Where to get the Japanese G1 on DVD?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimal Convoy, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Optimal Convoy

Optimal Convoy Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to see the Japanese continuation of G1: Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Zone...but, where can i get copies of these to watch on US DVD??

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    All im aware of is that Headmaster was released as Region 0 (works on all players) Here in the UK, while Super God Masterforce and Victory were only Region 2.

I'm not sure if they were ever officially released in the US. Victory is awesome so I hope you get a chance to see it.

3. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Yeah, but even Headmasters is PAL, so unless you watch your DVDs on a computer or have a DVD player with PAL->NTSC conversion or a Television with native PAL support (which are pretty rare in the US from what I've heard), you're screwed.

Unless, of course, you're willing to settle with the Chinese bootlegs which only have the abysmal dub version...

HA HA HA HA HA!!! That's a good one :D 

...oh, you weren't kidding, were you? :( 

Seriously, you should only see it if you still think Armada was the worst TF series ever.

4. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, was Victory really that bad?

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it has it's moments but masterforce and headmasters is better.

6. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Ahh bummer, i was looking forward to watching Victory, im currently watching masterforce but just cant seem to get into it for some reason.

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I really liked Victory above the others, the ending was great, the story was fun, I liked the Characters and the human characters were the least annoying out of all three.

I'm not sure why its disliked but Victory really hit all the right buttons for me and saying that I enjoyed Headmasters and Masterforce just not as much.

I've never seen Armada or Energon, I don't think official complete boxsets exist in the UK for them.

8. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Well, Headmasters may be stupid and use anything as an excuse for sixteen billion fights, but at least it isn't as flat-out boring as Victory.

Take the season 2 of the American cartoon, remove all imaginativeness, flatten all characters to completely interchangeable and toss in the awkwardly stiff military structure of Japanese Autobots and you've got Victory.

Victory basically tries hard to be like the original series and fails utterly. It even has two Starscream wannabes, who are both even less competent.

Please point me at this "story" you speak of. And while you're at that, the "fun" too...

9. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I watched it and enjoyed it, I personally didn't find it boring. Each to their own I suppose.

The Story was the same as most other Transformers series Good vs. Evil I don't expect anything else to be fair :) 

You only quoted one part, so does that mean you agree with me on the other things, lol :wink: 

10. Optimal Convoy

so if I cant get it on DVD, what are some others ways I can watch them, any online sites?

11. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    There's a fansub of the whole series, but I can't tell you that because it's, like, against the rules and stuff. :p 

Well, not the whole series, it seems they never got around to finish Headmasters, and don't think they finished Masterforce either...

I can tell "excitement" and "inventive" weren't a part of your expectations, either.

I'm trying hard not to get personal, so please do not make that any more difficult than it already is...

12. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

TV-Nihon has subbed all of Masterforce and victory, and part of headmasters. I would check there.

13. Optimal Convoy

ok, found that, this may be a stupid ?, but how do I download and play a bittorrent??

14. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

You need a torrent program to get the files. I use http://www.utorrent.com/

There are others out there also.

Once it is finshed you can watch them on Windows Media player. You might need a divx codec, however.