Where does this Megatron rank?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by The Primes, May 24, 2009.

1. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

Now that Animated is most likely over, I'm asking a question that I've been wondering for quite some time.

Where does Animated Megatron rank along the line of Megatrons?

I'd have to say that I think he's tied with BW Megs for the title of best Megatron of all time.

He can easily manipulate others (Sumdac, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Omega Supreme (Transwarped)), he does'nt tolerate treachery of any kind and deals with it in a cruel efficiency (Starscream), and he's just really powerful.

In their first encounter, it took all five Autobots to take down Starscream, and even then it was really close. Megatron can kill Starscream with literally no effort whatsoever.

In Endgame, Megatron did start to let his emotions get the best of him, but he made up for it BY SURVIVING A POINT BLANK NUCLEAR EXPLOSION!

So overall, I think this Megatron kicks ass.

2. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Hes #1!!!

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would still give it to BW megs for being a better schemer but animated is a damn close second

4. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would say Animated Megs is arguably the strongest Megatron in any of the American cartoons (haven't read enough comics or seen the Japanese stuff yet), but BW Megs still outdoes him in the character department. So I would put Animated Megs at a very respectable 2nd place behind BW/BM Megs.

5. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

This is one of my favorite Megatrons ever, coming close behind BM Megs.

6. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    #01 BW Megatron, yeeeessss.
    #02 TFA Megatron.

7. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Yes same here! Although I feel G1 Megs can take spot 1,2, or 3 depending on who grew up with g1 or disliked Beast wars or w/e. For me it is
    1. BW Megatron
    2. TFA Megatron
    3. G1 Megatron

8. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Movie Megs is pretty badass. I would rank him number one in fighting ability (the little we actually saw of him), and overall evilness. I mean, he would have gutted Sam in a heartbeat if he could. And I am sure that ROTF will show him being even worse. (I haven't read those spoilers and I don't plan to, so I don't know if I am right.)

But in cunning, I think Animated is pretty high up there. It is close with BM Megs. I know that BM and BW Megs are basically the same, but I consider them to be different characters.

BM and Animated Megs are pretty close as far as cunning goes, but I think Animated tops BM just barely simply because BM Megs suspected betrayals, but Animated anticipated them and planned ahead...sooo. Yes, Animated Megs is the more calculating.

It depends on how you like your Megatrons. I prefer upfront brutality and cruelty, so I really enjoyed movie Megs. Animated suffered from the "kids show" syndrome and so he wouldn't bother with gore that often (robo-gore being another story). BM got pretty brutal and he was calculating, though he wasn't as fun to watch...as, say, G1 or BW.

I am going to say now that I know NOTHING about the RID or Unicron Megatrons. I can never get around to watching them. I have seen maybe the first eight episodes of Armada, and that is it. Soooooo I know nothing about the Japanese Megatrons.

Yup. So. I really...hmmm....Okay, Animated Megs is my favorite now. He is fun to watch, can fight, is brutal, is the most cunning Megs ever...ya. He's awesome.

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NUMBER ONE!

There's really only two other Megatrons even worth considering: G1 and BW Megs.

G1: Has plenty of personality, strength, leads his troops into battle, but he's not the best of planners. He'll come up with a strong plan but no backup plan. However, he is good at thinking on his feet. While he almost never has a backup plan, he is good at adapting to rapidly changing situations. Many of his troops have it out for him, which he fails to deal with, resulting in his death in 2005...

BW: More regal than his counterparts, one gets the air of high society from BW Megs. Often commands from the base. His troops mostly don't like serving him, have actively worked against him, and consist of criminals rather than soldiers. Despite this, he generally tolerates their disobedience and manages to hold the "team" together. When it comes to planning, the guy is a genius. He plans for long-term warfare instead of expending all his energy on weekly ultimate weapons. He's got the smarts, is strong relative to his opponents, lots of charisma, and just when you think you've got him beat- he pulls out an ace.

TFA: Cool, collected and not prone to violent outbursts or displays of surprise. Easily the strongest of all three Megatrons relative to his opponents (and probably each other). His plans are generally long-term and flexible enough to still be viable if something unexpected happens. His troops may be disorderly but not incompetent or treasonous. Starscream, the only one to challenge him, was dealt with swiftly and severely. His ability to stay a step ahead of the Autobots stems from his placement of key Decepticon infiltrators in the highest offices of Autobot command. Smart, crafty, manipulative, powerful and plenty of personality and charisma as he leads his army onto the battlefield.

TFA Megatron takes it!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    1. Beast Wars

2. Animated

3. G1

11. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like Beast Wars Megatron best but technically he is not the same character as 'the' Megatron. When it comes to them id say Animated is the best, followed by Armada and G1. Movie Megs is pretty good but I have seen so little of him its hard to judge. I also dont really like the idea of him being the fallens lacky. It basically has made Megatron second in command.

12. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Numbah One.

Though he did drop a little on my list for his fails in Endgame.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He ranks high up there, somehwere between Jesus and robotic William Shatner.

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    He ranks somewhere on the bottom with the likes of Toon G1 Megs and RID Megs.

Beast wars Megatron will still be the best of all Megatrons.

On the other hand, the Optimus of this continuity is one of the best ones we had.

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    XD.

That's real good right there.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    top 3

17. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I concur w/ the above that:
    1) BW Megatron
    2) Animated Megatron
    3) G1

Now for Optimus Primes =) :
    1) G1 Optimus Prime
    2) Animated Optimus Prime
    3) Season 2 Transmetal Optimus Prime - Reason: For some odd reason I felt TM Prime was a lot more cooler and coordinated than he was in season 1. In Season 3, he was kick ass when his spark merged w/ G1 Prime's spark, but when he returned it, he was always getting targetted first and goes down ez. Hell, they even managed to control his big monkey butt to beat up his friends! wthhhhhhh????

18. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    This. Yessssssss...

19. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

1) G1 continuity
    2) Animated
    3) Movie
    4) Beast Wars (specifically his dragon form)
    5) Beast Machines (only because he was one of the few megatrons that succeeded in his goals
    6) RID

20. AMG

AMG Old School

For me:

1) G1/BW Megatrons are tied for first.

2) Animated Megatron