1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Customs: Where to find Styrene...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Pun-3X, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Well, I live out in Las Vegas, so I don't know if area has anything to do with it. I see a lot of kitbashers using styrene sheets to make some of their parts from, but I go to hobby shops and craft shops and they have no idea where to get any except through commercial ordering. (which sounds like it'd be bulk-purchasing)

Anyone know if there are specialty shops to get this stuff at? Those kitbashers that use it, where do you get it from?

2. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. jedimac

jedimac New Member

Goto Model Train Stores, they carry styrene for the modelist that like to build thier own scenery buildings, all the train hobby stores around where I live carry tons of it, it comes in sheets, different thicknesses. Hope this helps you out.

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'll try trainshops specifically, thanks.

On a side note, those that have used it, how durable is the stuff? Are there other good materials for paneling when customizing TF toys?

5. fezool

fezool Well-Known Member

Might check www.hobbytown.com to see if they have a location near you. They carry styrene I believe.

I actually haven't purchased any yet, but I know the one here carries styrene. So far I've just been using a sign that reads "Authorized Vehicles Only - Unauthorized vehicles will be towed away". :D 
    The sign I have is about 1mm thick and about as flexible as a credit card. It was cheaper than the styrene sheets.