Where the F is MP Sunstreaker? Really

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chnkyclnkytrike, Jun 25, 2014.

1. chnkyclnkytrike

chnkyclnkytrike Well-Known Member

Where the F sereies continues with:​
    Where the F is MP Sunstreaker? This is legit he is debatably the most popular of the twins and lambo G1 formers.
    Frankly I have been really confused and pissed we didn't get him first or second and he's not even on the radar. spell it out What The Fuck?

He is not some second tier character or even figure. I'm not understanding this. Hasbro well Takara please make MP Sunstreaker cause hasbro will not step up and do a MP that hasn't already been done by Takara.

We could ask for days where the F is so and so, but this freakin' mold has basically been done they are repainting the fuck out of this Countach mold so thats why where the F is MP Sunstreaker is coming up.

Plus he was my very first transformer when all I was collecting was MOTU back in 1985. Sunstreaker and the dinobots were the reason i branched on from MOTU.
    Thats what this is for some will say rumble rumble blah blah but If your gonna let your voice be heard there should be passion and a reason for it, and that's my reason. And well I'm not the only one loving Sunstreaker he is widely appreciated.

Tiger fukn Track dick don't get it done! Sunstreaker Tak/Has Sunstreaker

2. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    F series? Don't care.

I do however also want an MP Sunstreaker.

3. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Takara had their chance. They had to know he'd be in high demand after doing Sideswipe.

4. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Calm down. I'm sure they'll repaint Ultra Magnus into Sunstreaker. Just give it a few months.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe they wanted to break up the Lambos. They've already released three at retail and one exclusive from MP-12 since late '12. I don't see why holding off is a big deal. Maybe if we get well into the 30s and Sunstreaker hasn't been since or hinted at by then, I could understand impatience and even some worry that Takara can't/won't do him, but I don't see any reason for concern right now.

Honestly, among G1 characters...he kind of is a second-tier character. I can barely remember anything of consequence he did in the cartoon, and outside of his headmaster-turned-traitor role in IDW, he hasn't been a major player in other fiction. He's not quite Trailbreaker or Windcharger, but most other G1 Season 1 characters are as deserving or more deserving of a MP figure, if we're going by prominence in G1 fiction, as Sunstreaker. Any relation to Sideswipe only matters so much since he's not a direct redeco and will require his own mold.

I want to see him eventually too, don't get me wrong, but I don't see what the need for a big rush on this thing is.

LOL​

7. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

NO!!! It will be a Shockwave repaint. I am a secret Agent man for Takara you know...

(Okay no I'm not)

8. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

Sunstreaker would seem like a no brainer after releasing Sideswipe, but the tooling is so entirely different, I'm not sure if we'll ever see him.

9. chnkyclnkytrike

^lmao

Acid Storm, Sunshitstorm and TigerDickTrack yeah not buying what your selling there.
    Has/Tak can do repaint slight remold in their sleep and that's all this toy is gonna be.

10. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

I see a lot of people comparing this situation to the repaints that other MP molds have already received. A question must be raised, however. Do MP collectors want a simple Sideswipe retool as Sunstreaker? They look nothing alike in the G1 toys or cartoon.

If Hasbro and/or Takara released a Sideswipe retool and called it Sunstreaker they'd get just as much flak as if they'd not released one at all.

11. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    To be fair, the recent Acid Storm and Sunstorm are both Hasbro, not Takara, and Tigertrack was an exclusive. Plus, all three are repaints, not a brand new mold.

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Question: do you realize Sunstreaker isn't a repaint of Sideswipe...as in not even close?

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then you're not very smart. See below.

Yeah, this isn't Classics, this isn't a remold candidate. If you think Sunstreaker is a first tier G1 character (which I would disagree with, but whatever) yet are comfortable settling for a remold of MP-12, you don't know much about Sunstreaker and your whining is pointless.

14. chnkyclnkytrike

Oh let me really work people up and get them to yell at me lol.

Where is MP Headmaster Sunstreaker? Well we are in the IDW era give us a MP Headmaster Sunstreaker. If we are talking retool let's retool the fuck out of it, make it a headmaster.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Mabye they're having problems with getting Lamborghini to allow the licence to be used.

I mean, while most of the recent name changes because of word interpretation are rather silly (because calling a robot "Slag" totally means the British term for loose women and not the more sensical byproduct of metal forging), it's pretty easy for somebody to misinterpret "Sunstreaker" as meaning "he who streaks in the Sun" or something, since "streaking" is that thing where people go jogging in public with their junk for all the world to see.

That's...actually not a bad idea. Like, have a normal, standard head, but also include an additional head/figure of Hunter O 'Neon that works as a headmaster and can sit in the driver's seat in vehicle mode.

16. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Acid Storm and Sunstorm are straight up repaints on a mould. No new tooling needed.

Tigertrack was a repaint of a mould as well. Combined some parts from Red Alert and Sideswipe, but essentially a glorified repaint.

Sunstreaker will have to be an entirely new mould.

You're not working people up; you're coming across as somebody who mindlessly rants.

17. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

Didn't we hear something about Takara wanting to do Sunstreaker or already had the mold of him but the Manufacturer disliked the fact that sunstreaker's front end has to split apart and becomes a pair of legs/feet? that's why takara didn't get the green light on him?

correct me if I'm wrong.

18. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    ^^ What he said.

Also, if MP release = regarding his prominence in season 1, if we are talking that, then Brawn would be ahead of Sunstreaker, possibly Powerglide too.

So in summary to the OP, get the third party one when its released, or get some patience.

And any IDW Sunstreaker would likely be in the Generations line.

19. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

Where's my fucking MP Astrotrain?

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Not until MP Devestator comes out. They need to have an idea of how big that space shuttle alt. mode interior needs to be, y'know.