Where were you on September 11th, 2001?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Or more specifically, were where you when you first heard of the attacks?

Main reason I want to ask this is because the annniversiary is coming up, and hopefully, this isn't too much of a sensitive topic..

Me, I was i my seventh grade math class. I'll be honest, I knew what the Twin Towers were, but never paid attention to them. The last time I did was when the Guiness World Records show had a guy walk down the steps doing a handstand. Needless to say, was very somber for the rest of the day..

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I was working in a machine shop, we heard it on the radio, and eventually, the whole shop ended up watching it on TV in the management lounge as it happened. What a sad day, it was very surreal.

3. Darthbane2007

Also, I remembering it being on every single news channel the whole day. This went on for at least a few weeks...

4. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

I was across the street working at the World Financial Center. Saw the entire thing.

5. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i was starting my second year of college. a bunch of us had a morning class then went out to eat breakfast at the big stop. we came back and a guy came out of res and said "you gotta see this, people are flying planes into the world trade center and the pentagon. it's insane" so we all went in and stodd around the tv watching cnn for the next few hours as the towers crumbled down.

6. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i was at work, as i went to lunch i saw it on all the TVs in dixons. that's one of those defining moments in our generation i guess, much like my folks can remember where they were when JFK was shot.

7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I was on my way home from work. I had pulled an overnight shift to get some stuff done. Pulled out of the parking lot when the second plane hit. I got home and passed out while watching CNN. I didn't hear about the Pentagon and the other jet that was crashed until later that evening. Once the second plane hit the Towers I knew it couldn't be an accident though.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  9. Darthbane2007

Was anybody in New York or Washington DC as the attacks were taking place?

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On my first day of nursing clinicals. My instructor's son worked across the street from there. He was thankfully, alright.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    :) 

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I was at school. We didnt know until we got home.
    I thought my parents were watching a movie.

13. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

Starting the first week of my second year of university. As I walked across campus, a girl I sort of knew from one of my classes ran up to me and said "Oh my god, did you see the news? Somebody flew a plane into the World Trade Center, and it collapsed on the Pentagon!"
    American geography, not her strong suit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I was at home in bed. I slept in and didn't wake up until about 10:30-ish. That was one very bad day.

15. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Just started my shift at our 911 call center. (Most enjoyable job I ever had) Ironically, aside from a couple calls asking if we had anything to worry about (in Illinois), it was, by far, the quietest day I ever worked there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

In the library at school. I don't think I had a class or anything, I remember just chilling, reading a magezine and then seeing some teachers and superintendent come in and turn on the tv in the media room and then running in and out of the library. I could kind of see the tv and didn't know what was going on and went over to watch. Ended up watching up through the towers falling before leaving the library.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I was at my ex sister in law's i had just come back from walking my niece to kindergarten and turned on the TV and saw the first tower of the world trade center on fire and yelled to my my mom who was there as well and my sister in law to come look and just as they got there the plane hit the second tower , and we just all sat there stunned for a good 5 minutes and ended up watching the coverage all day as most did

18. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    this again? I was going to one of my classes in college and someone stopped to tell me.

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At work. We all went into a conference room where they set up a TV. Until we all went home a few hours later, we just sat there watching.

9/11, the Columbia exploding, & Princess Diana's death are the only events I can remember where I was when I heard the news.

20. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    At college. I was coming back from Chemistry and when I was walking through the halls of my dorm I heard peopletalking about something happening in NY. I got to my room just a few minutes before the plane struck the second tower. I was pretty much glued to the TV with tears rolling down my cheek the entire rest of the day.