Where does your loyalties lie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Jul 17, 2014.

?

Where does your loyalties lie?

1. Hasbro!! 'murrica baby, whoooo!! Without them we wouldn't even have Transformers, duh

14 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Baka! with Takara, they cater to me, the fan. That makes them sugoi in my book

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. With official products as they are just better 'cause they are rigorously tested.

18 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. I don't really care, as long as it is a good and faithful representation of the characters I want.

102 vote(s)
    65.8%
  5. I loathe Hasbro to the extent that I have now switched to only buying 3P products

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Loyalties? Pffft, my Redimus Truck is fighting aliens in my display

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Like every good manchild, I am traitorous backstabbing swine. I am shallow, fickle, skeptical, and a natural cynic. I hate the very idea of being loyal to a company. Companies may earn my goodwill for a short time when they release something I like, but they will lose it again pretty easily.

I give them all the benefit of the doubt, I eagerly consume any and all news, announcements, and prototypes, and I will keep tabs on anything that grabs my attention. I make no promises to preorder, buy on sight, or to buy any following products. I will very rarely preorder anything before reviews come out, and when I do it is usually based on character rather than company.

2. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Option 7: I loath Hasbro, but I'll occasionally buy their stuff.

3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Don't really care who makes it so long as it looks cool, durable, and doesn't break the bank.

For now that means Hasbro or Takara get most of my money(Takara seems to be getting more than Hasbro since I've been more impressed with their offerings. Oh Waspinator I wuv you. What!? Don't judge me). 3rd party is doing many many cool things, but they would just cost too much right now. A figure every once in a while.

4. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna say Hasbro, for the simple fact that their stuff is generally the only stuff I can afford

That said, I am, most of the time, pretty happy with the Hasbro figures I buy, so I don't feel too much of a need to go and spend big bucks on Takara or 3rd Party products. Granted, there's some stuff from those two I'd like, but I can live without them

5. Shockblaster

Shockblaster Well-Known Member

My loyalty is to my own. Whoever makes the better product gets my money.

6. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Whichever looks coolest and gives me more bang for my buck. Sometimes its Hasbro, sometimes its third party.Examples: I'd much rather have the Hasbro leader Jetfire over Daca Toys Kronos, but I'd prefer Fansproject Revolver over the Hasbro voyager Roadbuster.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    had to vote for the anyone option, classics etc, hasbro, mps, takara, and anything else from decent 3rd party companies

8. Hotcakesbot

Hotcakesbot Pancake-former

For me, it just has to be a really cool looking bot. Though there are some characters I remember fondly, simply representing a character is not enough. I like to consider potential purchases from a generally objective point of view. I view the product as one would if there were no knowledge of the history of transformers. I ask myself: If I grew up on Mars or in a cave and somehow have never heard of transformers, would I still think this bot looks cool. (Don't get me wrong, though, I also enjoy seeing third parties totally nail the look of a character that Hastak could have or should have released in that form.)

The look of the bot mode is usually the deciding factor. (I usually only consider the alt mode if it represents something that doesn't exist in the real world--or no longer exists in the case of dinobots.)

While I am a little wary of 3rd party products, I've had good experiences with them so far.

9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i don't know why anyone would limit themselves..

i'll almost always go with the takara versions of masterpiece figures.. mostly because i like the paint scheme better, and because they come out first.. but if a hasbro version comes out and looks better, i'll pick that up too.

now, if i could afford to pick and choose the like this for everything, it'd be nice, but usually i'll pick up hasbro versions of main line figures unless the disparity between the two is a lot.. like i bought the henkei version of dinobot because hasbro's was just so bad.. same with universe/henkei smokescreen.

but like i said, i would NEVER limit myself to being loyal to one single thing.

even when it comes to third party figures.. personally, i wish i could afford all of them.. but i have no problem with them. though, when it comes to masterpiece figures, i'd rather wait for official versions of them (unless i don't think there'll ever be one) just because most 3rd parties just haven't been able to match the aesthetic of what takara does.

but i should say that lately with kronos and some of the masterpiece dinobots, those look like they'd fit in perfectly with other masterpiece figures. but i'd still rather wait for a possible official release. although, with that being said, if i had the disposable income, i'd definitely pick those figures up because they look fantastic.

your sig is funny.. though.. i tried doing that with google (i've never searched for michael bay on google by the way).. and here's what showed up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Lycanthropic Tendencies

Lycanthropic Tendencies Well-Known Member

I'm not loyal to any company.
    They make stuff to make money, I buy stuff to enjoy. If those two things meet, great. If not I'll go elsewhere and they'll sell to someone who wants what they're making.

11. CKSpawn

CKSpawn 666 The Beastformer

I will buy anything for a good price but if it's not a good price i can wait.I have lots of toys not all transformers.DSelect Venom, Legend Carnage,heak I have Squirlnoid fron nicks TMNT just cause he was cheep and reminds me of Aliens.I buy Hasbro have yet to buy Takara but, am looking for a cheep Dispensor the Mountin Dew Truck.I buy Third Party weapons and I have Chaos/Paladin but his neck exsploded 2'nd time I tryed to transform him and a Megatron Micron that turns into a gun.

12. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Loyal to my savings account.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Old):
    By what I like.

I don't care if it's Hasbro, Takara, or 3rd party. If I like something and I can afford it, I'm going for it.

14. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I don't care. If it looks good on the shelf then it's fine by me.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I try to get whatever I can get my hands on first.