Where was Alpha Trion in Marvel Comics?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Alienbot, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, he was a cartoon creation so it's unsurprising he didn't appear, but just for fun, originality or laughs let's speculate why Alpha Trion, one of the original 13 Primes, a multiversal singularity and constant patron of the Autobots didn't appear in the Marvel continuity.

IMO, this might've been him. (Ooops, maybe I've given the Almanac or Hasbro ideas, well, it's not like I'm copyrighting it.)

Attached Files:

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a guy in the very first issue of the Marvel comic, before the Transformers left Cybertron, that Optimus addresses as "Sire." I always liked the idea that he was Alpha Trion. (Doesn't look anything like him, though.)

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

That's not Alpha Trion.

I forget the name of the guy who guards Primus (what's worse is that I only read that story the other week!).

Most of the Marvel UK stuff was written by Simon Furman, who maybe just didn't like Alpha Trion.
    I couldn't say for 100% certain if AT definitely didn't appear even once in any issue - although I certainly don't recall seeing him.

4. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Meh, I always thought this guy would have been the closest to Alpha Trion there'd be in Marvel continuity (from the very first issue, as previously mentioned):
    [​IMG]
    Incidentally, Seibertron.com's database entry for this issue lists Alpha Trion as one of the characters, so I'm guessing whoever edited that entry thought the same - but really, I don't consider Alpha as having ever been part of the Marvel continuity, cool as it would have been to have another robot 'stache. :D 

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Primus guardian was called the Keeper.

I don't know Simon Furman's opinion of Alpha Trion either, but once Furman created Emirate Xaaron he didn't really need him. And really, why use an official Sunbow character who might not fit your ideas when you can use a guy you made up and who can be anything you need him to be?

Jochimus, is it okay that I'm scared you were able to pull up that picture THAT FAST?

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
  7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Probably taking a breather. Maybe catching a smoke with Vector Prime?

9. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. However Furman did use Alpha Trion in the Energon comics, and said he was "maybe" going to include him in IDW's cancelled Thirteen comic before Exodus confirmed AT was a Prime.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    At this year's Botcon panels, I was surprised to learn Bob Budiansky has never seen the G1 cartoon. So no surprise that Alpha Trion never made an appearance!

But for the fun of speculation, I say Alpha Trion got gored off-panel by Octopunch, when the Mayhem Attack Squad was travelling to Cybertron's core in pursuit of the Classic Pretenders and Rescue Patrol. This was the most badass thing Octopunch had ever done, until beating his own record hours later by shooting Primus in the face.

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:

I am a fan of taking Transformers who don't have a toy and replacing them with a character who did have a toy even if they came much later after the comic had been published. If I could draw well, I'd redraw some of the Marvel comics to show this.

Anyway, the Keeper, he would be replaced by Beta-Maxx. Emirate Xaaron would be replaced by Emirate Safeguard (Vector Prime's Mini-Con) in Cybertron Galaxy Force colors. Others include Death's Head being replaced by Detritus, Scrounge by Bumper, even obscure generics are replaced by those with toys even if they do die in the same issue they are introduced.

As for Alpha Trion, I have him watching over the Matrix Flame (who was some generic who made a single panel appearance in Target: 2006). Extending his story from that, he's pretty much the same guy he was in the cartoon.

12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Just...no.

Wasn't that Xaaron?

And still, no.

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    You need to give more of a reason than just "no".

Anyway, some more. These aren't just exact copies, some would work easily whereas others may need significant changes to the original story to sometimes the story is changed slightly to incorporate them and show their established personality. Plus, for those who die in the same issue they get introduced, I like to think of a backstory for them. These are just for my own amusement.

Crosscut - Battle Gaia Leland

Generics: UK #98 - Battle Gaia Target Hawk

Impactor - Roadbuster
    (with Marvel Roadbuster being replaced by Ricochet)

Triple Changer Sandstorm is replaced by Battle Gaia Sandstorm who defects to the Autobots to join the Wreckers. He's identical to Marvel Sandstorm in personality and attitude but is not a triple changer. He still dies in Time Wars. The real Autobot Sandstorm is on Paradron like in the cartoon.

Rack 'n' Ruin - Artfire. During the story Wrecking Havoc, there is a new scene where Artfire and Ricochet grab Fracas and Nightstick and claim to be Targetmasters (also getting their names wrong). But Fracas and Nightstick escape. Later changes his name to Inferno.

Macabre - Thunderwing before he gains his Pretender Shell. He doesn't die but is taken out of action for a while.

Horsepower - Go Shooter

Playback - Minerva

Nautilus - Punch

Generics: UK #147 - The two guards are Decepticharge and his unreleased silver repaint.

The Student - Beast Wars Megatron. The origin of Megatron and the reason why he becomes evil although this is long before he becomes a criminal. The ending of Aspects of Evil is changed to incorporate Beast Wars.

Ferak - Seawing

The Decepticon High Council - Leozack, Gaihawk, Hellbat

The Triumverate - Jaruga, Killbison, Drillhorn

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Good thing we're getting a Straxus toy so you no longer have to use Stalker as him or whatever!

15. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  16. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair enough.

You want to discard established characters, which a fair amount of the fanbase care about, just to replace them with "toy" characters, most of which don't have character. All that just to, I can only assume, "sell the toys to yourself".

And you don't see anything wrong with that?

Sorry, but having a toy doesn't make a character "better" than others, despite what Hasbro may think.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I disagree. The Drift toy is the ONLY thing redeeming the character.

18. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    That's because it's Drift

19. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I think Emirate Xaaron kinda filled that spot. I was wondering this question just yesterday.....

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe he was deceased there? I got nothin'.