Where is Leader Megatron Online?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HereticalHeresy, Mar 6, 2015.

1. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    He was supposed to be in stock in BBTS and TFSource in February, and he even started to show up in stores. But why hasn't he appeared online yet? He's shown up once on HasbroToyShop, but of course he vanished after that. But where is he on Amazon, BBTS and TFSource, what's taking him so long to show up there?

Specifically I'm referring to G1 Megatron. But not like Armada isn't victim of this either.

2. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    See:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ly-released-upcoming-toys-hasbro-edition.html

Hasbro Generations - Leader Class MEGATRON ARMADA MEGATRON (sold out of G1 version)

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Wave 1 Case - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Wave 1 - Set of 2 (sold out of G1 version)

Transformers - Combiner Wars Leader Class Wave 1 - Case of 2 - Toy Dojo (sold out of G1 version)

Megatron Action Figure Combiner Wars Leader Transformers Generations

ARMADA Megatron Action Figure Combiner Wars Leader Transformers

Combiner Wars Leader Armada Megatron (sold out of G1 version)

Generations Leader Combiner Wars 2015 Series 01 - Armada Megatron - Transformers Combiner Wars Leader (G1 version pre-order sold out)

And Armada's still up on HTS:

Transformers at HasbroToyShop.com | TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LEADER CLASS ARMADA MEGATRON FIGURE Product Details

3. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

I have wondered the same thing Amazon is being weird saying its not coming out til June and has him way overpriced. Ebay is full of scalpers jacking the prices up to the $80-$100 range. All the regular e-tailers are either sold out on regular Megatron preorders or you have to have a preorder for both him and the armada one. I looked all last week at 3 toys r us stores and they all said the figure isn't even in their database.

4. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
  5. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I will admit, it is strange that almost all of Combiner Wars has shown up available online before store sightings yet is the opposite for Leader Class Megatron and Armada Megatron. Online stores get shipments in at different times and that dock worker issue on the west coast certainly didn't help. If the dock workers are going on a Last In First Out strategy, that could explain why the stores got him first over online stores. Hopefully it wont be too much longer for him to become available at other online retailers. :) 

6. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Ah alright, that makes sense. Especially considering how different of a shipment Leaders would be in. Thank you!

7. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Didn't you see the film? Nobody simply summons Megatron to show up on demand. Unless you're Unicron, he was pleased to get first dibs on that.

In all seriousness, the previous posts largely have said everything that needs to be said. Though it might also be worth your while to put out a wanted thread in the BST subforum. Another member might be able to get one for you locally and send it to you for a reasonable price sooner than online stores get around to listing him.

9. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First, obvious reason would be the dock strikes. Second, if the production was slated to be around Lunar New Years that could have delayed things. Lastly, there's no set order in which stores may received shipment and especially for retailers, no idea how long it takes them to go from distribution to brick-and-mortar.

HTS actually getting stock in first is a surprise and not the norm.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazon has yet to stock him. You're just talking about the people selling them on Amazon, which is the same as ebay "buy it now".

I'm just gonna wait for Amazon unless he pops up again at HTS before that coupon expires.

11. witzcracker

witzcracker Member

12. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

I lucked out and found mine at my local Walmart. They got in one mixed case of Megs and I ended up taking both G1 and Armada home that day.

13. HereticalHeresy

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    These links are really not helping me. I know where he is for preorder, the question was why is he still up for preorder and hasn't been available still.

I thought the case shipment was of both Megatrons though, what do you mean by mixed?

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. That might just help me.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He just means it's a case of 1 G1 Megatron and 1 Armada Megatron. Later case assortments are supposed to just be 2x G1 Megatron. It'll be funny then when people complain about not being able to find Armada.

15. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Where is anything at retail tho?

16. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Patience, G1 Megatron will come eventually and then will clog shelves so people can complain about not being able to find Leader Ultra Magnus later in the year.