actor, and rejoined his engine company for the week after 9/11.

--Moony

15. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Was but a small child who would have turned three years old in a month. I was just barely getting into Transformers at the time, I certainly couldn't even comprehend what was happening at that age. According to my mom, I was actually in Mexico when it happened.

Wasn't originally gonna post here, but I noticed my 1776th post was coming up, so why not here?

16. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

As we come up on the 17th anniversary of this fateful day, it's always sobering to hear of people that have lost friends or loved ones. It will be a few decades, but by 9/11 will be but a distant memory, and will only live on through stories and old news footage...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just so sad. I wish I could have visited the memorial during my trip to New York 2 years ago.

18. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I was attending my first semester of college at NYU, in Manhattan. I was only about 2 miles away from the WTC.

A day I'd like to forget.

19. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

There are many memories of that day and wanted to say what I noticed on my calendar; 9/11 happened on a Tuesday and the 17th anniversary falls on a Tuesday.

I was in high school as a Junior that morning and I was in my English class waiting for the first Bell when another teacher told my English teacher to turn on TV because a plane crashed into a building. I thought it was a accident of a small 6 person plane that crashed into a 5 story tall building in OKC but once the channel was set to CNN, everyone realized it was not an accident.

when the second plane crashed into the second tower, screams could be heard in the entire school building. We all just watched TV that day and the next day, we all just talked on how we felt about it. Thursday we continued on with school.

• Like Like x 1
  20. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    That was similar to me except I was a freshman in high school and I was about to start gym class when we got the news. But like you we also spent the entire school day watching the news on tv.